ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @AnimusLover,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with "Majesty in the Dark." You mention that a cutscene isn't triggering for you. Just to confirm, are you referring to the cutscene that should trigger upon returning to Toka in Melun, or the cutscene that is triggered whilst in the tavern?

To my knowledge, a fix has only been deployed in TU 1.4.0 for the issue wherein the cutscene didn't trigger when in the tavern. The dedicated teams are still investigating what could potentially be preventing "Majesty in the Dark" from progressing once you return to Toka, which is why a fix has not yet been deployed for this specific issue. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused.

If you are encountering trouble with the cutscene at the tavern, then I recommend you share your report within our dedicated Megathread for this investigation and we can investigate this further.

Once we have any updates to share from the investigation into Toka in Melun, then we will post these within this thread. Additionally, any future updates for this quest will also be published via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • AnimusLover
    377 posts

@ubi-borealis The cutscene in Melun. It still doesn't trigger.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for clarifying that for me, @AnimusLover!

The development team are aware of this issue with "Majesty in the Dark" after returning to Toka in Melun, and are investigating further. As soon as we have any updates to share from the team, including any news of an ETA for a resolution, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Daarxis
    17 posts

Obviously your company doesn't care so I've cancelled my ragnarok order. And all my upcoming ubisoft stuff. I hope everyone else on this forum does the same. I'll play a game that actually gets support for its players.

• Nexster0
    13 posts

So it’s now been a whopping 3 months since my original post on this issue and since then all we have had is the shocking classic "As soon as we have any updates to share from the team, including any news of an ETA for a resolution, we will let you know within this thread."

Sorry Ubisoft that might of cut it for a month but 3 months on and still no idea of when we will get a fix assuming that we ever will is simply inexcusable for a such a large organisation.

For me its clear currently that there not focused on fixing any bugs there out to make as much money out of us as possible and so everyone is working on Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök.

I think I have been patient enough in waiting for a resolution to this problem so I can see 2 options currently.

1, You give me a full refund

2, You give me the upcoming Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök free of charge and I have to wait and hope that maybe someday you will actually fix this issue.

Now im sure a lot of people will read my post and then see my 2nd suggestion and call me a hypocrite and I can see where they might be coming from.

On the other hand, the reason I suggested it was because I enjoy the Assasins Creed franchise and own and have completed the majority of them.

According to the stats I have put 176 hours into this one so it does seem silly to just get a refund and walk away without finishing it after putting so much time and effort into it so far and I do genuinely want to finish and complete the game like I have done with all the others I have played.

So, Ubisoft over to you. The balls in your court now what’s it going to be option 1 or option 2?

• bobnice
    1 posts

Hello I am unable to progress in the siege of Paris expansion for AC valhalla. I am in the Majesty in the Dark quest and the next step is to "return to Toka in Melun. Yet when I go to her in the hall there is supposed to be a cutscene that triggers however in my game nothing happens, Toka just stands near the table and nothing triggers. It's been a couple months and a few patches have released but this is still stuck

• Fix_ur_game123
    2 posts

Like seriously, your dev team are appalling. This is a game breaking bug and it feels like you're brushing it under the rug.

Like the rest of the people here I'm experiencing this bug aswell. Everyone is just standing around the table and a cutscenes won't trigger.

Fix your game. Please.

• Fix_ur_game123
    2 posts

@bobnice Samae here. It's absolutely shocking how badly they're handling this.

• Hortense82
    5 posts

Gave up playing Paris, $50 DLC 215hrs in & can’t play Paris because of glitch to Return to Tolka in Melun! It’s been almost 4 months & great new dlc in March sure like to play 1st dlc I’d paid for 1st! (Hint) Fix this already before expanding a broken game, loved this game but not getting hosed for my money to be unplayable, ruining ur company name with BS like this! Don’t think I’ll preorder your games anymore that’s for sure!

• FJC_Dvergrinho
    2 posts

I remember being unable to progress in ac valhalla in november. I checked in internet to find a solution and i've been very happy to see that the development team was searching for an solution. I've since been waiting and checking every week for a solution but it never happened. It has now been 4 month and there is no solution. I sincerely regret that as a fan of assassin's creed, i think i won't buy the next DLC, even though i planned to do. Please find a solution soon

• Krughar76
    2 posts

You can't intereact with save and progress, ok... Can you give us a "restart" for this single quest? We have to do again "Majesty in the Dark", but at least we can have a hope to skip the bug when we restart the quest again...

• AnimusLover
    377 posts

@krughar76 The only way to do that would be to reload a save before you obtained the 'Majesty in the Dark' quest, so go back to a previous quest. I did that and was able to progress although I lost anything I had obtained after encountering the bug (skills, map clearance etc).

• glover87r
    12 posts

Second game bug that has happened first was the druids door That took months to fix an now this been waiting months for a fix on this one so if I had to add the time together for both bugs I have waited around 7 plus months for a fix bit of a joke fix the problems you have in the game allready think this may be last time I pre order a game due to the amount of time being unable to play the game

• Krughar76
    2 posts

@animuslover I can't use a save before "Majesty in the Dark" 'cause i haven't one, so, at the moment, i have to wait a patch for this bug o restart the whole game...

• Driesmannn
    4 posts

@animuslover Like @Krughar76, I don't have a save I can realistically return to. I have one from 60 hours earlier. Dumb on my part for not having a backup save somewhere, but oh well.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with "Majesty in the Dark" within this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble with this quest, and this is preventing you from progressing in your Francia adventure.

The dedicated teams are still looking into this quest further, and we don't have any updates to share from the investigation at this time. We've forwarded the feedback that has been shared regarding the ongoing investigation to the dedicated teams. Rest assured that the Player Support team are regularly checking in on the investigation into this quest. Once we have any new details to share with you all, including any information regarding an ETA for a resolution, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we're able to.

@Krughar76 - The development team have confirmed that they won't be able to implement a "Restart / Reset Quest" feature in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. You can read their full statement regarding this feature below:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Nexster0
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis Sorry but after 3+ Months telling us the same thing over and over again simply isn’t good enough anymore.

Can I also ask why you chose to completely ignore my post please?

I would appreciate it if you would read my previous post and answer my question rather than just copy and paste the same answer once a week and hope that nobody notices.

• GINGER2BALLS
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis i still cannot progress any further cannot believe it has been 4 months since i have been unable to complete the paris dlc.

• Supergrover10
    2 posts

Is there still no solution?

• Daarxis
    17 posts

@supergrover10 "they're working on it and they appreciate your patience" lmao

Suggested Topics