Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RobertEmerald
    Original poster 101 posts

Another thing I don't like and have never liked in games, is fast travel, as I consider it immersion breaking, for me anyway. Unfortunately, this game in particular, encourages fast travel as it's the fastest way to restock all your ammo, just by opening and closing the workbench. So many developers, so many programmers and so many of us players, which would almost always have things work differently. There are no limits to ideas and imagination, although some work better than others. That's life in the gaming world!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GameGuru2018
    134 posts

I also think that Fast Travel and Open World are mutually exclusive.

But it can't be abolished in Far Cry 6.

Yes, you can play without using Fast Travel.....but it will be a deviation.
    Because the game implies that you have to use it.

Open World Game without Fast Travel should be developed initially as an Open World Game without Fast Travelling.
    From the first step of the game development developers should keep in mind - "In our game there will be no Fast Travel".
    Many things will follow from this.
    Such game should be well thought out.

1) There shouldn't be great need to travel constantly back and force.
    2) On the way from point A to point B something should happen and not happen.
    Old and something new. Random events and people.
    Opportunity to find something on the same way.
    3) If the distances large - some fast vehicle.

Maybe something else.....

Absence of Fast Travel shouldn't look like mockery.
    It should make the game more memorable and immersive.

• rickidoo2010
    100 posts

I remember back in the day when they went from Far Cry 2 to Far cry 3, the user feedback they received included a lot of people with little patience - they wanted easier fast travel. Far Cry 3 gave it and it's stuck.

FC 6 does place workbenches at the conquered FMD bases etc. So I have never had to fast travel back to the main hangouts to ammo up. In fact, with rare exceptions, ammo isn't even a factor in this game 98% of the time because it is so easy to restock. I find it too plentiful. Plus many fallen enemies will yield ammo.

• RobertEmerald

@gameguru2018, Fast travel is fine and is there for everyone who wants to use it. I just don't want to be forced in having to use it or not use it. It's all about player options and preferences.

• RobertEmerald

@rickidoo2010, Then we play different playstyles, because when things go chaotic when that "FIGHT OR RUN" prompt comes up, which is on a regular basis for me, it's easy to start running low on ammo, especially, when the tanks and helicopters start rolling in and the Supremo is still recharging from the first tank or helicopter that rolled in. Eventually, I have no choice but to run, because my ammo is almost depleted, even while switching to different weapon types with fresh clips.

My record so far, is having that "RUN OR FIGHT" prompt appear 8 consecutive times in a said area. I do extensive exploration and do not like leaving an area, until I feel that it has been fully explored, which is why those constant re-spawning enemies are a pain, as they hinder my exploration time and effort. They should have a set 10 to 15 timer for enemies to re-spawn, instead of having them re-spawn out of thin air every 3 seconds after being killed. We all play differently and expect different things in a game, and that's never going to change.

• rickidoo2010
    100 posts

@robertemerald Understood and agree. Too often people, in this case me, assume everyone plays like them!

That being said, I enjoy the fight or run challenges from the elite guards, and almost always win out against them without ammo issues. It makes for exciting gun play. Here is my secret sauce for that.

(1) A pump action shotgun with ammo, I forget the exact name of it, but it's ammo that is highly effective at very close range. It's symbolized as a shot gun shell with several pellets spreading out from it. Shooting an elite troop close up with a head shot can usually take 'em down in a couple of shots. >>>>Very ammo efficient!<<<<

(2) An assault rifle with armor piercing rounds, and no suppressor (which weakens the shot). Again, head shots are needed. My preference for close in combat is the shotgun over this. When I do use the assault rifle, even with good headshots, it takes quite a few shots. But it is doable.

(3) A high powered bow and arrow is also effective with armor piercing arrows - a single headshot can take one of the elite guards down at close in range. BTW, I stick with teh iron sight - for me... it is the fastest and I'm still a decent shot at far distances (.... as I was in the military!)

(4) The rotary grenade launcher works good as a substitute for the Supremo rocket launcher if the helo is relatively close. If he isn't, I bait him to come closer. Several shots in rapid succession is usually enough to take out a helo - or a tank.

A suppressed pistol with armor piercing rounds is also highly effective against elite troops at close range with head shots.

Hope this helps!

• RobertEmerald

@rickidoo2010, Hope this helps? LMAO I use all those weapons and tactics too, except for the bow and arrow. The thing is, that most likely, once you have cleared the area, you immediately are on the move, while I stick around to explore the area and more enemies start re-spawning and the Fight or Run prompt shows up again and again and again, until I am done exploring "EVERYTHING".

Let me ask you this? Have you collected everything in the game? By that, I mean all the weapons, all the gear, all the roosters, all the USB sticks, all the supremos, all the weapons attachments and all the history files and notes, which are the hardest things to find, unless you go the YouTube route with a video on where to find everything, which in my book is "CHEATING". I have collected everything, except for 20 history files and notes, which is where I spend hours and hours searching for them. I'll get there and then me and my OCD will feel happy.

You play your way and I'll play my way! I HOPE THIS HELPS!

• GameGuru2018
    134 posts

@robertemerald

(Wanted to answer and forgot....🤣)

In your first post you're writing - "Another thing I don't like and have never liked in the games, as I consider it immersion breaking" (Fast Travelling)

Now you're writing - "Fast Travel is fine and is there for everyone who wants to use it. I just don't want to be forced in having to use it or not use it..."

??????

It's immersion breaking. That's all that matters.
    It's something that spoils immersion. Main ingridient of any good game.

Fast Travel just kills the ROAD!

It kills the romance of the road.
    Wind in the hair......movement, movement....flight.

They insert fast travel even into a game about bikers! (Days Gone)
    It's a pure crime.

Bikers and Fast Travelling - are incompatible.
    Bikers mean road and constant movement.
    Road as verb.

You're moving.....moving.......moving.

Game without Fast Travel gives you other emotions!

Suggested Topics