ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rctx81
    Original poster 12 posts

It's a minor thing, but Reda is voiceless after the last update - it used to be the case only in Ireland and Francia, now he's mute in Ravensthorpe as well. I can get his contracts and look at the store but I guess I grew used to him being talkative during the whole game (lol).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• thegardener25
    198 posts

@rctx81 I noticed this as well. Although, recently I've been (mostly) skipping dialogues from the various vendors. I figured that a restart tomorrow would probably sort it. So, I'll find out tomorrow! Not having the same repeated dialogue isn't a bad thing for me. But this isn't a time saver! I still have to wait the same length of time for options to appear (if I don't skip!). It doesn't seem intentional, so, so far, looks like a bug!

• HIDDEN1NE
    209 posts

Same here for me, just yesterday I bought that lion mount and he was talking in the normal areas, but after today just mute 🤐 As said totally minor and non-breaking to his overall function, I even took video of it as I was going to make a post about this myself:

He should have some sort of small greeting and goodbye, and at least talks when asking about and grabbing contracts.

• afewscarsmore
    97 posts

@rctx81 same here, silent reda

pointless patch as always

• DeezNutz3832
    7 posts

As of today November 11, 2021 at 17:53, Reda has not spoken one word after having visiting him multiple times.

• wSmk
    47 posts

You're in luck) I'm tired of the same words of many characters. I bought all the items from a tradeswoman, and she says “and it's all?” as if I hadn’t bought anything. Developers/creators don't care much about the variety of actions in the game. I would like to instantly open the store and close it, without unnecessary dialogues, but no, the same words every day. In alcohol fights, the character says something after each round, all this monotony gets boring so quickly.

• Kormac67
    1143 posts

@deeznutz3832 Yeah I noticed it too. Best part of the update, really.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3590 posts

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports of this and for the video @HIDDEN1NE. I'll report this to the game team now so they can look into this.

Official Response
  • rctx81
    Original poster 12 posts

@thegardener25 did you know you can press circle (or whatever the cancel command is on Xbox or PC) to skip dialogues? I tend to do it most of the time on some vendor NPCs or if I reload a save to repeat a failed quest, but I like having the option - I think Ravensthorpe is already too silent once the campaign is over lol

• pesto.
    369 posts

It’s not just Reda, all sound in the encampment in his area is broken.

I agree the dialog gets boring so please just record some more lines! We interact with Reda possibly more than anyone else during a non-speed run, Reda should have a lot more to say, otherwise it’s just skip time.

There’s a greeting, a shop line, an show me your quests line, lines for each quest type and goodbye lines. I think there are 5 greetings and goodbyes? Though I only seem to get three of the goodbye lines 99% of the time. I really hope the counts get bumped up significantly, and maybe give them something relevant to say now and then towards the content of the story.

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4048 posts

Hey all,

The development team have advised us that they have been able to reproduce this issue on TU 1.4.0 and they're currently looking into it. Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention, and for providing additional information and resources!

@rctx81 - Thank you for sharing this insight with @thegardener25

@pesto - You've mentioned that the audio is "broken" beyond Reda, and includes his surrounding area; are you able to provide a video showing this, please? Regarding the rest of your post, I'd suggest creating a new thread in the General Discussion section to suggest adding additional voice lines for Reda, as this is feedback that is best posted in a dedicated thread of its own. The community can then chip in to share their thoughts on this as well. Thanks!

Official Response
  • pesto.
    369 posts

@ubi-woofer almost all audio is broken in the immediately surrounding area around Reda, the cell that extends from almost immediately where you spawn in on fast travel in the jetty up to the entrance of the hall and to the rear side of the buildings immediately surrounding the entrance “square” (fishmonger, hunters lodge, merchant, weapons-smith, assassin hq), i.e. the major portion of the settlement.

I do not have a means of making a video of this, but you can use my game save state to test this.

Almost all audio gets prematurely cut off after 5 milliseconds or so, and eventually it causes enough instability that the game crashes if you linger in the area. Some audio seems to have a voice reserve such as Eivors voice talking to Reda, however that doesn’t stop the bug itself which is causing the engine to try and play back an ever increasing number of audio signals simultaneously (hence why it eventually causes a crash).

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    122 posts

@rctx81 I have been having this same issue as well. I am on Xbox Seris X. It seems to be back and forth when in Ravinthore depending on the update or if there is a festival going on.

• bielik01
    1822 posts

It seems like it's resolved... but I preferred him not speaking 😂

Suggested Topics