ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• L96_IIBuRnSII
    Original poster 15 posts

What are all your thoughts on the current state of this raid exotic?
    Feel free to add ideas

Now prior to its "adjustment" It gave you everything it currently does now except it also granted 35% Weapon Damage.
    The "adjustment" took away the 35% damage and boosted its base weapon damage to try and compensate for the change.

BUT the thing is, the game also changed. Adding (Damage to targets out of cover + others) on all weapons such as your standard ARs

Now my personal thoughts on the EB are that damage wise it really isnt up to par with the high end ARs.

With High Ends also having talents that increase damage (Ranger, Optimist, In-Sync) plus the additional (Damage to targets out of cover, Damage to Armour) all adding even more damage.

Now this is what I think could be a nice quality of life change to this exotic ESPECIALLY with it being a raid exotic.

Personally I would like to see the "Bighorn" Talent merged with the EB so (Landing Headshots delays the decay of tenacity by 0.5/1 second. Also whilst Tenacity is active you deal 15% Total Weapon Damge.

I mean 15% is nothing when you think of the likes of the Lady Death giving you 75% Amplified Damage just from running around...

At least with the EB you have to earn the damage via a talent proc. It isnt just given to you for free 🙂🙂

What are other peoples thoughts on the Eagle Bearer??

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    901 posts

Yes, the EB used to be very strong. Maybe it even was on the edge of being overpowered. But nowadays... well... that's in my opinion a long story that only marginally involves the EB:

So why did the EB transform from being close to overpowered to being under par with regular HE ARs? When the EB was introduced to the game, TD2 was still young and healthy and meant to live for oh so many weeks and months and years. In this scenario the EB was hard to get but also very powerful. Long story short: it got nerfed primarily because of PvP. But it needed to be toned down in order to fit into the ecosystem of loot and item power we had back then. (Of course one may argue that the nerf was too heavy, a thing that Massive often does, but generally spoken the EB needed to be looked into.)

Nowadays, the game suffers from the misconception that its life cycle would be over back in Fall/Winter 2020. A clear sign for this is the introduction of Optimization, which also marked the end of TD1's life cycle. Additionally, the devs added gear that tremendously raised the powerlevel of our agents. Gear that was designed to accompany the game towards its planned end and to open up every content – from legendary missions to having perfect items – to basically every player. We're talking about the Scorpio, the Memento, the Rigger Gear Set and the Empress International Brand Set plus the Capacitor and the Waveform. This gear closes the gap between not-so-good players and very good players – but not by actually making them better players, but by giving them overpowered gear. (Simply put: take all the aforementioned items away from an agent and then see if he can still pull off a legendary mission...)

So where's the EB's part in that story? Well, it got nerfed while the game was at the very beginning of its life cycle and when it still was necessary, mandatory to rework outliers. Today TD2 kind of has the ecosystem of a game that should have been ended a year ago. And especially concerning gear, this ecosystem doesn't fix outliers, it creates outliers. In order to attract more players/buyers on the game's way to the bargain tables.

This is why the EB and possibly also the EB-builds seem to fall short against the now intentionally overpowered Scorpio-Memento-shield-builds, the AFK-drone/turret-skillbuilds, and that kind of builds.

Having said that, I don't expect the EB to get a rework any time soon. And most possibly not at all.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Still my preferred AR, but I would never say no to a buff 😁

Definitely weaker than it used to be [all the Exotics are, except Pestilence], but I have trouble quiting the 60 round mag and Tenacity [I R&G a lot]. I don't In-Sync, because I don't really use skills. Optimist & Damage To only pulls the high DPS AR's a few % points ahead of Eagle Bearer, but you lose Tenacity. Plus, the EB looks cooler..

A dual proc In-Sync will hit harder - as long as you consistently have it procc'd.

The only time I don't reach for it, is if I want to use a different Exotic, I'm running Spotter, or running a skill build.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

It's "meh" at best. The number of bullets it holds is the only advantage it has over any other AR, and even then, it's not by much. I almost never use mine, and don't even carry it on any character other than my main cause that's the only one I use to run Dark Hours now, and Razorback and the very intro part before Boomer are the only times I ever use it.

I think 90% of the exotic guns need a buff in this game. There's nothing "exotic" about them when they are usually not the best option. Outside of Lady Death and Scorpio, most are a little underwhelming to say the least. Ravi gets in the next teir down, along with Regulas, but even those still are not in the same class as the first 2. Bullet King has it's super limited uses as well, but overall it's rarely ever that an exotic in Div 2 is "Best in Slot", which I view as an fundamental problem with them.

EB needs a damage buff for sure. It's meant to be a headshot gun but on consoles/controller headshots are not as viable as on M&KB.

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts

Don't care, it's in content that less than 5% of the player base has done.

But I do agree that ALL EXOTICS need BUFFS.

If my best option is a TABLE CRAFTED weapon/Summit/Light Zone Dropped item.....Why is it called EXOTIC???

It gives me NOTHING extra and either gets tossed into the stash, or busted for diamonds....

Exotics are a massive joke w/ my friends and I.....

We use NONE of them....

There are to many BETTER options...

• Aced_100
    176 posts

@noxious81 "(Simply put: take all the aforementioned items away from an agent and then see if he can still pull off a legendary mission...)"

I can't do legendary missions solo, I can breeze through the DUA solo on heroic with directives for example without breaking stride, but can't make it past the first part on legendary. The top players that can I call Cylon's, super humans that have robotic like skills. It seems when people complained about heroic being too easy the devs said you want harder we'll give you harder. Now these Cylon's can do them solo, and good luck to them, they need to make a level above that for these guys now and make legendary a bit weaker IMO.

Exotics are the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, take the Pestilence, the good is that it damages enemies and their cohorts with that buff, the bad it takes forever to reload. The Nemesis has damage out of this world but takes forever to get off a few shots. The Backfire will do tons of damage but you nearly bleed to death afterwards what's the good in that?

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@txdieselkid Ravi is 50% stronger than the M1A Classic before you factor in it's talent 👩‍🏫

Exotics aren't supposed to be BIS, they are supposed to be Best In Niche.. it's part of their whole build diversity schtick [same as why Gear Sets aren't OP this go round]

And as a KB&M player with a high HS% who Runs & Guns more than sits in cover [while not liking the Crusader Shield unless it's an emergency].. that's why I like EB 😀

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    (...) I can't do legendary missions solo (...)

Ok, soloing legendary content is yet another step. But in a group with drone/turret-skillbuilds, legendary missions become pretty easy manageable. And you really don't need to be a "top 1%" agent for it. When talking about playing solo... well... you may need to look a bit closer into your build, but eventually most solo runs will also be accomplished thanks to a drone/turret-build with the Capacitor or the Scorpio, and the Waveform or the Memento.

Suggested Topics