ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rhino-robi
    1 posts

@ubistorm

i am running latest patch as of this morning, 1.4.1.2.
    it states there is a fix for MAJESTY IN THE DARK: Return to Toka in Melun.
    I am stuck in the games progress at this stage.
    upon returning to Melun and finding Toka in the Longhouse at the Yarls Desk, there is no interaction icon nor a triggered cutscene.
    date is 16 January 2022.
    please help with a fix!

• Moneymukz
    1 posts

This is an absolute joke. 2 months and no fix? What kind of game company are you? I've been checking this thread for updates and all Ive seen is ubisoft requesting images and videos.

If it was in the patch log, what do you need evidence for? Just stalling time!

Very unhappy with the service, do not release dlc if you can't fix patches in a timely manner!

I'd suggest refunds for everyone or some sort of compensation as this is really unacceptable.

• Diorm
    3 posts

I patched my game too and the bug is still there;

In my last save, I pushed Toka out of the house wondering if it would trigger her going back in and make the cinematic start. Nope. So I saved and waited for a patch.
    Install the patch, load save. I'm still outside with her next to me. So I teleported back to England and back to France. She didnt even teleported back inside the house. She was right where I left her! She's just a motionless npc.

I've been waiting for 4 months now.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences regarding "Majesty in the Dark" with us within this thread, as well as your feedback about the ongoing investigation. I'm sorry to hear that this issue has impacted on your gaming experience, and is preventing you from progressing further in "Siege of Paris."

The development team are still investigating this quest further, and we don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the ongoing investigation. Once we have any new details to share, including any news of a resolution, then these will be posted within this thread as soon as possible. Additionally, any future updates will also be published within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

@Daarxis - Rest assured that the development team are still actively investigating this issue further. You can still find this thread listed on our "Reported Issues Megathread List." If you are referring to the "Known Issues" list, please note that this list is non-exhaustive, and that we are unable to include every active investigation on this list. I've shared feedback with the Community Team to see if we can have this quest added to the list in a future update.

@JackHussel - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I'd like to assure you that the development team are still looking into what could potentially be causing this issue to occur in-game. As soon as we have any updates to share regarding a resolution for "Majesty in the Dark," they will be posted within this thread. I do hope you would like to return to Assassin's Creed Valhalla once there is a resolution for this issue.

@guest-T2YGWhqp - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to interact with Toka to progress with this quest. The Player Support team are unable to speculate on how long the investigation into this quest may last, and when a resolution will be available. As soon as we have any updates to share with you all from the development team, they will be posted within the forums, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • jtsmoot86
    1 posts

Still no fix for majesty in the dark, still can't talk to toka please fix been waiting months!!!

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@jtsmoot86 Apologies for the delay, at the moment this issue is still being looked into. Rest assured once there is an update we will post it within this thread.

Thank you.

• myzticalrealm
    7 posts

@promachos_gr Has this been fixed yet?

• chelseajennings
    2 posts

I have tried to continue with “Majesty in the Dark” today, since coming across the bug in December and leaving it since then. There’s been a patch update, so I thought this would be fixed. It is not. The bug is 3 months old. What is going on Ubisoft????? This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Daarxis
    17 posts
    This is an absolute joke. 2 months and no fix? What kind of game company are you? I've been checking this thread for updates and all Ive seen is ubisoft requesting images and videos.

If it was in the patch log, what do you need evidence for? Just stalling time!

Very unhappy with the service, do not release dlc if you can't fix patches in a timely manner!

I'd suggest refunds for everyone or some sort of compensation as this is really unacceptable.

Why would they refund or give something when they could ask for more money in the next 40$ dlc

• Simomj23
    1 posts

4 months and no fixes. Ridicous...

• glover87r
    12 posts

Months hoping this would been fixed what is going on getting beyond a joke now

• brummie535
    2 posts

How is this even possible. 11gb update on ps5 just for some texture fix and ofcourse new gear. For the Ubisoft employee who might be reading this, I know you are not on the development side of things, but please tell the devs and the managers they are [censored] because this is unacceptable. Priorities are not with the customers.

