ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• relede
    Original poster 1 posts

I love warlord and I've played him quite a bit. And he's super out dated compared to any other hero. He can't even move with his all guard up and it's even slower to use, not to mention the stamina problems it causes. I feel he just some small tweaks like change his all guard's heavy to unblockable to give it more value. Just feels sad when the only real combo he has is his forward dash heavy headbutt light, to zone; which takes all his stamina.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@relede he mostly needs a dodge attack/bash. Him, cent, and highlander suffer greatly from the lack of these.

His full block actually does its job pretty well.

Some people want him to have an unblockable finisher. I personally shrug at the idea.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@deathtocakl
    Yes... Side dodge attacks are like the Meta now...

• Knight_Raime
    544 posts

Him and LB are in pretty similar positions imo. Needing one or two big additions to the kit but otherwise has a pretty solid thing going for them. Warlord needs a dodge attack, preferrably a dodge heavy.
    I would also like to give him the same flow BP has with full block. Meaning he can fast flow into it. However to balance that addition he'd have to have a nerf to some of the recovery values of full block. As of right now he can block, attack, and dodge instantly after leaving fbs. Obviously his slower enter time of 600ms would be adjusted downward to actually flow into it.

Beyond those two things I would like to see something done with his chains. We can't just slap a chain bash in there without making one of his finishers undodgable. It's not that his current chains are bad per se, they just don't really do anything. But idk what do do with his chains. Maybe some kind of soft feint since we've stepped away from those in offense lately. We could instead opt to make his chain based play better by making several of his current other moves chain starters. This would be everything from FBS for sure. And his zone. Maybe the light after his headbutt, but for sure everything else I mentioned.

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@picoancus they are just an essential part of a characters kit is all. Generally not op.

Any character without a dodge attack is nearly an auto loss against bp, conq, and shugo

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@deathtocakl
    Agreed

• Brandarsson
    189 posts

I find Warlord to be one of the best designed heroes. He's simple, easy to use and effective.

The only thing that he is lacking is a dodge attack. I'd suggest something that uses heavy attack input, but is between a light and heavy in terms of speed and damage.

Other than that, don't mess with something that already works really well.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1696 posts

@brandarsson
    I was a Warlord main my first years of For Honor. And i had a blast with him. He is simple, effective, and an heavy with the HP increases. But he is beeing nerfed and nerfed along Seasons.
    And his gameplay simplicity becomes lame when you play him much time as i did...until his Rep 55.

If they give him an UB (Because he is a Revenge feeder) or Side dash...i will return my former main. The side dash could be that shield counter he have. It was awesome if they give him that... 😄

• Brandarsson
    189 posts

@picoancus I had a similar thought about giving him a side-dodge attack from full-block stance. I think that would be a cool way to go about it.

Seem like it might be tricky to input, though.

I'd be happy with something simple like side-dodge into heavy, 600ms and 16 damage. If you wanted a little flair, it could be a "slap" with the flat of the sword and give a little stun. Damage might have to be reduced, in that case. (14?)

• Csodaszarvas_G
    336 posts

My suggestions would be:

New chain starters: the following moves should be chain starters leading to light and heavy finishers

• Zone attack
    • The special stab follow-up after a headbutt, blocking an attack in full-block, Shield Counter (parry follow-up)
    • Board and Blade (full-block heavy attack)

Top unblockable: his top heavy finisher should be unblockable, but it should also lose HA

Damage tweaks: lower his damage a bit as compensation

• Heavy finisher damage (from all sides) is reduced to 28 (from 29)
    • special stab follow-up (doesn't matter how you access it) damage is reduced to 13 from 15

Stamina tweaks:

• The stamina cost of his zone attack should be reduced to 40 (from 60).

Dodge recovery cancels:

• He should be able to cancel the recovery of light and heavy finishers with a dodge 200 or 233ms into the recovery. This would allow him to maintain pressure on the enemy by doing a headbutt after a finisher.

