ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

Completely agree. For me its so boring that it makes the manual for my fridge seem exciting. I've played all the previous titles and this one isnt even close to them. The characters are all annoying and forgettable. I have always despised the good guys in the FC series as the villains have so much more character but wow I despise the guerillas in this game on another level.

The hand holding is the usual Ubi excessiveness and while most of it can be disabled not ALL of it can.

FC6 is beyond all doubt for me a Just Cause DLC. I spend my time driving around slaughtering civilians. A pity also theres no dismemberment like in Fallout 4.

Theres just one thing good about it and thats the open world which is really amazing. Ubi excels at that. The problem is that all the eye candy in the world CANNOT hide the boring boring boring boring gameplay and story.

I dread to think what FC7 will bring. But for me, its back to Montana, Kyrat, the Rook Islands and then Africa.

• flybyme
    212 posts

@dv20katana You must live a boring life then.

• GameGuru2018
    311 posts

@dv20katana

How should your perfect Far Cry look like???

Imagine, you're The Boss.
    You have a big influence on the development of the game.

How your ideal Far Cry will look like?😨

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@dv20katana The game is a cursed chimera of Destiny and Just Cause, and it exposes the developers' absolute lack of understanding of what makes Far Cry compelling.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts
    How should your perfect Far Cry look like???Imagine, you're The Boss.You have a big influence on the development of the game.How your ideal Far Cry will look like?

The answer for me is easy - look back at Far Cry 2 and what made that game so great. Zero hand holding, a kind of dark serious undertone, no clown elements like attack rooster, pet bear and crocodile with bandana.

Yes - FC2 has some HUGE annoyances as well. The malaria gets old fast and lets not forget the highly annoying insta-respawns. But Im addressing the general feel of the game. You really felt like youre all alone in a very hostile place. It really felt Far Cry.

This is not to ignore FC3 & FC4 which are also excellent. Again they felt "Far Cry" with their trademark towers. And how much fun was huting in FC4 specially the legendary creatures for the Fashion Week! Pagan was brilliant.

The mercs in FC3 on the north island were awesome. So I would look to the past for inspiration.

For a new FC game I would never have the clown circus elements like animal following, fantasy weapons and fantasy super powers. If FC gamers still want that then I would give the option to have a Hardcore Mode. With one menu item switch it will enable a mode where there are no super powers (tagging, xray vision etc) and such things are not available in the menu. Crucially - players who use this mode will be rewarded MUCH MORE when they play the game. It will be a totally separate save file kept apart from the Regular game.

I would definitely add dismemberment which other games in this genre have been doing for ages, ridiculous that FC series still does not have it. Again id make this an option so gamers always have a choice.

I would also get rid of the babysitter moralistic nonsense - "Do not shoot civilians!" no, just no. We should be allowed to do whatever we like. Including slaughtering civilians ( the most fun part of FC6).

I would strive for weapon realism and flight model realism. The flying is horrible in FC games. Im not asking for flight simulator realism. Instead just look at GTA5 which gets the flight just right.

I would aim for a darker more brooding game. In effect lessons from FC2/3/4 all meshed together.

Most of all I would try to DISTANCE myself from the Just Cause franchise. FC6 is utterly a Just Cause DLC. I have never felt JC vibes in any of the previous Far Cry titles but with FC6 im convinced the entire dev team are huge JC fans. Dani to me is utterly Ricos younger brother. Right down to his mutterings and quips - just like what you hear in JC3 and JC4.

The game is a cursed chimera of Destiny and Just Cause, and it exposes the developers' absolute lack of understanding of what makes Far Cry compelling.

@Sleezure - you said it perfectly. What I rambled on and on about you have encapsulated very well in one sentence. Agree totally!

• GameGuru2018
    311 posts
    How should your perfect Far Cry look like???Imagine, you're The Boss.You have a big influence on the development of the game.How your ideal Far Cry will look like?

The answer for me is easy - look back at Far Cry 2 and what made that game so great. Zero hand holding, a kind of dark serious undertone, no clown elements like attack rooster, pet bear and crocodile with bandana.

Yes - FC2 has some HUGE annoyances as well. The malaria gets old fast and lets not forget the highly annoying insta-respawns. But Im addressing the general feel of the game. You really felt like youre all alone in a very hostile place. It really felt Far Cry.

This is not to ignore FC3 & FC4 which are also excellent. Again they felt "Far Cry" with their trademark towers. And how much fun was huting in FC4 specially the legendary creatures for the Fashion Week! Pagan was brilliant.

The mercs in FC3 on the north island were awesome. So I would look to the past for inspiration.

For a new FC game I would never have the clown circus elements like animal following, fantasy weapons and fantasy super powers. If FC gamers still want that then I would give the option to have a Hardcore Mode. With one menu item switch it will enable a mode where there are no super powers (tagging, xray vision etc) and such things are not available in the menu. Crucially - players who use this mode will be rewarded MUCH MORE when they play the game. It will be a totally separate save file kept apart from the Regular game.

I would definitely add dismemberment which other games in this genre have been doing for ages, ridiculous that FC series still does not have it. Again id make this an option so gamers always have a choice.

I would also get rid of the babysitter moralistic nonsense - "Do not shoot civilians!" no, just no. We should be allowed to do whatever we like. Including slaughtering civilians ( the most fun part of FC6).

I would strive for weapon realism and flight model realism. The flying is horrible in FC games. Im not asking for flight simulator realism. Instead just look at GTA5 which gets the flight just right.

I would aim for a darker more brooding game. In effect lessons from FC2/3/4 all meshed together.

Most of all I would try to DISTANCE myself from the Just Cause franchise. FC6 is utterly a Just Cause DLC. I have never felt JC vibes in any of the previous Far Cry titles but with FC6 im convinced the entire dev team are huge JC fans. Dani to me is utterly Ricos younger brother. Right down to his mutterings and quips - just like what you hear in JC3 and JC4.

The game is a cursed chimera of Destiny and Just Cause, and it exposes the developers' absolute lack of understanding of what makes Far Cry compelling.

• Znrdy
    5 posts

I wish I looked up the reviews of this game before I bought it...
    I'm so disappointed.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

@GameGuru2018
    I cant argue with that, Im well aware that FC2 is the most hated in the series - I found elements of it annoying to.

I feel FC7 should take the bests from 1, 2,3,4 & 5 is what I was getting at. Lets just lose the teleporting that was in 5 and hope we never see that again 🙄

@Znrdy
    I got it on sale for like $11 and I feel the same. Glad the $ hit isnt huge. The world of Yara is extremely well done fun to explore, but surprisingly the engine is not capable of small but immersive things - like you cannot shoot out lights for some reason.

Did you get it at a sale price also?

• Znrdy
    5 posts

@DV20Katana
    I did not...

Suggested Topics