ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OklMar
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello everyone. I have been buying Ubisoft games off steam for years. Lately, new games are only available only off the Ubisoft store. I really want to buy Watch Dogs Legion and Far Cry 6, but there is no Ubisoft store in Ukraine. I am redirected to Ubisoft store Russia. The problem is, that there is war between these 2 countries, and if I buy something with russian rubles this will be regarded as a suspicious transaction and additionally cost me a fee for currency exchange. Ubisoft has huge geographical restrictions, and games bought in a certain geographical region can be only played there, so buying EU version is also not an option for me. Is there any way I can buy these games without waiting a year before they are available on steam? Maybe from another store?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    385 posts
    Banned

@oklmar Ubisoft is no longer releasing they new games on Steam and they don't have any intention coming back.
    New Ubisoft games will be now available only on Epic and Ubisoft Connect.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2303 posts

Hello @OklMar thank you for reaching out to us!

If you are having trouble purchasing a game for your region and you are unable to access the Ubisoft Store in your area, we work with several other digital distributors that may be able to send you the version of the game you require.

Please see our list of other digital game distributors here to see if they can deliver your chosen game to you >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/purchases-and-rewards/article/approved-digital-distributors-of-ubisoft-games/000079502

Official Response
  • swdan
    14 posts

@oklmar you cant buy EU version without exploiting ubi store. thats how i got full english division a while ago

right now its like that

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1457 posts

Hey @swdan, thanks for your input and sorry about the difficulty you ran into.

Different regions have different dedicated Ubisoft Stores, therefore players/customers are only allowed to make purchases from their own dedicated Store, otherwise transaction will not be possible to be completed.

I have replied to your original thread about this, but may I check what is the reason you're attempting to purchase it from a different Store? Is it possibly due to language pack availability within the title?

Official Response
  • Bl00dyPastor
    1 posts

@ubi-karl in my case it would be the unavailable English language pack.

I would like you to consider this message an official request:
    Please make English language packs available by default for Ukraine-based customers. Possible options to do that:

1. Create a separate regional market for Ukraine
    2. Bind Ukraine as physical location to some other regional market as russian
    3. Allow either regional market or language choice for Ukraine-based customers.

You have to understand that in times of war like this having no choice of avioding occupant's language makes ukrainian players community sick and looking for a way to buy games from other regional stores using dirty hacks like VPN.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Hey there @bl00dypastor ,

Thank you for sharing this feedback, we appreciate it and it has been passed onto the relevant teams.

We can't make any guarantees at this time as to if or when any store region changes may be made, however should we hear anything regarding this matter from the team, we'll let you guys know on the forums.

Thank you and stay safe!

Official Response

Suggested Topics