Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/23 Replies/218 Views
    A1R50FT-10
    Original poster 309 posts

Hi Ubisoft,

Can you please clarify what privileges are needed to send private messages to fellow forum users?

i cannot find this information anywhere

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LeGeektateur
    39 posts

Hi,

I hope to be on the right place to post my problem !

I am connect with my profile on the forum, and I can see that I have 1 unread MP.
    But when I click on it, a pop-up say that i don't have enough privileges for this action.

I try to open the mailbox, to see all the MP, here i have one other error message.

Internal Error
    Oops! Looks like went wrong!

/api/user/legeektateur/chats

You do not have enough privileges for this action 

I try to disconnect/reconnect, don't resolve it
    I try with my smartphone to access to the mp... don't work too

Thanks for the support

• deathtocakl
    565 posts

The same goes for sending messages. I hope it gets fixed soon.

• xlastovi
    107 posts

Internal Error.Oops! Looks like something went wrong!
    /api/user/******/chats
    You do not have enough privileges for this action.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

@xlastovi Hey there! Thanks for reaching out and detailing this error you're getting. Is this the first time you've received such an error on Ubisoft Connect? If not, do you recall when this first started occurring? Either way, would you try uninstalling and reinstalling the client if you haven't already?

Official Response
  • bielik01
    942 posts

@ubistorm this error is on the discussions, not Ubisoft Connect. Previously I was able to see Private Messages with other users, now I cannot and see the message just like the one @xlastovi posted.

• xlastovi
    107 posts

@bielik01 Thank you for confirmation and clarification.

• TheNorfolkian
    601 posts

@deathtocakl I’ve been experiencing this problem as well. And now the mail/message icon is no longer showing up next to the feed and notification icons at the top right of the forum like it usually is.

@Ubi-Woofer I am not seeing this problem in your master-list of reported forum issues. Are y’all already working on a fix?

• bielik01
    942 posts

@Ubi-Nacho what about this? Now it's even worse.

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@ubistorm
    same as everybody here
    Added a Screen capture showing also :
    Yellow = missing chat icon (it was available few days ago...)
    Orange = missing Fonts Colors icon (it was available few days ago...)

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@UbiStorm
    adding a screenshot from August the 18th : this is what we had =

• Yellow : a messages (chat) icon that is not there anymore
    • Orange : several tools that are not there anymore

• AlePlay
    521 posts

I do not understand why private messages have not worked for a long time ... it tells me that I do not have the relative permissions

another user, is trying to write to me and fails .. !

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/106476/private-messaging-permissions?lang=en-US&_=1630707594696

• A1R50FT-10

@caosck

Ubisoft, fix this [censored] issue!

Or at least tell us what privileges we need for [censored]'s sake

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@a1r50ft-10
    @caosck

if needed I've already posted some screenshots in this topic :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/104493/see-all-chats-is-bugged/?lang=en-US&
    🙂

• azullFR
    1305 posts

I am suspecting they had some security problems ....🤔

• AlePlay
    521 posts

@a1r50ft-10 it would make more sense to be kind to those asking for help / support! XD

• A1R50FT-10

@caosck

True but the reason for the rant is because I know ubi are ignoring me.

Imagine I've raised a couple of issues (including bugs) but I have yet to have a response.

For example, i submitted a bug report in April but i have had no update on it yet

• AlePlay
    521 posts

@a1r50ft-10 i understand..

• A1R50FT-10

@azullfr

Thank you! That thread you made is really useful

Suggested Topics