ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thegardener25
    Original poster 177 posts

So, according to the announcement yesterday, that title update 1.4.0 would drop today at 12pm GMT, & for ps4, it should be 4.55GB. I started downloading at 12.20pm & it says " Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Version 5.00, & the file size says 19.000GB. Why so big?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2236 posts

@thegardener25
    Same for me, PS4 pro

Previous patch size (1.3.2) was twice the size announced, this one.... only x5 !!!
    So at the moment I am missing the daily Reda quest that I was supposed to have the time to finish after downloading the update...

Thanks Ubi ....

Announced Patch Size :

Real size:

Question : can we make an anecdotic /5 on the price we pay ?

• GamesGuruJr108
    3 posts

I'll do you one better: I currently have 69GB+ free space on my PS4 and yet version 5.0 for title update 1.4.0 cannot download "because there is not enough free space."

So does this mean the file size is increasing in size exponentially since release, so players will be unable to download unless their entire system is dedicated to the Creed?!

I've already messaged Ubisoft and the Assassin's Creed UK team about the issue, since Ubisoft's support function doesn't appear to be working anymore due to COVID.

• okurgezer_rz
    1 posts

@thegardener25 , it's 20 GB for PC. and the trouble is, once you start downloading, it changes some essential files and you cant play the game until the patch is downloaded and installed completely. Game is already 128 GB in total! And of course I don't have enough space in my hard drive even after I deleted some of my games. After this one, I'm never buying anything from Ubisoft again.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1244 posts

Hey there.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the size of this update. I'll pass your feedback on to the team regarding this.

Official Response

Suggested Topics