ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Law-II
    148 posts

Update:
    Found the issue upon a fresh install of the game it created a line of text in the gamerprofile.xml TaggingEnabled="1" 
    Note: This option dose not show in the in-game menu and as such appears to be permanently on

Note: this is still a bug and requires investigation by the development team

As a workaround for PC Platform [not sure this will work for other platforms]
    the community can edit the gamerprofile.xml file in Microsoft-Notepad and change TaggingEnabled="0" save and exit

• rickidoo2010
    127 posts

@law-ii THANK YOU! IT WORKED! I don't know how permanent it will be, but for now it's an excellent work around. Here's some shorthand on law's fix for those who want to employ it:

(1) On a PC, go to:
    C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 6

(2) Edit gamerprofile.xml.

(3) change TaggingEnabled="1" to TaggingEnabled="0"

(4) resave

(5) play the game.

• rickidoo2010
    127 posts

@ubistorm I am using the rocket launcher Supremo... not sure what its proper name is but its the default one.

Read @Law-II 's comment above he was spot on (taggingenabled was set to ON even though in prefs it isn't) and at least for now it's a great work around and does the job.

My preferences, taken before I did @Law-II 's fix are as follows:

• Figmentum_HD
    4 posts

Experiencing this same game-ruining bug on my PS5, and so can’t use the work around. Would love a hot fix ASAP as the game is currently unplayable for me with glowing red hologram enemies running all over the screen. Thx

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2224 posts

Hey @rickidoo2010 , @Law-II , and @Figmentum_HD - thanks so much for reaching out about this issue. I understand that targets are being tagged since the update due to this setting, and there is no in-game option to switch it off. I can certainly understand that this is an issue, so I've gone ahead and reported it to our devs to look into.

In the meantime, for PC players, @Law-II has discovered a workaround which @rickidoo2010 has written into some easy to follow steps for us:

(1) On a PC, go to: C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 6
    (2) Edit gamerprofile.xml.
    (3) change TaggingEnabled="1" to TaggingEnabled="0"
    (4) resave
    (5) play the game.

My apologies that you won't be able to use the workaround, @Figmentum_HD - but our teams will certainly be investigating this!

Sorry for the inconvenience while we look into this, folks. Let me know if there's any questions at all.

Official Response
  • rickidoo2010
    127 posts

@ubi-thrupney Thanks for posting. As a related but unrelated aside, I noticed in this new version that when I use the binocs it auto-tags things even through I don't want it. The fix above works everywhere else so far, but not when using the binocs. It's not as egregious as the "tag when enemy injured" situation as I can choose not to use the binocs. But if the team could make it like it used to be... where I can choose to shut it off, that would be great.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2224 posts

Thanks for that further info, @rickidoo2010 - I'll pass that along. Just to be clear, with tagging switched on, you can tag enemies by looking at them down the gun's sights for a short while, rather than by injuring them. Tagging through the phone's zoom is the primary way to tag enemies ordinarily, but of course I understand that you'd rather the whole lot was switched off, and this is what our teams are looking into now.

Thanks once again for all the help with these reports!

Official Response
  • jonelo61
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney PC Version ( Ubisoft + ) also with this bug

• Law-II
    148 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Settings \HUD \Elements \Icon
    NPC's can be tagged when aiming down the sights: the setting is called Enemy Tag Icons on/off (NPC's would be tagged with or without an over head icon and would show up on the Radar)
    Note: Just to clarify: to your response; there is no toggle on / off setting available in Settings \HUD \Elements \Icon menu for the bug being reported

Bug Report
    However: what we are seeing is [weapon tagging / wall hack] that should only work with resolver weapon choices, as I understand these are unlocked later in the game and allow the *protagonist to shoot through walls. [*if your in to that sort of thing, I am sure it's a great feature]
    Bug Report Detail
    Side Note: TaggingEnabled="1" is being written to the gamerprofile.xml; Title Update 2 Deployment Nov 3rd 2021 introduced changes to the Far Cry 6.exe that updated the gamerprofile.xml in this case it wrote a new line as above which switches on [tagging / wall hack] Note: there are no options to turn this on /off within the settings menu

Phone Camera Tagging
    I can also confirm that Tagging though the phone is also a bug, using [tagging / wall hack] the phone was using Enemy Tagging-Icon prior to the Title Update 2 Deployment Nov 3rd 2021 and was effected by the Settings \HUD \Elements \Icon : Enemy Tag Icons on/off (NPC's would be tagged with or without an over head icon and would show up on the Radar)

Injured NPC's
    I can confirm that NPC do not get tagged when injured; this is just how it may appear in the heat of battle

"rather the whole lot was switched off" I would for sure not much of a game with it enabled, just glad I could find a workaround so I can carry on bug testing 😉

Please let me know if you have any further questions or require details

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@law-ii Thank you for your reply and for your in-depth investigation and troubleshooting into this issue.

