ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-xBx0mneF
    1 posts

@rogosaurus_rex
    I’m having the same exact issue after the update and the festival. After I was talking with someone it froze. I left the animus and was able to move around, re-entered and was able to move around in the loading screen. As soon as it loaded where I last saved I couldn’t move.

Are you also able to fast travel but not move?

• MetalDawn71
    34 posts

@rogosaurus_rex I have experienced the same thing after the new update. I was playing yesterday and I could not move when entering The Siege of Portcestre arc. There was a cut scene in the beginning and I had trouble getting Eivor to do anything. Eivor was frozen for about two minutes than I could get her to move. Again in the crypt...after the cut scene there.

Fast Travel, restarted the game...same thing. 😞

• OdlawJones
    1 posts

@guest-xbx0mnef
    Have same problem. When I go back to old save files I am able to walk around but anything I have done today will not work.

• alegiggi
    4 posts

@rogosaurus_rex I have the esame problem. I was doing the bow challenge and suddendly it froze. I can do fast travels but Eivor doesn't love.

• Hawkerr
    1 posts

Same on PS4. Game is now unplayable until a new patch is released. The only "control" I have over Eivor is the ability to aim with the bow, even then his model doesn't move, the camera just zooms in and that's only possible when in a loading zone. Besides that, I have no control over my character.

• Sirion-Guala
    1 posts

I have the same problem, Ps4... ¿what we have to do? I can't loading earlier save because its very old... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Zafnol
    2 posts

@madelineb157

After watching the oskeria festival cut scene, I cant seem to move my character and even the camera angles are not changing, no input from the controllers is working on this game except the menu access. I can only log in and start the game or log out and go to title screen. This happened after i installed the latest patch for the game. I have no earlier saves to bank on. Please provide a workable solution for my problem as soon as possible or this game will turn out to be the most utter disappointment in gaming in my life. Thankyou

• Zafnol
    2 posts

After watching the oskeria festival cut scene,
    I cant seem to move my character and even the camera angles are not changing, no input from the controllers is working on this game except the menu access. I can only log in and start the game or log out and go to title screen. This happened after i installed the latest patch for the game. Please provide a workable solution for my problem as soon as possible or this game will turn out to be the most utter disappointment in gaming in my life. Thankyou.

• sin_72
    2 posts

@rogosaurus_rex Yup, same here. Talked with the first guy I saw told me to go talk with the crazy dude now I can't move, use weapons or action wheel. I can fast travel to other maps like Norway and move there. It seems to be just England that's toast. Not starting over so I hope they come up with a fix soon.

• FSOTG
    2 posts

If I load a save from yesterday, it works, but I don't feel like getting this bug again, so I'll wait for some quick patch.

Here is a short video of the character unable to do anything...

When the camera moves in the loading screen it's when I touch the trigger to use the bow, in game it has no effect.

• fiIthypagan
    2 posts

Exact same for me. Can’t move after archery competition. I’m also on Xbox and I’ve tried all the same stuff with restarting, clearing cache, different controller etc but nothing will fix it.

• guest-eRSS6zG1
    1 posts

there was cut scene for Oskoriea festival and after cut scene, Eivor froze. he doesnt respond to my controller inputs. though I can go to map, move around on map or my inventory or skill tree menu. I am able to fast travel too but Eivor does responds. he just standing there like he is not getting inputs.
    this happened after the update. I cant do anything with the game.

• aN1Mp
    1 posts

@madelineb157
    Same thing for me here on PS5. I can travel to Norway and run around just fine, but upon return to England the character is completely stuck and unable to do anything: Move, Swing, Raven, Quick Action Wheel...
    Someone walked by me in my hometown and I was able to "Speak" but the movement bug persists.
    I can Fast Travel anywhere in England, but my character just remains standing and unable to do anything.

