ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NewFool7
    Original poster 51 posts

I ended up choosing "Something else" for most of my responses and typing out my dissatisfaction with how Ubisoft has been handling all the Tom Clancy franchises in recent past. I made sure to drive home the point that Breakpoint was promoted and sold as a sequel to Wildlands but ended up playing almost nothing like it. Worse and missing mechanics, greatly inferior mission structure, massively inferior map and environment, horribly downgraded AI with no heat system, and an incredibly consistent neglect when it comes to communication concerning updates, feedback, and patches.

How'd the survey go for everyone else?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Steven527
    400 posts

no. I've given up on responding to Ubi. After this last TU which "fixed" the Scott Mitchell shirt for the belt, didn't even get listed as an update item and after all the requests that they leave the freakin belt off... why would I bother answering anything from them?

• NewFool7
    Original poster 51 posts

@steven527 honestly, just to keep morale from undeservedly rising amongst the devs. Rage into the night.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1525 posts

@newfool7

Meh! to answer them is to keep feeding them for them to keep the BS marketing strategy that they listen and that all feedback is welcome and that all they do is for the community.

When they come up with the proper GR experience they will have so much love coming out of my pores they won't know what to do with it, meanwhile they can all suck it, man up and grow a spine!

Totally my opinion of course, I don't want anybody getting infractions for it. 😊

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

@newfool7

What survey?

• Kean_1
    209 posts
    @newfool7

What survey?

Curious about that too. Haven't seen it yet.

• Ritalin33mg
    8 posts

which survey? can you plz provide a link?

• Flanker1Six
    229 posts

When I clicked on the "Submit" button for my most recent post a few moments ago; I was VIOLANTLY snatched out of the Forum, and transported to another dimension; not only of sight and sound, but of the mind; a journey into a wondrous land of Ubi Surveys!

A survey where I was asked sophisticated questions like: What language do you speak? US English. Followed by, What country do you live in? Uuuuuuhhhhh is that a trick question? 😲

So, if you haven't been snatched up for "The Survey" yet...............................you're not missing anything this time around.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Gamers: complains about devs not listening to "the community"
    Gamers: refuses to complete survey when given the opportunity 😑

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1525 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • dagrommit
    894 posts
    If they don't listen, or have only a selective hearing when feedback has been explained in their own forums

I see you're still having trouble with the idea that the number of people on here is tiny compared to other venues 👓

• Flanker1Six
    229 posts

Just had the second pop up asking if I wanted to survey. BTW: It's a market research/stat survey; nothing to do with GRB really.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1525 posts
    If they don't listen, or have only a selective hearing when feedback has been explained in their own forums
    I see you're still having trouble with the idea that the number of people on here is tiny compared to other venues 👓

Oops, sorry... selective reading as well then.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@dagrommit You mean the other venues that even in Sandi and Keltimus' surveys tended to echo what has been posted here ad nauseam?

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Oops, sorry... selective reading as well then.

Still missing the point I see. Namely that it should be obvious by now that posting on the official forum carries no more weight than elsewhere, regardless of eloquence - or lack of. Doubly so given the number of people who do post here.

Instead, you prefer to scorn what was presumably an opportunity to be counted. While also complaining about not being counted.

You mean the other venues that even in Sandi and Keltimus' surveys tended to echo what has been posted here ad nauseam?

Indeed they did. But you're deluding yourself if you expected them to completely remake a game that wasn't designed around those ideas in the first place.

And yes, even "small" things like cosmetic issues will get ignored in favour of "higher" priorities (where "higher" is in the eye of the beholder). Welcome to the realities of software development.

Anyhow, as it turned out this was just a marketing survey, feel free to continue as always. I'm sure it'll be just as productive 😑

• Church367A
    147 posts

@dagrommit Did I mention anything about Ubi suddenly deciding to remake a game? No. I'm merely pointing out that the information, requests, and arguments that have been posted numerous times by this committed few on the official forums has been in many cases echoed and supported by the numerous people among other forum venues.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1525 posts
    @dagronmit
    Still missing the point I see. Namely that it should be obvious by now that posting on the official forum carries no more weight than elsewhere, regardless of eloquence - or lack of. Doubly so given the number of people who do post here.

Instead, you prefer to scorn what was presumably an opportunity to be counted. While also complaining about not being counted.

Posting on this forum carries no more weight but yet I missed an opportunity to be counted?

Yeah, I am totally missing the point! 💯

On the other hand, it is my lost to have been counted out of a marketing survey no less because we all know how those are 100% real and not gimmicky at all, you are right and I stand corrected!

(where is that poop smiley when you need it)

• DNH_17
    239 posts

Yes I answered 2 of them, one was on the Job \careers and popped up and was pretty invasive somehow, they got tons of info, and the first one I got was yhesterday from here instead and anyway was on the Forum (which is clearly in development if you see from your profile settings you can understand that in many ways...)

Anyway Ubisoft for all that info (I)we give they should have gifted the user with Ubicoins even if I understand that the survey is anonimous, this still should have been gifted to players, maybe 50 per survey... u know so to have next time we buy something the discount they give 100 coins owners that wanna use those coins...

For the survey on the forum I of course posted many ideas especially stuff that related to GRW to try to improve and keep that.. but also on how a dev mod could behave like interacting more with us but also letting us know what they do like and not like, enabling convos, fluidifying convo, and bringin gaming company like ubisoft to a whole new level. The old way of game dealing must die.
    We must play and interact maturely between us and with devs because ahead is a future of co-creation and mutual learning, pretty deep... or no future. I suggested to see how EFT for example is handled by one of the Dev mods there, (Tobias Solem) and in general how the new form of game making should never try to fool players: if it's alpha testing you aknowledge it in front of players and of course work years in order to make a full game happen.

I just anyway focused on Forum in the survey did not went full scale pushy and critical... I just genuinely would like this Forum could be a start for something, and I see a lot of potential here in how it is built, in the people that are here... especially in what more than 50% of topics are on... and the posts... people also my fellow players mates are really concerned over where the immersive experience is gone since 2017 ... yeah.. They could have even just focused on GRW big DLC and people would have been crazy happy, even remaking GRW with the new anvilengine 2.0 power ... (many suggest it)... but now it's too late.

Since 2019 should take up to 2025 to make a new game. Hopefully a prequel to GRB aka sequel of WL, or just a prequel to WL...
    It takes at least 5 - 6 years to make a good game (for a company like Ubi it can't take more as they can't wait 8 years like real AAA makers, usually that's the time needed at least 8 years), however GaaS has changed everything. Now games bleeds for years with this pseudo content push in ... that shifted the focus on company needs (read greed) from player\ target audience satisfaction (through what was game design and deep writing\ game mecahnics development)

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@fcac-no-moe
    If you're not going to complete a survey to tell them what you want to see, then you have no right [censored] about the game.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@ltjasonwolfe So even if someone has taken the time to provide feedback on a forum for the game, because they have not taken some survey which they may or may not have even had access to means they can no longer complain about poor features and design choices in an effort to try and influence the direction of future games and updates? I've not taken nor even seen this new survey, does that mean my feedback is any less valuable than yourself, assuming you have taken said survey. Did I suddenly lose the ability to utilize this forum? Oh... nope, I can still utilize the forum and I will still point out the flaws in the game or "[censored] about the game" as you pointed out.

Suggested Topics