ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hugo-FOU
    Original poster 174 posts

Wildlands has alternate endings and I for one, don’t know which is counted as canon. Or maybe both are counted as canon.

So why not have an alternate beginning for Breakpoint.

My idea was to take some of the better bits of episodes 1 to 3 and do a bit of a rewrite, so as to make it into a more cohesive story that leads nicely into Conflict mode, but also introduce a new mode. One that has new features that fit the premise of being stranded on an island, cut off from support, but also has some new missions that activate the AI team mates.

Now, first off, open your minds slightly. I’ve only got so much to work with and I’ll need your help to fill in the plot holes. I also want you to say which of the original missions you think should be included.

Alternate episode one -

Survival Mode

Story

The island of Auroa is taken over by hostile forces.

A message is gotten out just prior to a complete communication blackout.

An advance force of 16 Ghosts are sent in to secure a ‘beach head’, for a larger force.

This leads us into the original start with the helos being brought down by the drone swarm, but also brings in the first changes that survival mode brings. (A possibility is to have Scott Mitchell insert with the Ghosts. He could be injured and take Holts place in Erewhon. (More on that in a bit). He could provide new dialogue and coordinate the Ghosts efforts and provide mission briefings. I would pretty much remove all the current cutscenes. They were honestly so awful and thoroughly immersion breaking, I’d rather just have over radio and in game dialogue).

You start with one bandage and one syringe. The injury system would function differently in survival mode. The effects of injuries can only be removed with bandages. Syringes restore health, fully, but do not remove the effects of the injury. (This gives players the opportunity to play with the effects of injuries, without the ‘one shot’ kill that usually occurs when injured). Also, like stamina consumption, players could choose an injury health drain rate, from none to extreme. This would be the rate at which health drains when carrying an injury. (Kinda obvious) However, injuries can be fully healed in bivouacs.
    So, Nomads one bandage at the start of the first mission, means the injury level is reduced from critical to severe and the syringe will restore the health to full, but maybe only temporarily.

The second change is, Nomad starts with no weapons except a knife. Obviously Nomad can get one as soon as the first enemy is neutralised, but this leads to the third change. The size and frequency of the patrols in the first mission. Minimum of four, but up to eight in each patrol and frequent.

The first mission is all about surviving. Escape and evade. Getting to each crash site is optional, but each crash site has some resources. A syringe, a bandage, a grenade, a pistol with one magazines worth of rounds, (but no suppressor). This brings me on nicely to the next change to Survival mode. No auto ammo pick up. You can still get ammo from enemies. In fact it’s one of the only ways to get ammo, but it’s in small amounts and has to manually selected. A simple button press, but with a short animation.

In fact, this leads to another change. No shop, at all. No ammo reload at bivouacs. One of the few places to get munitions is the bio-locked rooms found in enemy bases.

However, convoys could also take on a new function. Each convoy could function as a shop of sorts. Each item usually found in Marias shop, would be available from captured convoys. The player would get to choose what they get from each convoy captured as each convoy would be worth a certain amount of resource credits. The player could bank credits to use on a later convoy or pick the items they wish to ‘capture’ there and then.
    Also, this would be where any items the player has purchased from the store with Ghost coins, would be available for free upon capturing a convoy.

Back to the story. In my alternate beginning Weaver doesn’t die and Holt isn’t in Erewhon. Instead, after evading the enemy and making it to Erewhon, where Nomad is fully healed, the next tasks are to gain information about the rest of the Ghosts, gather supplies and rescue team mates. Six team mate rescue missions, allowing the player to choose whether to run with the new team mates or the old.
    (I know which I’d choose!)

From here, I’d combine elements of each chapter into one episode. I’d dispense with all the weird side missions, but incorporate the outcast storyline and resistance missions.

Rather than the whole Wonderland idea, the story for Survival mode would be about preventing an attack on the US, (Red Patriots), supporting the rebel uprising, (elements of the Outcast storyline and the Resistance event), and rescuing key persons and disabling the drone swarm, (Jace Skell, Paula Madeira and other parts of episode one).

We have three core protagonists. Pyotr Bukharov, Trey Stone, Walker and Josiah Hill.

