ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rickidoo2010
    Original poster 128 posts

My suggestion for UBI. I would have loved to have an optional ending that I could choose instead of an ending that left me feeling sad. Lord knows there's been plenty of sadness to go around over the last few years.

Think back to the (real) first Star Wars movie. The one where Princess Leia and Luke and Hans and friends were fighting against a ruthless regime.... and won... at least the day. Isn't that the underlying plot of FC 6? Yup!

The last scene of the movie is where Luke and Hans are getting medals from the Princess and everything is golden. Even the droids are happy.

Now take the same star wars movie, have darth vader kill princess Leia violently and slice c3po into 1000 pieces. And in the follow on scene we hear Hans smuggling some new wonder poison to darth vader.

Kinda would make me feel like I've invested myself into the story for nothing. It would be a story I'd never want to invest in again.

I'm not saying Far Cry's must have a "Happy Hollywood" ending... but what would be the harm in giving us the choice of endings? The game touts so much "choice" for the player but as of now, the most important choice is denied. A game like FC has it over a movie due to player choice... except not at the end.

Just saying, it would be a great thing to offer - choice. With all the stuff that is going on in the world, I really don't need my entertainment kicking me in the groin. I'd rather live happily in fantasy than sadly in reality.

Choice would be a super thing to offer.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics