ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Killorio
    Original poster 97 posts

I finally managed to end the rerun of Season 4: End of Watch where the iconic Faye Lau became the HVT after being done very dirty at the end of Warlords of the New York expansion. I have been avoiding the spoilery details until now but I already knew she was "killed" and overall people were very, very displeased with that. And now I can safely utterly agree with them! Disastrous decision to make Faye Lau a traitor, which held no good pay-off at all!
    This betrayal from Faye Lau made no sense whatsoever in the first place, The Division was never shown to be "corrupt", these Black Tusk faction showed no better at all than The Division, on the contrary they just want to destroy The Division to run United States on the behalf on their still-mysterious benefactors, not to mention Black Tusk offered no help at all (no effort spent to help the people, only to conquer territories) to hunt and kill Aaron Keener (one of the alleged reasons Faye went rogue), which all merit is on The Division. I understand Faye was upset on The Division slow progress to rebuild the country and she was devastated for her sister's murder, but you should have at least made her go rogue to form her own faction or something. And there is the forced twist to make her kill President Ellis at his cabin at White Oak for the sake of shock value apparently since she had no particular reason for that, then instead of making us thank her (after all, Ellis was a TRAITOR thus deserved to die!), Kelso absurdly makes us KILL her and I did not want to do that! During our final battle Faye would taunt me that I "only followed orders" but the game gave me no choice and I am mad! I was really hoping she would at least be revealed to be a double agent, infiltrated at Black tusk to destroy it from within and help us with that, but not even this clever thing was used here. So I am forced to be mourn her death and I hate that.
    I am probably missing bits of story which would excuse her motivations to act so erratically (there are 2 audio logs missing for me) but the main narrative utterly failed to convince me Faye Lau being a traitor and getting killed were sensible things to do with her.
    After this long rant, I finally BEG you to bring Faye Lau back to Life, yes! Make her to have faked her death (using those reviving gadgets to recover her wounds) to be able to escape The Division wrath to later return as an informant to destroy Black tusk once and for all and then reinstated to The Division or at least disavowed but free to be her own agent. She could even become a playable character, at least at New York location. Especially because she was not buried not had her death officially confirmed by The Division administration. Faye Lau does not deserve to be wasted in such a pitiful way.

Meanwhile,
    REST IN PEACE, Faye Lau!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HaywardGG
    95 posts

@killorio You killed her, nobody made you do it. You could have skipped the manhunt, but you chose not to. Whether the narrative makes sense or not, you were the one who pulled the trigger and ended her life. You must live with that decision forever now. May God have mercy on your soul!

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    (...) And there is the forced twist to make her kill President Ellis at his cabin at White Oak for the sake of shock value apparently since she had no particular reason for that, (...)

(...) I was really hoping she would at least be revealed to be a double agent, (...)

Well, she in fact was a double agent. But her plan was not to help us (aka the Division) – she had her own agenda. And that agenda wasn't really a "forced twist" but something that was developed rather in the background throughout various intel: She saw Ellis as a traitor and a threat that needed to be removed. She once joined the Division to server her country and to protect it when society falls. Thus she blamed the Division for not hunting Ellis by any means necessary, she began to think of the SHD to be too weak to do what needed to be done.

And this is where her own agenda comes to play. She decided to join the BT in order to be able to get close enough to Ellies and kill him – something she didn't expect the Division to be capable of. And she would not have been allowed to execute him at all in the first place, since he still was the POTUS after all. It probably would have been a more Division-like way to capture him and bring him to justice. Something which Lau probably saw as another weakness of the SHD.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

The lack of sentences in that second paragraph 😑

This betrayal from Faye Lau made no sense whatsoever in the first place, The Division was never shown to be "corrupt"

Faye's issue with the Division was that she didn't see them as being effective anymore - that's why she infiltrated the Black Tusk.

I was really hoping she would at least be revealed to be a double agent, infiltrated at Black tusk to destroy it from within and help us with that

She was a double-agent. The audio log between Viper and Circe can be read as implying she leaked all the intel we have about the black tusk. As noxious notes, her primary objective was to get close to Ellis and eliminate him.

• Killorio
    Original poster 97 posts

@haywardgb You completely missed the point of my topic, but I will not bother to get you out of your malicious holier-than-thou patronizing. Telling me "May God have mercy on your soul" is the most irresponsible thing you could say. I really pity you.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

Someone has a serious, serious crash on Faye... and still killed her... 😲

• HaywardGG
    95 posts
    @haywardgb You completely missed the point of my topic, but I will not bother to get you out of your malicious holier-than-thou patronizing. Telling me "May God have mercy on your soul" is the most irresponsible thing you could say. I really pity you.

HAHAHAHA! Your girlfriend is dead, deal with it!

• HaywardGG
    95 posts

You flagged my posts (both of them) for something that is very clearly satire! Dude, you need to get outside more..

• Killorio
    Original poster 97 posts

@adrian-11 Because I am supposed to feel proud killing all my targets, riiiight. As a longtime Hitman player one thing IO Interactive does great to make us okay to kill targets in the most varied and brutal ways is to make them worthy to be killed, and even on few times 47 canonically killed non-targets was strictly for self-preservation. With Faye Lau, though, she was not made remotely close to being worthy, Massive/Ubisoft just decided it was cool to make her a villain and stitched filmsy excuses for that.

