Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RietN7
    Original poster 16 posts

i saw i could buy a second Hel's scythe at the event merchant. So why not right?

i updraded it to max and when i tried equipping both Hel's scythes my game started freaking out lol.

the runes would merge into the same scythe and a third scythe showed up in my inventory. after that the scythe in one hand would drop to the ground and i can throw it, main issue with the bug tho. the actual weapon drops from your inventory as well, i tried it out with gungnir and random other weapons and they would all fall.

Luckily i had a save from before the purchase so crisis averted.

i tried loading a save with the 2x scythes still in my hands, and they ended up loading in mid air.

Have fun playing around with the glitch, just make sure to keep a clean save.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    274 posts

@rietn7 Amazing. 😂

I noticed that Norvid is still trying to sell me the scythe even though I own it. I figured he was just being a scam artist like Reda. I had no idea they were actually disposable. lol.

• TheNorfolkian
    836 posts

Something weird happened... I checked Norvid’s store and all that remained was the hair stuff, so I went to go pick up more tokens, but after returning to Norvid, I found that he was offering Hel’s Scythe again. I had already acquired it a while back, but it is strange to see it in the store again.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFeScLdbsMBmSpXnaAXu_d7Vgy4?e=CfdvOY

Edit: Someone else has reported this in the General Discussion forum, so here’s more information showing what happens when two or more are acquired. @Ubi-Woofer Can you see about getting the devs to resolve this issue ASAP? Thanks.

• TheNorfolkian
    836 posts

@rietn7 Oh wow... that is crazy. I just now posted a similar topic in the Player Support forum. I’m glad to see that this bug is not something I’m just seeing. I’m going to tag your topic there so that it goes through the proper channels.

Edit: I also find it really interesting that you were able to throw the scythe. Seems that throwing weapons is not limited to just standard enemy weapons.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 809 posts

@thenorfolkian @RietN7

Hey there folks!

Thanks for the reports. I can confirm the development team are aware of this issue and it's under active investigation at the moment but thanks for bringing it to our attention. I have moved the other thread from general discussions over to Player Support and merged them together just to keep things in one place. As soon as we have any updates on this we'll share these to the forums. Cheers!

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    836 posts

@ubi-orion Would you mind deleting my post since you’ve merged it into this other thread?

• bielik01
    1303 posts

@rietn7 nice 😂
    Do you have have this on video?

• DawnThornRipper
    1 posts

@ubi-orion While you are guys are investigating this, would it be possible for us to keep our double scythes if we decide we want them? I worked to try and get both scythes unaware that there was a glitch. I was really hoping to wield them both without issue. If that's possible, I would greatly appreciate it.

• SmplJakMySchlng
    1 posts

I purchased the scythe twice with intentions of dual weilding, which I see from these forums isn't supposed to happen. But I've upgraded the one scythe and went to equip the other and the upgraded scythe went back to the base level. After this I quit out of the game and now both are the same upgraged level. Also, it costs double to upgrade so I lost extra upgrading materials. I'm scared to sell one of the scythes in fear of losing both. Should I wait for a patch?

• TheNorfolkian
    836 posts

@smpljakmyschlng You shouldn’t have obtained the second one to begin with, as it was bugged. If you can, load to an earlier save to avoid future problems.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Hey @smpljakmyschlng thanks for letting us know this.

We understand the scythe can reappear at Norvid's shop after already purchasing it. Please avoid selling this extra scythe for now, as it could cause an issue down the line as TheNorfolkian is quite right. If you can load a previous save, from before you obtained the second scythe please do. If you can not, please wait for this issue to be patched in the game.

In the meantime, I will let the team know about this behavior with the upgrading you mentioned, thank you.

Official Response
  • Jeremy7071xx
    2 posts

@ubi-milky
    I got the 2nd scythe too. After upgrading the 1st one, I got the 2nd and both became base level again. I lost all the upgrade materials, and runes.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Thanks for confirming this too @jeremy7071xx if you can, try to load up a save from before you acquired the second scythe, if you don't have one of these save files, I would hold off upgrading any of the scythes until we can hopefully patch this, as we can't guarantee the upgrade will be saved or the materials used will not be lost as you expereinced!

Official Response
  • Jeremy7071xx
    2 posts

@ubi-milky
    I did load a previous save. The 1st time Instill had both and the 1st scythe was fully upgraded and with runes. It didn’t change until I hovered over the 2nd scythe. Then both were at base level. I loaded an earlier save before I purchased the 2nd scythe and the 1st scythe remained at full upgrade. Thanks for the info.

• dragon65776657
    1 posts

Hel's scythe randomly duplicating, including all upgrades along with enhancements and the runes that was in the original scythe

• Thouvert
    1 posts

Bought 2, have 3. All have same Rune slotted in too. Cool bug, still thought worth mentioning lol

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2846 posts

Hi @dragon65776657 @thouvert apologies for the late response.

Thanks for reporting the issue with Hel's Scythe. I can confirm this is a known issue and it has been reported to the development team.

I have merged your posts with an existing thread we have for this issue.

Official Response
  • jaceiondale
    1 posts

it costs double to upgrade so I lost extra upgrading materials. I'm scared to sell one of the scythes in fear of losing both. Should I wait for a patch?
    Speed Test

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 993 posts

@jaceiondale Hello there.

You're welcome to hold off on selling one scythe until a fix is released, however we're unable to confirm an ETA on this.

Regrettably we're unable to guarantee selling this scythe won't result in both items being sold. We appreciate your patience while we investigate the issue. Once we have more news to share we'll be sure to let players know.

Thanks again!

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1303 posts

@ubi-nacho how can one sell a weapon?

Suggested Topics