So sad, as I am probably only 2H from 100% completion 😞

• Butterflyunited
    1 posts

Same problem for me on ps4 played the archery minigame and after that the game froze. I can still travel to Irland and Norway and play but can not move or do anything when in England. I re-loaded an old save and that seems to be working but as soon as I try to do anything regarding the festival the same problem reappears.

• filarsson
    2 posts

As soon as I’ve watched the movie clip the game freeze, can’t move camera or character.. anyone solved it?? Tried to start another save but same thing.. can only acces the menu.. sucks..
    I’m on PS4

• filarsson
    2 posts

Same here, can’t move in England. Works with Norway and so on, but as soon as I travel to England I’m stuck… seriously.. love this game but there are so many bugs I can’t even count…..

• Guh_Paganato
    2 posts

@filarsson Hey man, I have the same bug... If u can solve, plz, write to me.

• Guh_Paganato
    2 posts

@rogosaurus_rex The same problem here... Where's Ubisoft Support??

• japanesedragon
    1 posts

Hi there,

Ubisoft sayd, the problem is knowed and will be fixed by a Patch.

They can´t say when the Patch will come, but they work on the Problem.

• Manx17
    12 posts

Experiencing repeated crashing during Oskoreia Festival on original Xbox One since update 1.4.0

6 or so crashes so far. Reasonable progress so far. Have completed all Oskoreia Festival quests up the one before speaking with the 'Mad Monk' (Can't remember the quest name off hand). Has crashed 3 times so far during the cut scene after speaking to him to turn it in. Starting to lose track of the number of crashes to the Xbox One dashboard now.
    Have completed all repeatable Token earning quests once each, bought the 'Hel's Scythe'.
    Crashing is random, but has mostly occured during cut scenes. Have also noticed significant stuttering, freezing and black screens mostly leading up to when the game crashes, but this is inconsistent and happens independent of crashing as well.

No such issues before update 1.4.0

This is ONCE AGAIN an issue occuring DURING a LIMITED TIME EVENT. I seriously hope another hot-patch is going to happen to fix all of the current issues plaguing the Oskoreia Festival asap followed by an extension of this limited time event in order to make up for this kind of loss of time for obtaining limited time items.

To any Ubisoft employee hired to respond to forum posts:

Please keep any apologies and platitudes to yourself. No one likes paying for improperly working products. This INCLUDES forms of entertainment media like a video game. Fix your game. Fix your game BEFORE releasing it to market for sale. Fix your free limited-time content meant to attract customers to your product. Nobody enjoys 'free samples' when they bite into food with a RAW piece of meat right in the middle and Ubisoft doesn't sell sushi... And nobody wants to buy an unfinished game except children and people with disposable incomes.
    Not the proper place for complaints?

No problem.
    Just keep your 'customer service' speak to yourself, or better yet, simply don't respond to this post.
    I don't appreciate the preset responses from customer service people and I don't need them.

This is just a place for bug reporting and I've just finished doing that.

If there's any other relevant details I can think of I'll add them on in the future.

Thnx.

It's been about a day after now. I've tried playing through the above quest several more times now. I've now found that the quest (still haven't memorized the name of it yet) consistently crashes at the moment Eivor references 'gaining the favor of the gods' while he/she gives their speech and the lightning strikes. The second the lightning crashes, the game does too. How ironic.

Seems to me there's too much going on at that moment for the game to handle. At that moment the game freezes, then a black screen flashes for less than 1 second, followed up by a random assortment of 1 or more character models all disassembled into their component parts as if a serial killer just had their way with them, but only for a moment. After which the game crashes to the Xbox dashboard.
    Looking back now, all the games crashes have occured to me within the confines of Ravensthorpe.

Aside from everything I've described above, I've only encountered some minor stuttering (frame rate drop, then the frames catch back up within the same instant... only 1 second of interruption at most) within the game since update 1.4.0, both inside and outside of Ravensthorpe.

Detailed enough??

Suggested Topics