ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

-You can equip any weapon at any time anywhere. Getting to the weapons in the inventory menu is about as quick as selecting weapons in the weapon wheel. Pretty fkn awful design choice there ❤
    -Spawn/despawn system for enemies- i kill a sniper in his tower he respawns if I move 30 meters away. Attack helicopters get randomly erazed from the sky if I move away from them some 50-100 meters. Vehicles pixling in 100 meters away. It's been over a fkn DECADE without this being fixed.
    -Turning off all the awful face slap messages doesn't prevent the removal of relevant details like minimap, healthbar/ammo counter etc whenever I cross into a new territory and the "new territory" face slap message is meant to show. Even though I disabled this message from showing, all the other hud details disappear to leave room for it. Can't even use the weapon wheel when this happens.
    -Not being able to move arround normally in camps, plus being forced to play in 3rd person(just so Ubi can marketize the game to allso be playable in 3rd person..!).
    -Mission distributors teleporting you both to a briefing window- completely taking you out from the game world- is ALLSO BAD FOR IMMERSION.
    -Plenty of propaganda signs that are indestructible fasade fillers you can't even spray over.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@borkaman87 ah, another immersion breaker is Danis frequent monologues- "[censored] truck!" when I haven't even noticed a truck. "take this!" when I toss a dynamite at a very NONsentient AA cannon. and when I climb into the tank I've been driving arround for half an hour: "this should work! no stopping me now! oh hell yes! "

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

Biggest offender for me is het Hideout Network. Suddenly you can access all corners of the map, early in the game. That makes no sense. In FC5 you had to carefully unlock parts of the map and expand from there.

Another thing: the red/non-red area's. In the non-red area's you can just walk around doing anything you like as long as you don't pull out your gun. In red area's suddenly it's like in FC5: always at danger. FC5 was much better in that respect. You were never safe and that added tons of excitement and immersion to the game. FC6 feels artificial at this point.

There are tons of other points, but these two are the biggest, imho.

• Sleezure
    135 posts

@borkaman87 I cannot believe that no one at Ubisoft saw the "Supremo" backpacks system and thought, "This is the dumbest thing ever." Because it really is just about the dumbest thing ever.

• tcarlisle2012
    174 posts

To be fair, just because the game allow you to equip any weapon at any time, doesn't mean you can't choose to play according to a more strict and realistic set of standards.

I would bet money they didn't intend to give access to changing loadout from anywhere, but they ended up doing that to prevent criticisms around having to play specific weapons against certain missions -- like the stupid mission where you have to protect the near dead guy in the back of a [pickup truck.

Using that mission as an example, I have not yet seen it where you can restart a mission. So they probably got into a pickle around that, and the only way to resolve it was to give access to the weapon change from anywhere.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@aazhyd had the encounters, environments on the road/off road been more engaging, Ubi likely would've dared making those Hideout Networks more hard earned. But since the gameplay and movement mechanics are to 99% identical to that of FC3, while your realistic anonymity as a guerilla leaves enemies passive like you say, exploring FC6 becomes more of a shore. It's as if the gameplay designers for FC3 just put their work into the engine and retired. Such a waste on FC6s fantastic visual designs, acting performances and script moments.

I can appreciate the realism in that you can disappear among the civilians as a guerilla fighter- but there should be wanted posters and videos exposing Dani to the point that this advantage becomes extremely situational.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@sleezure Yes the Supremos are silly with the utterly supernatural killstreak recharge mechanic they have etc. While hilariously introduced by Juan Cortez and may not be much "further out" than those booster syringes in previous FCs, I prefer to have seen vastly invented and improved upon combat/maneuvring/interaction mechanics get introduced instead.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@tcarlisle2012 oh that's fair of course. it's possible for one team to be entruested with mission and game world design- while an entirely different team managed the inventory and arsenal design. Horrible coordination between these teams then, lest individuals get unfairly scorched for it. The best Supremo in the game>> The "ESC" button!

