ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Madhawk80
    Original poster 122 posts

This forum is a pain in the donkey to use!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

It's not the best, but have you tried Fortnite on Reddit? That's a total nightmare.

• GameGuru2018
    185 posts
    This forum is a pain in the donkey to use!

They shifted to this new stylistic recently.
    It will improve along the way.

Something will be added something will be removed.

With the time everything will be O.K.
    It would be better to make constructive suggestions than emotional exclamations.

• Madhawk80
    Original poster 122 posts

@aazhyd Yeah, I don't even bother with Reddit, that is a left-over from 1999 style forums.
    I have never been interested in anything Fortnite.

• rickidoo2010
    128 posts

I have to agree that I think the design of the forum is poor; there an over abundance of white space which makes eye-scanning for posts of interest a bunch of work. One can improve it somewhat by going into the menu (3 dots upper right) and selecting "list view", but even then it's still poor compared to the old forum. And I have to bet that a lot of people don't even know the setting for list view even exists.

The most egregious issue however is that 99% of all posts fall into the general topic, and the large majority of them are people complaining about this or that. They have a couple of sub categories under general but I'd venture a guess few people actually use them. They really need to be major categories and not sub categories.

Because there are so many people complaining about this or that, using this forum for anything beyond complaining (like I am doing now....) just gets swallowed in the general category.

• tcarlisle2012
    174 posts

If you change the view mode to "List View" that will give you a layout that is more familiar, and put more info on the screen. The default view just really, really sucks.

• Kormac67
    1031 posts

@GameGuru2018

They shifted to this new stylistic recently.It will improve along the way.

Haha. Valhalla had this forum since launch a year ago and nothing has changed.
    The notifications feature is well done. The rest is dreadful.

• GameGuru2018
    185 posts

@kormac67

What exactly do you want to change?

What excatly you don't like?

• Kormac67
    1031 posts

@gameguru2018
    Logs me off several times per day
    Just now I had to restart my browser because it was stuck half logged on
    slow and sluggish
    Useless popups of names when you mouse over that often get stuck on the page
    Huge mouseover popups at the top of some rabbits
    no useful quote function
    no usable jump function in large threads
    can't post screenshots without manually rescaling them first (which the foru msoftware could do itself)
    everything takes too much space on screen

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

Yup, the mouseovers are horrible. Especially when you're in dark mode. The popup is still in white. It's pretty hard to avoid.

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

@aazhyd
    This. Its like a camera flash right in your face. This forum is still in beta feels like.

Ubi - dark mode should be UNIVERSAL dark mode! This popup should be dark as well. Its blinding white.

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

Update
    To get rid of the camera flash white mouseover menu pop up this browser extension works perfectly:

Chromium browsers (Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge etc)
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en: (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en)

Firefox
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/darkreader/: (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/darkreader)

And of course it has a universal dark mode to make every webiste get a dark theme. Has a great filter function too.

Suggested Topics