ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bccarr7
    Original poster 11 posts

I've been playing the game since its release without this issue, but today any enemies I tagged were thereafter outlined in red despite the settings for enemy outlines turned to off (and in every additional option area where the toggle is availed). I went back and loaded up an earlier game file and the enemies in that were also outlined in red when they never had before. Turning the game and the console on and off didn't remedy the issue. Since I can't play the game with those immersion-killing outlines on, do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? And if I do, how do I know this issue won't inexplicably pop up again? Thanks in advance for any help!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

As we have had no reports of being unable to disable enemy tagging settings following the release of Title Update 5, we will now be "Resolving" and locking this thread.

If you are still encountering trouble with disabling your enemy tagging settings, please don't hesitate to create a new thread so the team can investigate this further. When creating a new thread, please include a video which shows that you are unable to toggle this setting in-game.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within your newly created thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2246 posts

Thanks for reaching out about this unusual issue of the red outline feature being on despite that you've got it switched off, @bccarr7 - I'm sorry to hear about this, but I'll be happy to advise you.

We've not had any other reports of this issue, so I'd like to invite you to check our troubleshooting guide. You'd mentioned restarting the console, which is great, but please make sure you've done a full power cycle. Please also disconnect and reconnect your console from your home network, and check that the system and all its software is fully updated.

If the problem persists after those steps, can you let me know? In that case, it'd be very useful to have some screenshots - one showing the appropriate setting switched off, and another showing the red-outlined enemies. With these, I can report the issue more efficiently to our teams to investigate further internally.

Please let me know if you've any questions about this at all.

Official Response
  • Akira1364
    159 posts

@ubi-thrupney This seems to be occurring for people on multiple platforms, after Title Update 2:
    https://reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/qlf04i/far_cry_6_title_update_2_patch_notes/

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@akira1364 Hey! Thank you for the link, this is greatly appreciated.

Could you share some screenshots of this issue? One with the settings turned off and one showing the issue.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Akira1364
    159 posts

@ubi-viral I'm on PC where the patch has not rolled out yet, myself. Was just providing the link as I'd noticed multiple people in there talking about it.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@akira1364 OK no problem, thank you for letting us know.

Official Response
  • Law-II
    150 posts

How to disable the wall hack feature introduced in Title Update 2 Deployment Nov 3rd 2021

As the title, how can this be done, the game was already to easy without this been added
    https://mega.nz/file/X7RkybSL#efxrkdzVIHBb1UqZysLUXCX3a-B88LuHhV1STeBVJbY: (https://mega.nz/file/X7RkybSL#efxrkdzVIHBb1UqZysLUXCX3a-B88LuHhV1STeBVJbY)

Note: This video will only be available for a limited time

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    OS build 19043.1288
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Game files Verified as fine / ok and Ubisoft Connect run as admin

edited to update video to show settings and image of red outline.....

• Figmentum_HD
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney I’m experiencing the exact same thing, when enemies are tagged they now glow red when behind cover, even with enemy outlines and pretty much all of the HUD off. This didn’t happen at launch, and knowing you could disable it is why I bought the game, and so I’ve had to put it on the back burner until it’s fixed.

ive restarted the game, switched off the console, tried different outfits, toggled the settings on and off etc.

thx

• Figmentum_HD
    4 posts

@law-ii it seems to be a bug introduced in the latest update, myself and many others can’t turn off the wall hacks, rendering the game pretty much unplayable for us

• Law-II
    150 posts

PC patch just rolled out and I can confirm this is a big ISSUE that needs a hot fix sooner rather than later; disappointed this was slipped in to the patch; game was already to easy without this wall hack feature.

MP4 video to show issue
    https://mega.nz/file/X7RkybSL#efxrkdzVIHBb1UqZysLUXCX3a-B88LuHhV1STeBVJbY: (https://mega.nz/file/X7RkybSL#efxrkdzVIHBb1UqZysLUXCX3a-B88LuHhV1STeBVJbY)

Law-II

• Law-II
    150 posts

@figmentum_hd thanks for the info
    Oh boy; they, they enough said..... Hope the developers roll out a hot fix for this sooner rather than later

Note: After further testing this appears to be connected to weapon tagging; point a weapon at an NPC or Animal NPC and they are highlighted though all objects, walls and terrain, please pass this back to the development team as soon as possible; I have had to stop playing the game and cannot continue to test this build of the game...

Update: Nov 4th 1:38 am [with that said, got to get some sleep now]
    Verifying files did not seem to resolve the issue so; proceeded to following steps...
    Uninstalled Far Cry 6
    Deleted Shader Cache Pipelines.bin
    Error Checked the SSD
    Trimmed the SSD
    Reinstalled DirectX provided by Ubisoft
    Reinstalled Far Cry 6 and used the save file from the [Ubisoft Connect Cloud]

none of the above resolved the issue

• rickidoo2010
    127 posts

I run with a clean screen, everything shut off except certain messages. Today my version went to 6.1.2.0 and suddenly enemies outline when they are injured. So I can see them now through solid objects. I'd rather they not be seen. Again, this is only after an enemy is injured. I've gone through all the preferences and outlines are off (and even if they were on, it is set to a different color than red).

Help. As a revolutionary in Yara, I don't have access to xray vision glasses.

Again - just to emphasize... with version 6.1.1.0 it worked perfectly, with 6.1.2.0 it does this. Hope it can be fixed, its an immersion killer for me.

• Law-II
    150 posts

Just to say it's effecting other players; after Title Update 2 Deployment Nov 3rd 2021 my game dose this when aiming a weapon at the NPC or animals; I can now see them through objects, walls and terrain if out at night the NPC's glow red as well.. had to stop playing, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, tried all the settings off and cannot get rid of this weapon tagging wallhack.. Hope it's just a bug and will be patched out soon

• bccarr7
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Thank you for your response. I have tried all methods, including uninstalling and reinstalling the game (although my save data was still present). I took screenshots but this portal wouldn't allow them through due to size. Nevertheless the problem is as clear-cut as can be: all enemy outlines switched to off, yet enemies all have red outlines. This is an absolutely GAME-KILLING issue. I would never had bought this if I couldn't turn off the enemy outlines. Please advance to whomever appropriate how perfectly intolerable this is. I just forked over that $60 a few weeks ago.

Since returning to these forums and checking my game, I now understand that it was the patch that corrupted my game, as the issue coincided with its installation. I've never had a "patch" actually compel me to stop playing a game. Every day that passes without this being remedied will actually make me check future potential game purchases to make sure they're not from Ubisoft.

Thanks again for your own attention ubi-thrupney,

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hello @rickidoo2010 , @Law-II ! Thanks for reaching out about this new outline after the update! Just to confirm a few more things, would you confirm for me the supremo you had equipped when you two first began to notice this? Would you also provide me with screenshots showing your settings for outlines?

Official Response
  • redjoekido
    22 posts

I have no problem with this, never saw this a problem.

• RoekanAvallach
    2 posts

@figmentum_hd I am experiencing this exact same bug since the update. I prefer most hud items off.Tagging enemies and seeing them through walls is one of the first things I shut off in a Far Cry game - great that it is an option but right now it isn't optional.

• Law-II
    150 posts

@ubistorm
    here you go; this is a fresh install of the game; I have tried everything to get rid of this wall hack, please see below
    https://mega.nz/file/jiwVzSDY#DTyXUNjEG-j-Nop8rP6Ieo1ji5_IMBcwyvJw2LeqxMU: (https://mega.nz/file/jiwVzSDY#DTyXUNjEG-j-Nop8rP6Ieo1ji5_IMBcwyvJw2LeqxMU)

This clip shows what effect it has on objects, walls and terrain
    https://mega.nz/file/OmpERaxJ#gefgEd3fdTJKjfmG4YtCNb_6_TplZHNU-NwR_ryDPos: (https://mega.nz/file/OmpERaxJ#gefgEd3fdTJKjfmG4YtCNb_6_TplZHNU-NwR_ryDPos)

Tested with New Game Save [just in case it was corruption or influenced by the old save file]
    https://mega.nz/file/HrxhDSwS#g1XvcGemPIcG6ZRQbg2IAo4o5m4fPQeQf978xHMqivA: (https://mega.nz/file/HrxhDSwS#g1XvcGemPIcG6ZRQbg2IAo4o5m4fPQeQf978xHMqivA)

details as required
    Supremo
    Settings [showing NPC outlines set to Off]
    In-Game footage of the issue

Note: selecting NPC targets while aiming triggers this; was not like this before  Title Update 2 Deployment Nov 3rd 2021

Note: These videos will only be available for a limited time

so; proceeded to following steps...
    Uninstalled Far Cry 6
    Deleted Shader Cache Pipelines.bin
    Error Checked the SSD
    Trimmed the SSD
    Reinstalled DirectX provided by Ubisoft
    Reinstalled Far Cry 6 and used the save file from early in the game

none of the above resolved the issue

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    OS build 19043.1288
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Note: Game files Verified as fine / ok and Ubisoft Connect run as admin

If you require screen shots or other information do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards

Law-II

• Law-II
    150 posts

Update:
    Found the issue upon a fresh install of the game it created a line of text in the gamerprofile.xml TaggingEnabled="1" 
    Note: This option dose not show in the in-game menu and as such appear to be permanently on

This is still a bug and requires investigation by the development team

As a workaround for PC Platform [not sure this will work for other platforms]
    the community can edit the gamerprofile.xml file in Microsoft-Notepad and change TaggingEnabled="0" save and exit

• Law-II
    150 posts

Update:
    Found the issue upon a fresh install of the game it created a line of text in the gamerprofile.xml TaggingEnabled="1" 
    Note: This option dose not show in the in-game menu and as such appears to be permanently on

Note: this is still a bug and requires investigation by the development team

As a workaround for PC Platform [not sure this will work for other platforms]
    the community can edit the gamerprofile.xml file in Microsoft-Notepad and change TaggingEnabled="0" save and exit

Suggested Topics