• RobertEmerald
    126 posts
    • -You can equip any weapon at any time anywhere. Getting to the weapons in the inventory menu is about as quick as selecting weapons in the weapon wheel. Pretty fkn awful design choice there ❤ ----- Doesn't bother me at all.

• -Spawn/despawn system for enemies- i kill a sniper in his tower he respawns if I move 30 meters away. Attack helicopters get randomly erazed from the sky if I move away from them some 50-100 meters. Vehicles pixling in 100 meters away. It's been over a fkn DECADE without this being fixed. ----- 100% agree.

• -Turning off all the awful face slap messages doesn't prevent the removal of relevant details like minimap, healthbar/ammo counter etc whenever I cross into a new territory and the "new territory" face slap message is meant to show. Even though I disabled this message from showing, all the other hud details disappear to leave room for it. Can't even use the weapon wheel when this happens. ----- Doesn't bother me at all.

• -Not being able to move arround normally in camps, plus being forced to play in 3rd person(just so Ubi can marketize the game to allso be playable in 3rd person..!). ----- Doesn't bother me at all.

• -Mission distributors teleporting you both to a briefing window- completely taking you out from the game world- is ALLSO BAD FOR IMMERSION. ----- Doesn't bother me at all and I actually love that system they have in place.

• -Plenty of propaganda signs that are indestructible fasade fillers you can't even spray over. ----- Doesn't bother me at all.

---------------

• Fast travel bothers me, when it's forced on me, otherwise, I just never use it.

• Having Camila "Espada" Montero, Philly Barzaga, Lucky Mama and Yelena Morales completely disappear from the game after the main story ends, bothers me the most. Where the hell did they go?

• The resistance NPC's attacking most of my pets (Chorizo and Boom Boom being the exception), after a fight with the enemy, I just revive my pet and let them take out those resistance NPC's and leave them lying wounded on the ground. That's what they get for attacking my pets!

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@robertemerald oh yeah? ... well ok then, good points actually. I suspect you're ok with Far Cry becoming more and more like Just Cause- which in mayhem action sense is a good thing. But what I want is for Far Cry to be more survival centred, refining the vulnerability the protagonist had in FC2- over and over by each title. Off road in FC2 it did feel like you were out in the wild- while being off road in FC6 is like strolling arround in beautiful city parks. VERY beautiful city parks.

Btw, I realized you CAN use the weapon wheel just fine during those HUD wiping face slap messages(which I hate with a vengence). My bad.

• Ruboe
    3 posts

Playstation currently has 1993 Doom on sale and I bought it for the throwback fun on the couch while playing FC6 on my comp.

It ended up being a great 30 year comparison of how far graphics and world interactions have come, and how little NPC AI has changed. If the underlying tech for NPC behavior and (individual/group) abilities had come as far as graphics have come in the last 30 years, I can only imagine how crazily immersive they could be.

But instead, someone dressed in a "backpack" that is obviously a rocket launcher can stand just outside of a military base checking out all the defenses while a large cat rumbles through the place killing everyone with no coordinated reaction is what we get in modern gaming. It's still fun times, but definitely doesn't just kill immersion - immersion never actually starts, in part, because of this.

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

While I know they can be avoided (and oh hell yea do I never go anywhere near them) the presence of "companion animals" kills the immersion of the whole story big time. Fighting a despot and then you can be helped by a cart-dog, crocodile and combat rooster. After FC Primal Ubi has become obsessed with this sort of thing. Every future game will allow you to tame some animal now. FC7 will have a Special Forces Goat for sure. Can upgrade the horns.

Next gripe is the whole demeanor of the "guerillas". I dont get any vibe that they are fighters. When around them and during the awful cut scenes there is NO sense that you are fighting an evil tyrant in a hostile land. It feels like I'm in an EDM festival. They needed to make all this feel more desperate and tense.

Immersive Mode
    It could all be fixed at one go if Ubi just got its act together and gave us an Immersive Mode in which there is no hand-holding HUD (x-ray vision, wallhack, tagging, alerts), no magical powers, no fantasy weapons, better enemy AI & more brutal enemy AI.

