ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• l3ordo
    Original poster 1 posts

After the divsion pvp, i was anticipating some new design in Division 2 that would discourage players from running out of cover, zig-zagging around to dodge the bullets. Pvp still looks like elementary school backyard activity. They (devs) could just take a look at some existing cover based shooters like "TLOU factions mode", see how decent it played even at the most veteran players hands...

Any thoughts on why they dont increase the out of cover penalty or Induce a stun when shot when out of cover and sprinting? Or atleast, a stamina gauges for that zig-zag stuff ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HaywardGG
    109 posts

@l3ordo The zig zagging is because they can't jump around. It's because zig zagging bugs the hit boxes (literally makes the bullet hits not register as frequently), it's a common tactic in other games where they jump around a lot for the same effect. Most of the hardcore PVPrs I play with do it and they are open about why they do it too. So, no, I don't think the Devs care and I doubt they'll take your suggestions onboard, though I think those are good suggestions.

• Imagine_Brata
    737 posts

zig-zagging is nothing real hardcore PvP players use

• Sock_Monkey
    552 posts

@haywardgg

The zig zagging is because they can't jump around.

The good news is that it's not a guarantee of success. Had some player that kept doing this over the weekend; I couldn't tell if he was running a macro or just spent hours practicing, but he was cutting 90- and 180-degree turns in full sprint while coming at me. Looked ridiculous, but the downside is that you cannot do than AND shoot at the same time, and I still managed to land enough shots on him to kill him. After three failed attacks on me he suddenly left me alone and went after other players.

• ModalThread611
    148 posts

@imagine_brata Yeah they wall bounce and camp....... The only reason is there is no jumping or it would be that.

• ModalThread611
    148 posts

@l3ordo If players could jump they would not strafe. What is your problem with it. The game has had that mechanic since 2016. It is part of divsion and helps make pvp last longer.

Suggested Topics