Only the ludicrous Walker boss fight really needs a rethink and that could be done simply by putting him in a vehicle we destroy. (Not ideal, but still better than what we have currently).

Pyotr Bukarov and Trey Stone are obviously the commanders for the planned terror attack branch, Walker could be the commander trying to destroy the outcasts and Josiah Hill the commander for the final branch of the story, rescuing Skell and the others and disabling the drone swarm.

A final mission would need to be added for after Nomad and the team have killed the final main commander, where the drone swarm is disabled and Nomad and the team exfil from the island.

Thoughts? Which missions would you include?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• martbloke88
    22 posts

@hugo-fou I like it. I like the idea of having to actually loot for stuff (which IMO is what they wanted to do hence the button prompt still being present), survive and not have a whole arsenal at your finger tips from Maria! Makes so much more sense.

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

@hugo-fou I like it Hugo, would be nice if hey also removed the dependency of the full skill three to make the usage of the maestry skills, and maybe reduce from 5 and 10 to 2 and 5 skill points to acquire the maestry levels for each classes

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

Of course this would be better than what we were given 🙂

I gather this is just a thought exercise? After all, a lot of what you’re suggesting related to mechanics changes will never happen. Or is a part of you hoping Ubisoft takes this to heart and provides an update to implement it?

I’m also interested in rewriting the story mode portion but in a way we can actually play it with what we have - not dependent on Ubisoft. As that’s bound to disappoint. 🙂

I haven’t got very far with my thinking as to how it would all fit together, but ideally my version of Story Mode has minimal involvement with Erewhon, Jace Skell, Walker and drones.

I also think your survival mode concept is not far off of what Mike and I put together in the Ultra Immersive Guide, where all skill and class items are earned through missions or at enemy bases. Same could apply to all other gear and loot… no store… you only have what you can find. We don’t need Ubisoft for a lot of this… just some role playing and self discipline. The guide could easily be expanded to cover where you need to go to get certain gear. And rules could be added about getting gear from convoys… with a bit of role playing.

The best missions in my view are…

• Outcast story chapter missions and faction missions.
    • Resistance Live Event missions
    • A couple Paula Madeira missions but you need Jace to unlock those
    • The Flycatcher, Rosebud and Silverback missions - locked behind all Jace missions.
    • Episode 3
    • The last mission in the Amber Gas series?
    • A couple of side missions (one where a couple key enemy LTs are meeting comes to mind) but most are junk
    • Daily faction missions (in small doses)

The best way to do this is using a character that’s already played through everything so you can pick and choose mission content.

• Hugo-FOU
  • Hugo-FOU
    @hugo-fou I like it Hugo, would be nice if hey also removed the dependency of the full skill three to make the usage of the maestry skills, and maybe reduce from 5 and 10 to 2 and 5 skill points to acquire the maestry levels for each classes

I think, if one had already completed Conquest mode and activated the weapon mastery skill tree, it could remain. They definitely need to give us a way to disable any skill, but either way, having weapon mastery tied to a complete skill tree is annoying!

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@hugo-fou

You inspired me to put some thought into how I might replay the game, given what we have to work with. Here's my initial thoughts, although I'm not committed to anything just yet, and still not even half way through my first play-through of Conquest Mode.

The Narrative…

A group of former Skell Engineers calling themselves the Outcasts have contacted US authorities and shared information that Skell Tech and Auroa has been taken over by a PMC group called Sentinel that was originally contracted to provide security. Their numbers have dramatically increased in recent weeks and Skell Leadership appears to be unaccounted for. In addition, they’ve reported that a small number of Russian military units have started arriving on the island.

Diplomats have contacted Russia who is denying any involvement.

Recently, all communications with the island have been cut-off.

The Ghosts are being sent in under the leadership of Colonel Scott Mitchell to make contact with the Outcasts, assess the military situation, enlist what help they can from the Outcasts, and work covertly with them to restore communications on the island.

The Actual Situation On Auroa:

• Stone (head of Sentinel) who is working with the Bodark has taken over Skell Tech
    • Azreals and Drone Swarms are experimental only and not operational

World Parameters:

• No Azreals
    • No Drones

Starting the Game

• Nomad and team infiltrate the island on RIBs from the south - making landfall at South Cape Station to make contact with the Outcasts
    • Their primary objective is to restore comms with the island
    • They are also tasked with enabling the Outcasts as necessary to help achieve their mission objectives
    • Dr. Sigrid Bloom (Phd) is the head of Skell Communications infrastructure and will be an essential asset

Story Mode Missions and Plot Development:

• The team should play through the Outcast Story Chapter Missions and do any daily faction support missions in their AO
    • Completing this mission series will restore communications with Sigrid Bloom’s assistance and discover more about the broader plot from Sentinel defectors 
    • It is revealed that Sentinel (Stone) and the Bodark terrorist group are collaborating on a plot to strike the US with a biochemical attack delivered by Skell Drones
    • Mitchell asks you to stay in theater until the CIA can learn more about who’s involved.
    • Meanwhile, tensions are increasing between Skell Workers who are being forced to work day and night and Sentinel. More and more workers are joining the Outcast ranks. Sentinel has instructions to shoot to kill any Outcast members and any disorderly workers
    • Mitchell Contacts the team indicating that the CIA has learned more about the terrorist attack logistics and players and Mitchell feels the team should be able to quietly handle the situation
    • The teem should play through the Episode 3 missions - doing daily faction missions in their AO to help the Outcasts - and also any other missions in their AO (like the Rosebud, Silverback, Flycatcher missions)
    • After the fall of Stone, the Outcasts enlist the aid of Nomad and team to carry out a few operations to better protect themselves from various rogue Sentinel units
    • The team should play through the Resistance Live Event Missions
    • Nomad and team return to the US

Conquest Mode:

• Not long after returning state-side, the Outcasts once again make contact with US authorities indicating that a significant number of Russian forces has recently landed on the island - and have gone on the offensive with heavy losses to the Outcasts
    • This starts the events of Conquest mode
    • The team will be working directly with the CIA on this one
    • The Bodark has managed to get drone swarms operational in a few regions and has the Azreal program operational
    • The team again infiltrates the island on RIBs from the South to make contact with the Outcasts at South Cape Station

(Unfortunately, you will need to make at least one trip to Erewhon to play this just to activate Ep3... I think)

What would you do differently... given what we have to work with?

• Hugo-FOU
    Of course this would be better than what we were given 🙂

I gather this is just a thought exercise? After all, a lot of what you’re suggesting related to mechanics changes will never happen. Or is a part of you hoping Ubisoft takes this to heart and provides an update to implement it?

I’m also interested in rewriting the story mode portion but in a way we can actually play it with what we have - not dependent on Ubisoft. As that’s bound to disappoint. 🙂

I haven’t got very far with my thinking as to how it would all fit together, but ideally my version of Story Mode has minimal involvement with Erewhon, Jace Skell, Walker and drones.

I also think your survival mode concept is not far off of what Mike and I put together in the Ultra Immersive Guide, where all skill and class items are earned through missions or at enemy bases. Same could apply to all other gear and loot… no store… you only have what you can find. We don’t need Ubisoft for a lot of this… just some role playing and self discipline. The guide could easily be expanded to cover where you need to go to get certain gear. And rules could be added about getting gear from convoys… with a bit of role playing.

The best missions in my view are…
    • Outcast story chapter missions and faction missions.
    • Resistance Live Event missions
    • A couple Paula Madeira missions but you need Jace to unlock those
    • The Flycatcher, Rosebud and Silverback missions - locked behind all Jace missions.
    • Episode 3
    • The last mission in the Amber Gas series?
    • A couple of side missions (one where a couple key enemy LTs are meeting comes to mind) but most are junk
    • Daily faction missions (in small doses)

The best way to do this is using a character that’s already played through everything so you can pick and choose mission content.

I haven’t bought any resources from Marias shop in as long as I remember. I loot or craft everything I need. 😳

In answer to your question, I’d love them to implement something like this. I don’t think they will, but then Conquest has truly exceeded my expectations already and I can see the community suggestions in it. When you think about it, BP was a disaster at the start. But Conquest seems like a huge success. Maybe, just maybe, they’d like to make the most of that. Unlikely, but who knows. 😁

I actually thought they could include the rescues of all, including Jace anyway and maybe the faction missions could compliment the rebel missions. You help the rebels get going in the Outcast story thread, but only keep there presence high by completing faction missions.

