ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 2 Likes/13 Replies/142 Views
    davidwhistler
    Original poster 7 posts

not sure if you guys know how a 50 cal works. even if the bullet didnt go in the helmet the impact would still crush your skull. if you move even further back you would still drop because you would be brain dead.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Red2smok
    38 posts

@davidwhistler please advise DOD on source of said helmet
    i want our guys kitted out pronto in this material

50 regardless of hit location, unless medic is on hand that’s all she wrote

My lil 556 sudo DMR, will leave fist size exit hole on yotes, sure it’s not mil ball ammo
    but you get picture

• Sam.SamFisher
    114 posts

@davidwhistler - It's not the bullet that kills you. Sure, it lacerates and damages tissue and bone, but It's the concussive energy at impact that kills. The .50-cal. hits with so much energy that it would kill you even if your body armor could stop it. The impact of the armor plate hitting your rib cage would be enough to do it. That energy would still crush your organs and break apart your blood vessels and arteries. No laceration, but such a crushing shockwave that it wouldn’t matter. You'd be a dead boneless skin sack. 😁

.50 cals have penetrated vehicular armor and messed up everyone inside.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @davidwhistler "not sure if you guys know how a 50 cal works. even if the bullet didnt go in the helmet the impact would still crush your skull. if you move even further back you would still drop because you would be brain dead."

If GRB's guns were coded to real world ballistics; there IS NOT the proverbial snowball's chance that anyone would NOT be severely maimed at least, if not killed, by a strike from a .50 cal round at in game (GRB) ranges. Regardless of whether the bullet impacted a "helmet" or elsewhere. There is an infintesimally small chance that if the bullet struck hard armor (plates, helmet, etc) that it might glance off, but it's very likely that the energy transfer (you refer to in your post) would incapacitate, if not kill, the person.

FYI: I'm unaware of any helmet currently in use that is designed to defeat 7.62 x 51 NATO FMJ @ 200m or less; let alone a more powerful cartridge. It's not that GRB enemies (including drones) are the often cited "bullet sponges"; it's that many of the gun/cartridge combos have been nerfed to "balanced for gameplay" levels.

• NewFool7
    51 posts

It's simple really. They've figured out that each additional bullet it takes to kill an enemy is more time spent in the game (engagement). This allows some lead to go to his lead with the info, who then passes that up further along through line charts, which then gets shown to shareholders. They get told something like "We've been able to double the engagement by including some additional accessibility options" (which doesn't make any sense but the shareholders eat this stuff up).

It's all about spinning data. Your enjoyment is not factored into Ubisoft logic; it's all algorithms and check boxes.

• davidwhistler
    Original poster 7 posts

@newfool7 the thing is people would still spend tons of time in game. with role-players like myself the more realistic things work the better. and taking 2 shots from a 50 to the head breaks are emersion. its a game i get that. i just wish in emersion mode what it takes to kill someone and the player would alter a bit

• Bone_Frog
    35 posts
    @davidwhistler - It's not the bullet that kills you. Sure, it lacerates and damages tissue and bone, but It's the concussive energy at impact that kills. The .50-cal. hits with so much energy that it would kill you even if your body armor could stop it. The impact of the armor plate hitting your rib cage would be enough to do it. That energy would still crush your organs and break apart your blood vessels and arteries. No laceration, but such a crushing shockwave that it wouldn’t matter. You'd be a dead boneless skin sack. 😁

.50 cals have penetrated vehicular armor and messed up everyone inside.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

Nah...I've seen a gy take a .50(well a Diska) to the chest plate and live. It was obviously mostly spent. Jerry Boykin of Delta fame was also shot by a .50 in Panama and lived. Actually continued to operate in Delta. So it can happen. But a head shout would be game over.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

Interestingly the same issue is being raised on the FC6 forums where players are asking why after several rounds from .50 the bad guy stays standing.

An immersion killer for sure, more so in GRBP which is slightly more "serious" than FC.

• Gmoneymozart
    60 posts

I wonder if mechanically they are getting push back with the way it’s designed and they can’t brute force the fix? Maybe they are unable to force a one hit kill with a mechanic that is designed to pop the helmet off first in order to then kill the enemy?

I know they have it to where the helmet pop can be prolonged and it pops off depending on weapon damage but maybe they can’t bypass the way the mechanic is built or more likely, perhaps they don’t want to put in the work to do that just for the .50?

• martbloke88
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • martbloke88
    22 posts
    @Gmoneymozart I wonder if mechanically they are getting push back with the way it’s designed and they can’t brute force the fix? Maybe they are unable to force a one hit kill with a mechanic that is designed to pop the helmet off first in order to then kill the enemy?

I know they have it to where the helmet pop can be prolonged and it pops off depending on weapon damage but maybe they can’t bypass the way the mechanic is built or more likely, perhaps they don’t want to put in the work to do that just for the .50?

Which would be strange as the sync shot 1 shot kills a heavy.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    247 posts

It's a shallow mechanic in my view and doesn't do the game any favours.

Enemies should receive damage in a realistic way rather than through theatrical gameplay and artistic animations.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts
    Interestingly the same issue is being raised on the FC6 forums where players are asking why after several rounds from .50 the bad guy stays standing.

An immersion killer for sure, more so in GRBP which is slightly more "serious" than FC.

Only difference is that FC is still a fantasy game (even if at present more Rated M), whereas this thing is NOT supposed to be, and yet... well, no need to dwell. 😀

No matter how much they try to correct the ship, they keep insisting on adding twice or triple the childish add-ons as well. It is like they can't help it or they still insist that their way is better and we don't know what we want. 😔

I have not tested this but sometimes, suppressed or unsuppressed it feels some goons take more than the same goon you shot a few minutes ago. I mean same class of goon

Suggested Topics