ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Terotac
    Original poster 4 posts

Hey,

I really enjoy playing the Far Cry games. My girlfriend and I have had a blast in 5 and are enjoying 6. The thing is we miss certain features that were present in Far Cry 5 but are now no longer available. I'm not sure how easy it would be to add this back in, but since many other features are more or less direct copies from game to game, I thought these would be possible.

• Add other melee weapons back in such as the bat, shovel and the best PUNCHING. I do enjoy the traditional far cry take-downs with a machete, but I had a lot of fun in 5 being able to take down people by punching them. It was fun to play through the game in a less lethal way. Being able to 'load' a punch and then hitting a guard on the back of the head was one of my favorite things! (also there is baseball equipment everywhere in Yara, except a bat that one could use). Also also I loved using the kick to smash open doors!
    • It would be nice to be able to switch weapons when driving a vehicle. In far cry 6 I always have to remember to switch my throw-able item before I get into a vehicle, as I can't change it once I'm in.
    • I would also like to switch my sex during the middle of the play-through. One was able to do it in 5 but again not in 6. Both my girlfriend and I are playing as the female Dani, but when we're playing together we would like to see the cutscenes with the Male Dani as well. Neither of us want to start a new game just so we can see them, as we'd loose all our progress...
    • Certain weapons from older games were my favorite and never made the leap to the next game. One of my favorite weapons, besides punching, was the semi-auto crossbow from Far Cry 4 - that thing felt amazing to use and it sounded great when fired! I also miss the sling shot from 5 and the flare guns from the past.
    • It would have been awesome to have encountered animals from previous titles at Anton's zoo, but sadly we only get to see a horse painted like a Zebra. This would have been the perfect moment to have animals like the elephant, rhino, tiger, tapir, komodo dragon, cassowaries, bear, demon fish, bison make another appearance. Also where are Anton's Viviro hippos?

ps. I am aware that the unarmed takedowns included neck snapping which is less non lethal, but I just imagined that next to being a deputy I was also a chiropractor.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• deussd
    3 posts

Add bayonet for muzzle options please....it was a pretty nice feature in New Dawn

also, add more variety of weapons please.

• Klyvyxa
    10 posts

@terotac @deussd I really would like to have the M-79 Rocket launcher changed from that category to sidearms category, like it is in Far Cry 3,4,5 and New Dawn.
    Right now one can only assign M-79 to slot 1-3 but I would prefer to have it in slot 4 as a sidearm, which make sense since it is an one-handed-weapon or sidearm.

It would be a marvelous weapon to have as a sidearm (slot 4), which I always had in Far Cry 3,4,5 and New Dawn - except for Far Cry 6 where this weapon is under rocket launcher category (slot1-3) and therefore I will not used it since I prefer to have other weapons occupying slot 1-3.
    Sadly because it is one of the most fun weapons especially useful on the road or from a zip-line.

Best regards from Sweden
    Picture from Far Cry 5
    undefined

• deussd
    3 posts

More of these WW2 bundles please:

Maybe one for each nations?

America airborne troops with M1 Garand of M1 carbine:

German Fallschirmjäger with FG42:

British Commando with Delisle carbine(Or any other cover operation weapons):

I don't know if it's just me or It's fun to bring historical reenactment in to Far Cry games? 🙂

• Kormac67
    1090 posts

I'd rather have 8 Weapons selectable instead of 3, sidearm and 4 gadgets (which I rarely use).
    3 gets you nowhere. Sniper rifle, rifle, grenade launcher. I miss shotgun and some resolver weapons in my loadout.

• dobrerano
    14 posts

@kormac67 That would be like GTA 😄

Suggested Topics