Ideally, they would introduce some sort of rebel support. Support you could only access if you had enough supplies acquired through faction missions.

Perhaps for role play, you could only use the strike designator if you had completed X amount of faction missions.

I can’t really remember the Amber Sky missions. I seem to remember thinking they were ok, but I’m struggling to see how to make them fit.

• Hugo-FOU

@virtual-chris

I like it. If you use an existing character, you wouldn’t have to visit Erewhon at all.

I’m torn between putting a list of missions in order, to play through myself, or waiting to see what the maestro, (that’s you, obviously), comes up with!

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@hugo-fou

I think key decisions that one needs to make when replaying story mode is…

1. Are you starting with a new character, crash landing, and going through the initial mission and visit to Erewhon. If so, the Immersive Guide can be used to make this more of a gear-up challenge at the beginning.
    2. Or using an existing save slot to replay certain content in Story Mode. In which case you have much more freedom to change the narrative and ignore Erewhon.

My preference is naturally #2 and it can also be used to level up an existing character to unlock some of the new rewards. That’s probably what I will do, but need to think about it some more.

As for what Ubisoft should do… I think if they are committed to another year of content they should probably forget Story Mode and instead open up a new island so we have some new scenery. It would be cool if Moa island had a bunch of homesteaders going about their daily lives snd were invaded by a South East Asian nation trying to get a foothold on the Archipelago. So you had new scenery, a lively world, and a new faction.

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

I'm liking this discussion, but if the idea of this mode is to gear up without erewhon (in case ubi added the survival mode/revamp of the campaign...which I think a few mechanics could be an option to translate to the entire game or not be used in this one)
    how would we acquire some of the new guns like the ACR if the bad guys don't use them

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@argimoned

Well it would be up to you I guess but there are a few options…

• You could be hardcore and say if it’s not found in the game world, it doesn’t exist - is off limits
    • You could say that anything in Marias Shop is available in the world… maybe every time you take a base or a convoy, you can assume you’ve obtained one item of your choosing (or randomly select something) from Maria’s store. Or once you’ve earned enough credits to buy it, you’ve actually found it instead.
    • You could say that Rowan Brown is a master weaponsmith and can make you anything to order if you do some missions for him (credits represent good will points).
    • You could make a specific objective… like “reports have it that the commander at Camp Red Viper has a custom ACR”

But you get the jist… we will have to make our own role playing rules and stick to them.

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

@virtual-chris but I mean if a mode with the parameters discussed by Hugo was created by ubisoft in the next Year pass (if they'd release one) how would this be implemented?
    Only weapons found in the enemies hand?

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@argimoned … I see what you mean. I have no idea. I doubt they would ever build a mode where you couldn’t bring MTX items into the game.

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

@virtual-chris If they started adding authentic items like the gorkas or the AVS and had an more gritty and authentic mode, I'm sure that the cosmetic sales would increase

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@argimoned True. I’m just afraid that over the last two years they may have made more MTX revenue on Sith outfits from misguided casuals 😞 I hope not. I should go buy the AVS rig just as a vote of confidence but I actually prefer the JPC… If they added a radio to the JPC and removed a mag pouch, they’d have a sale 🙂

• Hugo-FOU

@argimoned

I think they should use convoys. Each time you capture a convoy you have access to the ‘shop’. You essentially have the opportunity to buy anything that would normally be available in the shop, but you are capturing it instead. The only exception I’d have to this would be munitions and consumable supplies, which would be found in small numbers in each convoy. Part of the challenge of the mode, should obtaining enough supplies.
    Anything you have bought with Ghost coins would be found in the first convoy you capture.

This can of course be role played, but could, I think, also be made into an actual game mechanism.

• Hugo-FOU
    @virtual-chris I see what you mean. I have no idea. I doubt they would ever build a mode where you couldn’t bring MTX items into the game.

But you could. You’d buy it in the store, but rather than just going to a menu to select it, you would get a message saying, “Your item is now available to be found in enemy convoys!” You then just capture a convoy and there it is.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

My Nomad is ready

*excuse the Behemoth Cheese Gun™
  • Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

@latenitedelight … I’m afraid you can’t trademark the Behemoth cheese gun 🙂

Suggested Topics