ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lolt6
    Original poster 86 posts

Since the old forums is now archived, it might be good idea to have opinions about this new forum.
    So, what do you guys think about new forum compared to the old ones?

(Might be writing more later because, y'know🤷)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Some of us have experienced this transition already 👩‍🏫

Typing is f'd up on mobile, but we have Dark Mode 💁

Less spam is nice, as is the personal news feed thing for following your threads.. I don't know.. can't change it, so make the best of it? 😶

• AvengerGR35
    67 posts

It feels a bit weird tbh, but I'll get used to it. I've been to some other military forums that made similar changes and it was weird at first. Typing on mobile is a pain indeed since if we write a big paragraph we can't see what we are typing since we can't scroll down, and the keyboard covers almost half of the screen. Hopefully this gets fixed.

• Steven527
    389 posts

@lolt6 takes some getting used to but is nice to post pics directly now

• Dani1457
    5 posts

Its new so it iswhat it is

• Virtual-Chris
    812 posts

The authentication is the most kludgy aspect as it never seems to remember who I am after 15 minutes... on any device.

But the forums are definitely a step up... Its much easier to reply to someone specific without quoting their post and it'a also easier to see what's new with your feed, and as Steven says, it's easier to post images. If they can ever fix the authentication cookie issue or whatever it is, it would be great.

• Spamfritter1701
    5 posts

I utterly hate this design on any forum that's laid out similarly.

• Ice-Quinn
    56 posts

It’s a little weird, not gonna lie… this might take some getting used to… 😯

Also: I’ll try my best not to pollute these forums with lots of inappropriate language, asterisks and crap-talking, like I did with the old one. #GrowthIsABeautifulThing

• Gmoneymozart
    61 posts

@lolt6 The UI is bad imo. Poor headers and wrong hierarchal design, containers are plain and indistinguishable. There are noticeable up-to-date web standards within their components compared to the old site.

• DanHibikiFanXM
    52 posts

This forum isn’t so great…but I guess I’ll eventually get used to it. 😑

• Virtual-Chris
    812 posts

@ice-quinn Please don't stop being you! 😄

• DarkFire1978
    8 posts

For some reason I can't post photos. Just says that something went wrong with... something. Other than that a great step up - much easier to post individual replies etc.

• Red2smok
    38 posts

Not loving it thus far, early days thou

• CarlosAldrighi
    3 posts

New forum?

The best way to get rid of old bug reports

• Steven527
    389 posts

@ice-quinn this is gonna be a real boring forum if you [censored] do that 😣

• NewFool7
    51 posts

Dark mode and List view help a lot, but it's lacking some features its predecessor had, much like Breakpoint.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

I also can’t figure out how to get back to certain views, sometimes I select GR BP and get a recent thread list and other times it takes me to a different page….quite a few bugs as expected really.

let’s not learn off the old forum, let’s start afresh and create new bugs and have less functionality (sound familiar l).

• raptor2-40delta
    45 posts

on mobile phone it’s a mess I can’t understand anything lol

• NewFool7
    51 posts

@rugby_dog "I'll be sure to pass this along. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue your experiencing? I promise we totally care and this isn't just for show."

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 208 posts

@lolt6 For me, I am still getting used to the new interface and how to do things, but if you have feedback and suggestions. Do feel free to ping them my way so I can send them to the teams. I hope we can all get used to it together 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics