ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• madelineb157
    Original poster 3 posts

I just finished the first Oskoreia cutscene. It automatically started after my game loaded coming back from a river raid. Since the cutscene finished, Eivor and the camera have been completely unresponsive to any buttons I push on my controller, including the left and right sticks. I can't move, turn the camera, aim my bow, do a light or heavy attack, etc. I can hit the map button and go to the pause screens/map. While on there, I can move my cursor and select things like normal. I am on Xbox One. I have tried restarting the game, restarting the Xbox, using a different controller, using a different Xbox.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

As Oskoeria has now ended, we will be marking this issue as "Resolved." We will also be locking the thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with any other festivals in-game, please don't hesitate to create a new thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ballhawk41
    1 posts

After completing "Targeted Strategy," I can't move at all in England. I fast travel to other places like Ireland and Francia and I can move just fine but once I go back to England, I can't move anything as my controller is basically useless. It doesn't matter where I fast travel to in England either, as I can't move no matter where I go. Is anyone able to assist?

• sig-fried
    2 posts

Can't move or operate camera view, quick action wheel is not available controls basically locked.

Controls all work when in other menu's but not in game !

Game is currently utterly broken - any news on a fix / known issues ?

• LethalCloud
    1 posts

@sig-fried same problem here too .. after i speak with aywin or whats his name ... can't do anything just inventory or worldmap .. i try teleport to other place the same i cant' move char or camera .. reload every save the same .. can't play

• Gmitr1004
    2 posts

Can't move or operate camera view, quick action wheel is not available controls basically locked.The character is unable to make any move at all.

All the other maps are playable as normal, no issue. Only England is stuck in Ravensthorpe. Also all the previous saves are bugged too.

• Gmitr1004
    2 posts

@sig-fried same here unfortunately!!!

• Blake_Says94
    4 posts

@sig-fried Same. It better be fixed before I can't earn a mfing unicorn

• dustyd29
    1 posts

I can only access menu and map

• Ilpperi
    1 posts

I got to shooting a round at the targets. Accidentally pressed triangle (PS4, duh) and talked and refused to shoot again. Camera and character were stuck and L2 didn't bring up bow. Raven wasn't available and no quick actions (these two were intended I guess.) Could the problem be in that? A bug that stops others from working when it's only supposed to make raven and quicks not to work? Dunno, just a hunch.

• madelineb157
    Original poster 3 posts

@sig-fried Exact same problem for me! I have tried everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game to fix it, but nothing has worked! I even tried using a different Xbox, and no change.

• rrazkal
    1 posts

Having the same issue. Not able to move. Teleported and still nothing. Hope the do patch fix soon.

• B4lber0
    7 posts

Same problem, came back from the river raids, had the cutscene for the feast, and then my Eivor could not move at all. I can still go in the menu, I can even fast travel wherever but as soon as I land I'm stuck in the same static pose (which is funny when you travel to a place where you are supposed to be crouching). My quick action wheel will not open but I can still use the horn and the fishing rod (trying to fish allows me to move the camera but stops as soon as I pocket the line). I'm on PC, I wanted to try the workaround from the Unwelcome bug where you bump the World Detail to Ultra High but I'm already on the highest spec so it didn't work.

• B4lber0
    7 posts

Same problem, no movement allowed in the world, be it from eivor or the camera, can do everithing in the menu though. I do want to be able to win the unicorn as well...

• FSOTG
    2 posts

Wanted to try Oskoreia Festival, so I watched the little story, then run around a bit in Raventhorpe, went to try the archery competition, the time start, Eivor doesn't have a bow in his hands, can't get one, can't shoot, can't do anything. After the 2 minutes, I tried again, nothing works, being a bit frustrated, I quit the game, later when I comeback, it's even worst, now Eivor is stuck in place and can't move at all. I can fast travel, but other than that, just can't do anything. I've reboot my XboxOne, but still the same results.

• Maddog_Massey
    1 posts

Same on the PS4 tried all sorts, just stopped moving any ideas on when this will be fixed?

• sig-fried
    2 posts

@sig-fried +later addition

Did full delete and reinstall because why the hell not. Still broken, no change - they once again knocked it out of the park with bugs on this game for real this game has been a running joke in terms of quality

• TheNorfolkian
    1491 posts

@madelineb157 Have you tried loading an earlier save?

• madelineb157
    Original poster 3 posts

@thenorfolkian Yes. I tried a couple of them. Even from before my game updated. It didn't help.

• TheNorfolkian
    1491 posts

@madelineb157 Hmmm, that sounds pretty bad. Do you think you can provide a video clip showing this problem repeat itself? @UbiStorm Can this be investigated?

• rogosaurus_rex
    2 posts

After the new update Eivor is unable to move. Started a quest inside the festival. The one were I was gonna follow the fire into the woods.
    Tried to restart the game and fast travel, but still can’t move..

Best regards
    -Roger

Suggested Topics