I have reported this to the game team, inlcluded the image posted above and your findings.

I have also reported the phone not tagging.

Thank you so much for your help on this and when there is more information to share we will reach out.

Official Response
  • jonelo61
    3 posts

@law-ii You also have to set EyeTrackingEnemyTaggingEnabled to 0

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

Hey everyone! Thank you all for your replies.

I have reported this issue to the game team and once there is an update we will reach back out. I have also merged this thread with another of the same issue.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • tinezgaming
    2 posts

@ubi-thrupney

This workaround doesn't work for me despite editing the .xml file - even trying to set it to read only as well.

Set TaggingEnabled="0", EyeTrackingEnemyTaggingEnabled="0" and EnemyOutlineEnabled="0".

Confirmed HUD options are all set to the OFF preset as well and accessibility to OFF too.

Severely impairing my ability to enjoy the game and might have to put it down until a hot fix comes out.

• Voland-
    18 posts

Btw its not only enemies "xray outline", but also amigos. Last patch definetly broke this option. Im on PS5

• bccarr7
    Original poster 11 posts

My earlier posting on this concluded with the tech support person saying that the thread was consolidated with another of the same topic, but I don't know where that is. What solutions were offered in that thread were for changing the PC registry but I'm playing on an XBox Series X. These red enemy outlines are a non-starter; they kill the game and I wouldn't have downloaded it for free if I had known I wouldn't be able to turn them off. I'm still baffled by this. I've never had a patch actually end a game on me. Especially one so recently purchased at full f'n price. (Does anyone know how to do a full uninstall on a game? I deleted and reinstalled FC6 after this patch issue, but my personal game data must have been on the cloud or something, and it picked up right where I left off. If I can properly reinstall truly from scratch, perhaps the issue will self-resolve.)

• bccarr7
    Original poster 11 posts

I reverted to defaults for every option and sub-option category, then deleted all of the game save files and made sure none were available on the cloud, then closed the game and uninstalled it and all its listed components. When I reinstalled and launched the game, I figured that my red enemy outline bug would (at least for a while) be gone because I've started fresh and I'm playing on a standardized console (XBox Series X) rather than a personal computer. Nevertheless, the game-killing red outlines returned to the enemies despite the options remaining off to do so.

Question for anyone: Am I missing a step in expunging my console of the game so that a reinstall will be pure? (Short of, obviously, deleting a record that I bought it.)

Question for Ubisoft: If you bought a lawn mower from a Lowe's Hardware store, and it was working for you fine - and a few weeks later a rep from Lowe's came and fiddled with that lawn mower while telling you he's improving it, and after he leaves the lawn mower resultantly stops working, how patient would you be with Lowe's general assurances that they're working with their technicians to figure how they broke your lawn mower? In all my years of gaming I've had plenty of patches fail to fix what's broken but I've never had a patch break what wasn't to the point of essentially voiding my purchase. Even if Ubisoft's technicians are doing everything they can, we customers had better get some more GD information in the meantime.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2082 posts

Hey there @bccarr7, I'm sorry to hear this and I completely understand. I want to assure you that the development team is aware of this issue and they're currently hard at work investigating the problem. Further updates regarding this will be posted over on our News and Announcements section. Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Official Response
  • KingFortinbras
    4 posts

@bccarr7 I have this problem on Series X as well since the patch. This needs to be fixed asap, it completely kills the game for players who want a more immersive experience.

• bccarr7
    Original poster 11 posts

Tried reinstalling but despite relevant settings set to off, enemies still glow red behind walls. First time a patch has ever forced me to stop playing a game. Every day that passes that this isn't fixed (let alone customers going without proper updates on a patch ETA, or without an optional patch to revert to the original game while the new patch is being written) is a further indictment of Ubisoft's concern for its customers.

• closedmouth
    49 posts

This is another posters image, but the outline that appears after you've spotted an enemy has turned on. I also believe that the auto aim settings are turning on by itself as well. I put in a support request, it's been like this since the last patch that removed the Danny Trejo mission. No follow up. I just want the game to go back to normal so I can resume playing it again please. From what I understand this glitch has happened on all platforms.

Suggested Topics