ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

Well a few problems actually…

First, At Camp Tiger, I heard an explosion while I was doing recon of the base with the drone, I send the drone over there and some Bodark had stepped on a land mine LMAO. But then, the helicopters come, and they come right for me. [censored]?! (The land mine alerted the base - I was just minding my own business).

Second, you use to be able to use Prone Camo when a helicopter reinforcement was called… and you could wait it out and it would eventually fly off. Not anymore. Prone Camo isn’t an option anymore when a helicopter is over head… in fact, if you’re in prone Camo before it arrives, you will pop out. Cheap!

Third, of course we’re all familiar with this, the stupid snipers or gunners can’t miss, even when the helicopter is spiraling out of the air. Gimme a break!

Fourth, The helicopters move like they are 250g toy micro drones without any regard for mass, inertia, or other fundamentals of physics.

It all makes this mechanic complete [censored]! Why? Why do they need to cheat in 4 totally crazy ways… know where you are at all times, you can’t hide, they can’t miss, and they defy physics. FFS!

Why can’t it just be enough that getting hit by an aerial chain gun platform turns you into pink mist - so you strive to avoid it?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Chunkie__Monkie
    47 posts

@virtual-chris And as i understand the Devs are all very annoyed at Ubisoft because of the very bad press there getting. Well with programming like this what do they really expect its very poor shoddy programming at best, same with those ground drones yeh the 4 wheeled ones that move sideways against the wheel direction So pathetic its laughable. These are purely lazy dev issues

• Virtual-Chris

@chunkie__monkie … Yeah, it’s bad programming and game design but the drone wheels are legit… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecanum_wheel

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@virtual-chris Completely agree on this. They’ve introduced a great new system the like of which we’ve been asking for since the beginning, but it’s undermined by really, really bad programming.

• GamerCZ84
    38 posts

@hugo-fou
    hard to tell. Breakpoint was not developed as realistic tactical shooter - their intention was division lite michal bay arcade movie... So maybe the engine isnt able to handle this in some good way...

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@gamercz84 It may well be the case. Alternatively, Ubisoft has just misread feedback again. The Classic controls and animations from Wildlands, were superb, but weren’t great for combat, so many players asked for something different. The alternative was functional but ugly. Still many players choose it and in fact, some actions couldn’t really be completed without using it, so it probably appeared ‘popular’.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts

I know people will hate me (even more if that is possible) but I keep saying that this game was not meant to be anything more than Eye Candy for some MTX sales with the sporadic shooting. Taking pride on something you do doesn't translate into a good job nor it signifies the given of praises for the attempt, less so when you are charging real money for it.

Oh but the new content is free? really, so the amount of new stuff for sale is what exactly? also part of that free content? I am all for capitalism but then lets call it what it is... another mediocre attempt to recoup money you have lost initially for not making the proper effort in the first place.

Yes, we have new content but the same glaring issues that existed at launch still exist now? The same glaring issues that have to do with the most important part of what the game was sold for real money is all about and yet, it is the one they pay less importance to.

Chris is saying it now but that it is the first time you read it in this new and shinny (and oh my god so Cumbersome) forum doesn't mean that it wasn't mentioned before.

How does it get fixed? I have no idea but then again, I am not the one charging money for it so perhaps they should spend some money talking to people that DO KNOW HOW? instead of trying to cheese it and check the "Done" mark?

Oh and by the way... praises, hugs and kisses for the new Forum!

• LateNiteDelight
    973 posts

@virtual-chris If the Rebels barge in guns blazing one more time while I'm scouting a location.. I might turn this car around and let the Bodark wipe them out, returning another time👹

• ArgimonEd
    175 posts

@fcac-no-moe
    Why would anyone hate you for saying this?
    The only problem we have with you is when you attack us for saying what we would want to see in the game

• AI.BLUEFOX
    144 posts

@virtual-chris usually game design more than programming, but not great and possibly a bug here.

I'm away at moment, so can't test but being popped out of prone camo??? Really? That's not good at all. Hasn't happened to me but I don't think I've been in that situation.

The physics and the sniper with the last stand perk were already issues, but this needs fixing too.

• LateNiteDelight
    973 posts

@ai-bluefox it happened to me twice last night. I went prone camo, grabbed my phone to check a text, and came back to me being under threat and standing. Glad I'm not going crazy and others are experiencing it too.

I didn't get a chance to test it, but both times I was on a slope, and wondering if that plays into it.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts

@latenitedelight ... And here I was anxious to and apprehensive to say it because I thought it was a fluke and/or I had done something too soon or too late, hence, why it had not worked.

Now, I was in the 3 skull North Island and the flyovers are every 2 minutes or less and it did worked some times but I can't remember if only when the Azraels were flying over.

• LateNiteDelight
    973 posts

@fcac-no-moe I did have issue a prior night where I would hit prone camo, then two seconds later pop back to normal prone as well. Last night was the first time it changed my stance - again, was on a serious slope both times last night - or possibly a clipping issue with foliage & rocks? The prior issue of just losing camo were flatter and just in tall grass.

I was thinking maybe I was having an issue with my Keyboard dying or something.. will pay attention more moving forward

• AvengerGR35
    61 posts

@latenitedelight I always shoot the rebels when I see them approaching the enemy base with their car. I know they will f- everything up so I just shoot them. Good thing that the game doesn't fail if you kill many of them.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts

@latenitedelight

Again, glad it is not just happening to me.

I lost my illuminated keyboard from an accident I had where one of my son's puppies (60 pound female dog), launch to the couch where I was working at the time and kicked one of the keyboard buttons out of place and no matter what I do, I can't put it back together and of course it is the " A " the one that we use almost 99% of the time. So, I am now working with a minimalistic keyboard I found (small and cumbersome, barebones kb) until the lighted combo I order comes in on Saturday.

Why the rant, well, to show that this was the reason I thought I was the culprit, fumbling fingers all over the place. I mean, the fumbling is bad enough when I do see the key buttons LOL

• Jord-NL
    33 posts
    Well a few problems actually…

So, nothing changed then. 😂
    All these things - bar the prone camo thing - were already in the base game before TU 4.1.0

• Virtual-Chris

@jord-nl

Well, having an enemy trigger an alert on their own base is also new… I think 🙂

• Flanker1Six
    226 posts

Yup! Same, same over here. Prone on the ground using my drone next to a relic base wall. HUGE explosion "over there"; no idea what it was or what caused it (wasn't Outcasts as there was no ensuing fire fight); gotta wonder if it wasn't a bad guy stepping on one of their own mines like Chris said? Whatever! Base goes to alert; 3 freakin' choppers show up; prone camo NO GOOD! Choppers hose the entire team out. Game over! Think DARK THOUGHTS about you know who! 😠

May have directed an unChristianly comment or two at them as well! My Sponsor says I need to try harder. 🙄

• Virtual-Chris

@flanker1six … LMAO. Same experience I had. Same advice I got from my sponsor 🙂

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts

@virtual-chris

Perhaps we can ask for a Group Discount on the therapy sessions?

Wasn't the vanilla game having this issue with the spawning vehicles coming together (and causing a big explosion) on the opposite end of where the character was and the whole base going on alert and then fix on one of the patches? Perhaps they used the same version of the engine to make this DLC since it has been started from a long time ago? No! ok then. 😊

Suggested Topics