ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED PC/Keyboard holding certian keys broken since last patch, may also be related to weapon wheel?

0 Likes/5 Replies/40 Views
    krispdotcom
    Original poster 3 posts

I am playing on PC and have put a decent amount of time into the game. Since the latest patch the game is practically unplayable due to this bug that seems to affect holding down keys like W, E, Q or Tab. It only seems to affect foot and ground vehicles. Here is a video of Dani walking in one of the camps. I'm holding W the entire time. When in first person mode, holding W will walk forward a little bit then the crosshair will narrow and expand rapidly and ill eventually come to a stop until i let go and press it again. Holding shift to run works fine. Anything that toggles works fine. Weapon wheel does not work if set to hold, it will flash on and off and on and off repeatedly if holding Q. Same thing for holding tab to open the map. Lastly, the most apparent game-breaking issue other than the fact that walking and driving is completely bugged now is that I can't collect air drops anymore because holding E results in the bar making it only to about 2% before repeating. Tried verifying files and reinstalling the game, and all the things that supposedly help weapon wheel.

Here's a video of stuttered walking while holding W

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• krispdotcom
    Original poster 3 posts

Played a few minutes this evening with a few other observations. First off, its all the keys including shift, ctrl, etc. But, if I press two keys together it seems to figure it out. This behavior was just introduced in the latest patch.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey there @krispdotcom . Thank you so much for reaching out about this issue with holding down certain keys, and for providing that video as well! Are you using a wired keyboard, or a wireless one? If you also happen to have any compatible controllers, do you notice if the behavior continues when using that instead of keyboard and mouse? I also recommend verifying your game files to see if this corrects that behavior, since this searches for and repairs any corrupted files related to the game.

Official Response
  • krispdotcom
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubistorm hello -- nope, just a standard wired keyboard. No issues in other games and it just showed up recently (had about 20 hours trouble-free up to this point.) Tried verify and a full reinstall with same behavior. Persists through reboots, game reloads, etc.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there @krispdotcom!

I apologise for the delayed response. Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps suggested by @UbiStorm, and for letting us know more about your keyboard.

Just to confirm, are you using default or custom controls? If you're using custom controls, it would be helpful to know how you've configured your keyboard controls, as this could be useful for the development team for investigating this issue further. Would you be able to share some images or a video that shows your control configuration?

Can you also please clarify which behaviours have been affected by this issue? In your original report, I understand that you're encountering the following:

• Stuttered walking when entering a camp, holding the W key.
    • When set to "hold," the weapon wheel will flash repeatedly when holding the Q key.
    • When set to "hold," the map will flash repeatedly when holding the Tab key.
    • Unable to collect drops when interacting with the E key, as bar will keep resetting.

If any additional commands are affected by this issue, please let us know what these are so we can investigate these further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics