ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SizroSpunkmire
    Original poster 10 posts

Just finished the main story. spoiler It immediately destroyed any desire to keep playing the game, DLC, exploration etc. This is the most unsatisfying ending to a game since vanilla Mass Effect.

I uninstalled immediately, paid no attention to Insurgencies and am glad I didn't buy the version that includes the upcoming DLC. The FarCry series is one of the few games I buy immediately on launch but this will be the last. Going forward, I'll wait a year until all the DLC is out, multiple patches are available and the game is half price.

The world, atmosphere and gunplay are fantastic but that ending was insanely lazy and completely dumb.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@sizrospunkmire It's a game written by hipster diverse university students. What did you expect.

Top talent keeps leaving Ubisoft and the ones that stay all share the same woke ideals that are antithesis to fun and good story writing.

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@sizrospunkmire, I for one, loved the story and think that it was extremely well written and done. To each their own!

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

Story in itself wasn't that bad, but yes, the endin:g was quite "meh". I had expected much more spoilerSpoiler Text::. Expect a more thrilling final stand battle.

Also it's pretty silly that we destroyed the dictator and taken over the country, but there are still tons of soldiers running around like nothing happened.

• Kormac67
    1091 posts

Yeah, the ending left me feeling empty as well. spoiler
    I actually returned to the tower later because I had missed the contraband, and it was crawling with special forces.
    Hello? The new guerilla HQ?
    Just lazy, leaving everything just as it was before. But yeah, that's to be expected in this kind of games. Same in Valhalla, you return to a city after winning it over in an alliance and get attacked as well.

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@sizrospunkmire Guess what? In World War 2, absolutely no one got the chance to take out the dictator in the Battle of Berlin. No one got the satisfaction and absolutely no one have any control over what happened. Plus I think Ubisoft wanted to do something different, because the opportunity to kill the main antagonist already happened a lot not only in the Far Cry series, but video games and movies in general.

Right at the beginning of the game after the tutorial island, the main goal is to surround Esperanza. We all know Yara is based on Cuba and the revolution is heavily based on the Cuban revolution. Especially how the Revolution of '67 is based on the Cuban Revolution in the 1950s. spoiler

• Kormac67
    1091 posts

@krayzee_ No. I killed him. Is there actually an option here? I would have tried it if there were manual saves.

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@kormac67 There are two options, and you picked the better one. spoiler

The other option is not worth it, killing is more satisfying.

• Kormac67
    1091 posts

@krayzee_ Thank you for the info. Yes, I was very irritated about the outcome with McCay.
    I tried to confront Juan right after it but he just babbled his usual resolver dialog. There is no further reference to the mysterious phone call in the story at all.
    So there is ONE point in the story where you can make a decision with (minimal) consequences, and it is weird and remains unexplained.

• SizroSpunkmire
    Original poster 10 posts

@kormac67 Funny thing about 'that' decision. There are other places in the game where you can do the same thing. In some cases, they just stand there and take no damage, in other cases they go into Revive mode and you can revive them or run away.

Suggested Topics