ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Steve64b
    Original poster 171 posts

Some feedback on the weapons:

• The RAT4 was a favorite of mine in the previous games for the ability to guide airborne rockets to the target. You could literally shoot a rocket into orbit, and then guide it to your target afterwards (See e.g.
      ). This doesn't seem to be possible in Far Cry 6, because (I think) fired rockets disappear too quickly. A shame, especially because one launcher is explicitly called the Orbit Rocket Launcher. Would make sense to have that behavior restored IMO.
    • I loved Far Cry 4's Harpoon Gun (The Impaler) because it is silent, would staple enemies to trees, and you could pick up your harpoons after firing them. The La Clavadora is like the harpoon gun, but it doesn't allow projectiles to be picked up after firing. This is rather unfortunate.
    • AFAIK, the sidearm slot doesn't allow equipping a sawed-off shotgun or M-79. With a versatile loadout having an assault rifle, sniper rifle and rocket launcher/EMP launcher/resolver weapon, I'd also like to make use of the sidearm slot for an interesting weapon.
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WID992007
    187 posts

@steve64b i gotta agree with ya about the M 79 .. it was always a one handed weapon .. hell that gun in the heli (buzzer copter ) made FAR CRY 4 one of my favorite games

when i fired up FC6 and finally got it .. was really bummed it was moved to a two handed weapon and NOT AVAILABLE as a side arm

same with sawed off shotty .. should be a sidearm

The La Clavadora

have not used it yet ..but yea i also think you should be able to pick up your left over BIG arrow , i mean ya can with regular ones right ?
    it should restock supply

but i bet they will not move on the side arms thing .. we will have to wait for a mod ..then they will break that mod with every patch

• Steve64b

Also, I have "Use Gadget" rebound to Mouse4 (Back), and in doing so I lost the ability to "cook" grenades. Seems like that's exclusive to a bind to middlemouse?

• KrayZee_
    98 posts

@steve64b I also prefer Far Cry 5's loadout system. I really like the expanded arsenal as well as more gadgets and attachments in Far Cry 6, but it feels limited.

• Steve64b

@krayzee_ I personally typically use 1 loadout. I don't like to spend time in menus, and equipping weapons through an interface. And without the ability to pick up weapons in the game world, I just stick to the one loadout that works well for me. I'm using the SSGP-58, MBP .50, Zeusito & Double-o. Zeusito is my only sure-fire way to quickly get rid of flying enemies; I can't cook grenades well, and they avoid rockets/ the RAT doesn't do enough damage. I don't use the sidearm weapons much, so that slot is mostly wasted on me.

I would only change loadouts when I get bored or when there's a specific challenge that would call for it. Which is a shame really, because I feel the game has so many more weapons than previous games, yet most of them don't really pack a good punch. In past games, I would love finding signature weapons, they would really have extra meaning. But now, I don't care about the signatures & just headshot enemies with the same old weapons.

Oh and while I'm ranting here, I also hardly ever use vehicles. Planes and helicopters are unusable for me due to downgraded control scheme compared to FC5, and usually end in me blowing up. Vehicles with mounted weapons seem to make me feel like a sitting duck, more than in the previous games. When I do use a vehicle, it's either the buzzer or a jetski.

• KrayZee_
    98 posts

@steve64b What I realized that in Far Cry 6, you technically carry all of the weapons. It's just that only 4 of them are quickly selected, and you'd have to go to the menu to start switching weapons. In Far Cry 5, we'd have to access a shop to choose our weapons. The fact that we don't pick up weapons on the ground (Yet other guerrillas do pick up weapons from a dead body, it's just invisible to the player), I'm assuming the devs wanted us to obtain their weapons through exploration and other methods. That and they probably don't want the player to drop their weapons and give to their co-op partner for free. As for weapon damage packing a good punch, I would have to put armor piercing rounds in everything.

There are so many throwables and gadgets to use in Far Cry 6, they decided to only limit the player to carry only 4 of them depending what is chosen for a specified supremo backpack. I'm glad they brought back claymores from the Far Cry Instincts games. I am surprised they replaced rocks with balls just so it's not unlimited.

I genuinely believe that the people who worked on Far Cry 5 and Far Cry 6 probably played Xbox and Wii exclusives and brought over game mechanics, weapons and gadgets to the recent Far Cry games. Things like naval mines in the water, World War 2 tanks, Humvees, military bases and bunkers. There's even a section in Far Cry 6 that gives me Far Cry Instincts vibes with the mad scientist and his labs. Now they're just missing dual wielding, grenade launcher attachments to assault rifles, and branch whips. There even brought back the M9 Pistol, M249 and pipe bombs (Despite functioning differently) in Far Cry 5. Even the uniforms from the FND in Far Cry 6 reminded me of the enemies in Far Cry Vengeance, except they're wearing red and not blue.

I never use the unique weapons either and I normally would obtain them just so I wouldn't use the sprays to obtain their weapon skins.

I enjoyed using the Angelito FW Turbo, it's like the devs actually read the forums here and took notice of my Far Cry 6 Wishlist. As for flying helicopters and planes, I recommend increasing the vehicle sensitivity to max and play inverted. Flying helicopters would feel similar to Far Cry 5's, but I think it may take some extra practice flying planes in Far Cry 6.

Suggested Topics