• ArcusC
    2 posts
    @ubi-borealis sorry to hear there’s still no fix. You have lost me as a player. Fyi played al ac games except syndicate. And was a fan of the series since 07.

the sorry thing here is, back in the day when division was released (also a ubisoft product) i had the backpack glitch (if not familiar, you can look it up and that was a gamebreaking bug that cost multiple months to fix).

with February on its way with great releases like horizon and elden ring to name a few, i’m going to delete valhalla to install these games.

At this point i don’t even care for a solution anymore.

Not planning to come back to a ubisoft product at all! Not only lost me as ac player but as a consumer as well.

Have good one.

My old boss used to say "if one customer is shouting, another ten are murmuring". This was before social media became a thing, so I'm guessing that nowadays for every customer contacting you to complain, another 1000 are thinking the same thing without telling you.

Although Ubisoft staff are actively reading and responding to these threads, which is more than can be said about many other publishers, there's going to be a limit as to how long they can retain their customers.

Looking at my games library I'm pretty sure I can be deemed a Ubisoft fan, but the many issues with their games makes me less and less likely to buy their games at release (and I've learnt not to preorder them, that's for certain), and because I know they're rarely properly supported past the first year since release, that means Ubisoft will also lose out on my money for the season passes etc., and eventually I'll end up not buying the games at all. That's a shame, Ubisoft, as I'm in a position now where I can afford to pay for extra thrills and frills – one of your biggest cash-cows, I believe – but I'm tired of being duped.

Perhaps you'll draw in a crowd of younger players who don't know your track record that well, but with game-breaking bugs and the Ubisoft cookie-cutter open-world formula being attached to just about every game you release, it's going to be increasingly difficult to retain them too. I hope upper management will realise it would benefit them in the long run to keep a dedicated dev support team at hand for several years after release, but I doubt our shouting even reaches their ears at any point.

• DoctorPope519
    2 posts

No, its still broken. Crazy how we pay money for a DLC and then can't even play it.

• DoctorPope519
    2 posts

Hi,

I've tried deleting the DLC and reinstalling it, I've tried completing different quests, fast traveling elsewhere, but nothing is fixed. Are we ever going to get a fix? This has been broken for honestly way too long now.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with Toka in "Majesty in the Dark" with us within this thread.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation into this quest, including any news of an ETA for when a resolution may be available. Please note that the Player Support team are unable to speculate on when any ETAs may be available. Rest assured that we are checking in with the dedicated teams regularly about this issue, and will let you know within this thread once there are any updates to share. We will also be publishing any future updates within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please do keep an eye out for these.

@ArcusC - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the ongoing investigation into this quest. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is impacting on your gaming experience and is preventing you from progressing further with the story. Please rest assured that the dedicated teams are looking into this issue further. As soon as we have any new details to share, they will be posted within this thread.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • myzticalrealm
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Can you just trigger us into the next part of the storyline so we can proceed with playing rather than waiting around for something to be figured out? Most of us have been waiting months for a resolution and the constant "there is no update" is discouraging.

• xGaBBrYx
    11 posts

I do not get why Sony removed Cyberpunk from PS Store and they are not doing the same now for Season Pass and this specific DLC. A bit unfair. This is not a minor bug, it is part of the DLC main story, not a side quest, not a random event. Plus, it has been like this for months now.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @myzticalrealm & @xGaBBrYx,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue with "Majesty in the Dark" has prevented you from progressing further in the story of "The Siege of Paris." Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the ongoing investigation into this quest.

Please note that we are unable to manually progress quests or alter save files in any way, so this is not a workaround we could offer. I understand that the investigation into "Majesty in the Dark" has been ongoing for some time now, and I apologise for any impact this has had on your gaming experience.

Rest assured that the dedicated teams are looking into this issue further. The Player Support team are regularly checking in on the investigation for any updates we can share with you all, including any news of a resolution. Once any new details are available, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • AnimusLover
    313 posts

@xgabbryx I said the same thing not too long ago.
    Also, I just reinstalled to check if Ubisoft's claims that this was fixed were true. Nope. Bug is still there and no cutscene plays, even if you fast travel to England and back. They might have fixed it so that players who haven't already encountered the bug won't experience it but that's no help for the people who have.

Suggested Topics