ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1191 posts

I’m playing the game on my XBox Series X and the system does not show any new achievements being available to acquire, despite that the release notes for TU 1.4.0 literally saying there would be two new achievements/trophies for the Tombs of the Fallen. Am I missing something here? Will they show up if I actually complete the tasks needed to get the achievements?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Did you get a trophy when you finished the first tomb?

• bielik01
    1718 posts

@thenorfolkian yeah, no problems here. Actually the trophies were up a week ago. So maybe something didn't roll out properly for Xbox.

• RydeenYMO2009
    1 posts

Same problem here, might be overnight update. Not playing until they appear.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1447 posts

I updated earlier and did the one in Ravensthorpe. Xbox One X. I did not get an achievement. Xbox online hasn't changed, still 70 achievements for 1510 Gamerscore.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Sounds like it's a good time to be on PlayStation.

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 Exactly. That's why I wanted to post a topic about it. I am seeing the same thing as you, and I noticed that the same issue appears on xboxachievements.com, where nothing new has been added.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1447 posts

@thenorfolkian

Yes - have you got the video prepared for when you get asked to show that there's no achievement?! I haven't!

• cunningham1191
    8 posts

In the exact same position, none of the achievements are on xbox and when you complete a tomb, nothing pops up.

The one in Ravensthorpe isn't a tomb as such. Without saying too much, it seems to be more like The Sanctuary in AC2, where you complete the tombs and unlock something cool there. However, I've only done Ravensthorpe and one other tomb so I can't say for sure.

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 Hehe... Since we’ve established that it’s a system-wide issue, I don’t think we’ll have any problems proving the matter. Any dev playing the game on XBox will see that the achievements are not there to be earned.

Also, given that there have been other posts about backlog achievements/trophies not being retroactively awarded, I am gonna play it safe and wait for the achievements to appear before completing the tombs.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1447 posts

@thenorfolkian

Me too, I'm leaving those alone just in case and . . . actually I'll keep an older save in case the Ravensthorpe one turns out to be important.

Regarding the proof you mention, there have unfortunately been several cases where proof's been requested even though it's plainly obvious that there's an issue just by opening the game.

Anyway, this is an issue for Microsoft so the chances of it being ignored are low as it's a reasonably recent game.

• cunningham1191
    8 posts

@spirantcrayon22 yeah, I've kept a older game save from just before entering the Ravensthorpe one.

Done them all and nothing has popped up at all. Not sure if this is something else that's broken or there's more to this then meets the eye but it's a pretty lacklustre ending to this.

• TRITONK-175
    36 posts

Same here, no new achievements added.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1447 posts

Hello? Ubianyone there?

• TheNorfolkian
  • HIDDEN1NE
    149 posts

Okay so while this isn’t letting me post a picture of it right now, I can confirm on the xbox app I’m now looking at both tomb achievements spelunker and cryptologist, making a total of 72 achievements on the xbox for me. I’m pretty sure I checked this yesterday and only saw 70 and up to the paris achievements, but again for me as of today at least, both achievements are unlockable for me. Maybe see if it’s changed for any of you now?

*Edit: After posting this I just checked on my Xbox itself for the achievements, and at first only saw 70 achievements with no tomb ones, but then I hit refresh on the dashboard (press guide, select then refresh) and boom 72 with the tomb related ones. So maybe it wasn’t up yesterday but is now today, and you just gotta refresh your xbox (not restart it).

Hopefully this can help everyone 🙏

• SpirantCrayon22
    1447 posts

@hidden1ne

Yes indeed, they're showing up now.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey there everyone. I do apologize for the delay in getting back to you guys about this issue with the new achievements! @HIDDEN1NE and @SpirantCrayon22 , I'm glad to hear that they're now showing up for you guys! I also appreciate you sharing the steps you took to get them to appear, @HIDDEN1NE . If anyone else seems to still be missing those achievements, however, please do let me know! A screenshot of your current achievement list would also be appreciated.

Official Response
  • dbloodymoon
    31 posts

@ubistorm I did all three tombs and I haven't played since, will the achievements pop up when I load up the game?

• dbloodymoon
    31 posts

@UbiStorm just entered the game... No, no achievements for me

Here's the list of my locked achievements, including the two related to the Tombs

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aln4_4qeeA4og41hkqhDjbgXTx-xAQ: (https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aln4_4qeeA4og41hkqhDjbgXTx-xAQ)

Suggested Topics