While in this mode there should be no HUD menu option at all. Screen should be bare. Like FC2. If you want all the superpowers then go back to Regular Mode.

Everything should be destructible. Come on, Red Faction Guerilla was doing this 12 years ago!

• rickidoo2010
    128 posts

While some of the things mentioned (like, for example, having all weapons assessable all the time) is a bit arcady they are relatively minor, and many can be ignored and overlooked... somewhere in the sphere of FC 6 players someone likes them I'm sure. But an ongoing in-my-face immersion killer is how bullet spongy both enemies and Dani are. Some fans may like this and that's fine for them... I just don't understand why in 2021 a game doesn't give the player freedom to select "Hardcore" or something along those lines.

I posted about this a couple of times and the UBI forum reps replied that there are a lot of people that like the difficulty levels as they are. Uggg!!!!! [censored]? Do we have to change it for everyone? Isn't that why they are called "Difficulty LEVELS"?

I LOVE the FC series, and that's why I am so disappointed. I want to reach FC 10 before I die...

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@ruboe Turning off detection meter and the radar implantado brings the AI up a notch, experience wise. It's far better than Doom93 at least, you savage you 🙂 I was allready amazed by the driver pathfinding the AI had in FC2 when they chased you down on and off road- and the scripts to search for cover when hurt or fired upon, avoiding fires and assisting fallen comrades. I doubt FC6s engine itself delivers worse AI than FC2 did, but perhaps it's not implemented as favourably.

As for the AI awareness, it's range is too short and it seems like the absurd spawn/despawn distance of enemies allmost is meant to make up for it with numbers.

FEAR has been praised for it's AI, though it's a corridor shooter. Haven't tried it in a while myself, but perhaps Ubi should look into it just in case.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@dv20katana I think having animal companions has been fun all along- and I really like the ones in FC6, except for Boomer. Dani never shuts up with Boomer arround, ever. Comments on everything Boomer does. But atleast Boomers resistance to bullets is actually explained by his very thick fur in the roster 🙂 a fun touch. I would love it if FC7 was as challenging and HUD minimal as FC2, with FC6 graphics- and a goat that you can power up with technology on level with the mutant research of FC1- the stuff that actually started the franchise 🙂 as long AS IT MAKES SENSE; With proper armor, whether it's an a goat or a guerilla fighter- any moderate OP heroism should be ok, especially if implemented with Ubi's sense of humor

I really like your idea of an Immersive Mode and how you described it.

Yeah Red Faction.. and Crysis. Insane even today, sadly enough.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@rickidoo2010 yeah I would concider that pocket ARMORY a minor immersion glitch too, if it wasn't because of the ammunition management that allmost makes it necessary. With the same ammunition management as FC5, it would be much easier to be comfortable with the loadout you chose and just scan the spawn horizon for the next kill. Would likely make enemies less spongy too, depending on what special ammo you bring. I remember fire having about the same effect on all enemies- until the tier system in FCND. And FC6 🤢 It made sense. FC6 implements fire well too btw.
    Wow, I just thought of the FC6 bow: you only have EITHER a motherload of regular arrows, explosive arrows or EMP arrows. Insane x/

Agreed, I hope they return the difficulty levels lest they start building upon New Dawns tier system and end up with Elder Scrolls 7 instead

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

@borkaman87

..a goat that you can power up with technology on level with the mutant research of FC1- the stuff that actually started the franchise 🙂 as long AS IT MAKES SENSE; With proper armor, whether it's an a goat or a guerilla fighter- any moderate OP heroism should be ok

Haha! Ok I cant argue with you there, as long as they always keep these animals optional its all good. Loved the first FC but immediately quit as soon as the mutant animals appeared. They ruined the game for me. Loved the mercs and kept restarting the game to fight them again. Good memories.

I really like your idea of an Immersive Mode and how you described it.

Thanks! It would be a one-stop shop for those craving a more tense realistic experience. They kind of did this in GR Breakpoint but its not refined enough.

Suggested Topics