Full-block recovery cancels:

• He should also be able to to cancel the recovery of light and heavy finishers by "fast-flowing" into full-block. This would create a good 50/50 with the headbutt from the dodge cancel, since Board and Blade (the full-block heavy) is a 600ms undodgeable heavy attack.
  • Brandarsson
    189 posts

@csodaszarvas_g

The thing that stands out the most to me here is the part about "Dodge recovery cancels". I strongly disagree. Warlord is not, and should not be, a dodge-based character.

What's more, those numbers are way out of line for any character (if applied to all attack recoveries). They're similar to what Orochi has currently (between 200-333ms), which is faster than Zhanhu (after 333ms), and are already problematic there.

As for the rest of this:
    New chain starters: Maybe, wouldn't bother me.
    Top unblockable: A half dozen, six the other.
    Damage tweaks: 1) Disagree, 2) Strongly disagree.
    Stamina tweaks: Strongly agree.
    Full-block recovery cancels: Agree (with fast flow part).

Warlord is very much a "stand and fight" type of hero, he doesn't need to be transformed into something dodge-oriented.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    336 posts

@brandarsson

I see.
    Well, if the majority of the community would also dislike dodge cancels on Warlord than it, by all means, certainly shouldn't be implemented into his kit. I made this suggestion because it would be a good solution IMO to allow him to maintain offensive pressure on the enemy even after a finisher, like some of the reworked heroes can. But you're right about the fact that Warlord is not a dodge-based hero, maybe dodge cancels are not the best idea to make his offense better. In that case just simply allow him to do a chain headbutt after finishers. That would still create a somewhat infinite chain (especially with the new chain options) and the 50/50 with Board and Blade would still be possible.

The top unblockable is needed IMO, even if a lot of heroes have similar mechanics. Warlord doesn't have a tool to open enemies up, besides the headbutt and because of this his chain pressure is not the best. With the new chain options he could access this top unblockable quite easily (don't forget that his heavy finishers are 700ms) that is why I think the damage should be reduced by 1.
    The same goes to the headbutt. If we remain in the context of my suggestions than the headbutt can be accessed more often and it doesn't follow the "300ms-500ms" rule like the most recent bashes, it can be initiated sooner into the dodge. Plus, the follow-up stab would be a chain starter according to my ideas, so I think that a 13 damage stab is quite reasonable.

But, I'm not saying that my suggestions are the best or anything like that. These are just my thoughts on Warlord, nothing else. I'm opened to other ideas as well.

• Brandarsson
    189 posts

@csodaszarvas_g As far as the chain starters go, I don't see how they can do anything but improve the moveset. All Warlord chains are only two moves long, so if these become openers, it just means that they can be followed with a finisher. That seems very reasonable to me.

Top being unblockable or uninterruptable is just trading one characteristic for another. Either way works for me.

Any which way you cut it, damage doesn't need to be reduced; it's already in-line with other heroes, hardly overtuned.

• geberelo
    154 posts
    @relede he mostly needs a dodge attack/bash. Him, cent, and highlander suffer greatly from the lack of these.

His full block actually does its job pretty well.

Some people want him to have an unblockable finisher. I personally shrug at the idea.

his full block sucks, waste of energy. ur stam gets lower when u press c and ur stam gets lower if the enemy hits and ur stam gets lower if you counter attack. half of ur stamina is gone.

• HeroOfBretagard
    57 posts

@relede His heavy from full guard would be a decent fit for an unblockable. However they would need to slow it down a tad cause it is really quick.

• Tio_Croc
    34 posts

I would just remove the HA from the openers and make the finishers unblocksbles

• deathtocakl
    1489 posts

@tio_croc sounds pretty terrible my guy. A big point of warlord is his hyper armor. If you want the change you just mentioned, play zanhu.

• undondory
    875 posts

@deathtocakl in which case you'll be begging for hyper armor on the heavies XD

Suggested Topics