@dagrommit I am aware of Faye's dissatisfaction with the "ineffectiveness" of The Division and she wanted to kill Ellis. But she explicitly out said during her final mission The Division was corrupt just did not elaborate at all. One thing that could have made her claim more justifiable would be Black Tusk would be manipulating her with false intel to convince her President Ellis would be cooperating with Aaron Keener or even forge evidence Ellis had something to do with her sister death, as collateral it would be; this would make Faye Lau hypocrite since her assassinating Ellis would be nothing but a personal vendetta.
    Speaking of Aaron Keener, she had a grudge with HIM, not Ellis. I would get it if she had agreed to join Black Tusk to kill Aaron Keener since he was elusive to The Division so she at Black Tusk would have a better chance to get to him or at least disrupting his plans to weaken him, which is kind of what happened back in Warlords of New York campaign; but then she was trapped with Black Tusk and be forced to keep working with them. Actually, it would have been better if she was made a target but was revealed she was a mole for The Division and would have arranged the meeting with Ellis to help us capture him, but things would go south and Faye would be killed instead by Black Tusk agents, then we would go after and kill her killers later in the mission and Ellis would refuse to be captured so he would become the final boss of White Oak mission, but I think making POTUS a boss fight is waaayy too sensitive for Ubisoft. So in the end Faye Lau was made this pitiful patsy as I had explained.

• Killorio
    Original poster 97 posts
    You flagged my posts (both of them) for something that is very clearly satire! Dude, you need to get outside more..

You are hopeless, don't try to excuse yourself with this "satire" rhetoric.

• HaywardGG
    95 posts

@killorio You got me, I was being serious. I'm also being serious when I tell you that Faye is alive and living in my bedroom right now. She said that she's breaking up with you because you tried to kill her. She didn't really die of course, because you killed her clone (that will be explained in the next season). 😄

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@killorio I'm not going to debate this with you as it's a question of interpretation. The devs have made it clear they're not changing the way the story has panned out thus far, so all you can hope for is some additional explanations in the future content.

• P0ker-Face
    20 posts

Faye Lau was an utter loser. At least Kelso sorta helps.

• Killorio
    Original poster 97 posts

@dagrommit No further interpretation needed. Making Faye Lau bas was bad with no good justification nor delivery. Ubisoft can and should change her fate for the better.

• V4MPiR1
    213 posts

I agree. I hope they reanimate her in a The Walking Dead crossover so I can put a pike through her cranium. The good news is, she'll already have a pilot hole there. 😀

• LateNiteDelight
    990 posts

Why are people so attached to Faye? Because she was the first character they met?

Those folks always end up betraying you in cheesy spy/military novels.. um, which is exactly on brand for Tom Clancy.. plus, "she was doing it for the right reasons", right?🙄

Remember, ISAC never declares her deceased, so the door is still open.. though I gave her 10 ACS-12 rounds point blank to her face, so don't hold your breathe ..

• Faye_is_okay
    6 posts

@killorio I'm with you, bro!

And to the players who blame you for pulling the trigger (as that was your own decision), I should say that myself I had to do it as I thought I could not progress further unless I complete this mission. And I didnt pull it, until I understood there was no other way to complete this mission.

Though - re-runs? Only to get all her comms, and not one single time any more! Simply cannot take her down again. Feels SO WRONG!

And the whole mission itself feels so wrong - Kelso wants us to KILL Faye right here right now urgently, as otherwise Ellis' death would be put onto the Division. WHAT? Isn't our beloved ISAC recording everything? So how the blame could be put on us then? And WTH to KILL, but not to arrest? And WTH, since when are we accepting orders from this neurotic Kelso?

The mission's ending is a total disgrace of Massive story-writers. Faye has been the strongest character in the whole series and she was just erased in such a stupid manner. I was hoping so much that Season 4 re-run which we had whole winter 2021-2022 was something leading us to the new content where her name could be mentioned again, and some explanations/progress/spin-off/whatever else would be given, but no, we have Hornet manhunt re-run now.

• jdkzombie
    10 posts

I know we always joked about her bum leg and [censored] back in Division 1, but to make her a villain in 2 seems ridiculous.

We got a stitched together BS story and a cheesy [censored] boss fight on a same old same old [censored] map, and not even a final cutscene like we got with Aaron Keener.

If she was supposedly some huge double agent power player, don't you think we deserved a better delivery and execution of it instead of a rehash of the same manhunt [censored], the same take over control points, do missions....do bounties....?

WE deserved a real enemy. Faye was not our enemy. I could understand her going rogue or some sort over her sister, but once we killed Keener, why have Faye be a enemy? You have Hornet as a manhunt right now....bro we murdered the f*** out of Hornet in Division 1. Dead. Completely dead. I've killed that dude outside the police station using every set, every weapon, every kraft mac and cheese way, and watched his lifeless body fall to the ground and spit out loot. So why is he a goddamn manhunt target all of a sudden? You guys can resurrect Hornet, but not give us a PROPER Faye to fight?

Shame.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

Next on the hit list - Kelso and Manny!!!

• AgentMikel
    180 posts

Maybe they will resurrect Keener, too! 😊

Suggested Topics