ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

@harries44 No it don't. If others are not having problems like me then the problem lies solely on the user 100% and no one else.

• Woitaz1979
    2 posts

@noooobslayer +1, good update, not too working xD

• TrapKw33n
    1 posts

same its booting to a black screen for me too

• tcarlisle2012
    181 posts

Well, to be fair, not everyone is having this issue. I know it is no consolation to those that are effected.

And the fact that it doesn't affect all doesn't necessarily mean it is all on Ubisoft. Well, if we are talking about PC at least. Because there are a gazillion hardware/software combinations and you can't test them all. There is going to be some common thread between the ones with this issue, and it will be discovered and fixed -- either by changing game or uplay code, or the community will advise what can be done on the user side.

It would be helpful if those facing the issue could provide some detail. Game isn't starting is pretty vague. Do you get a splash screen? Do you get a spinning mouse cursor? Is there any indication the game is even trying to start? Are there any events in event viewer that align with the problem?

Of cousre, the standard troubleshooting, like closing everything not needed to play, to make sure other apps aren't conflicting. Turning off on screen notifications in uplay. Making sure you aren't running anything like RivaTNT, MSI Overdrive, etc. Then there are RGB lighting systems -- I lost count the number of times a games instability has been traced back to Corsairs RBG lighting middleware. Then there are audio middlewares, etc.

If I did all of that and still came up broken, I'd reboot into safe mode and use DDU to remove all remnants of the GPU driver and then reboot and load the latest. Lost count of how many issues that has fixed over the years.

Basically, the more we can get people to give, that arms us to better help. Its at times like this I wish I was effected, because then I could fix it and advise how.

• JHemp12
    6 posts

I saw you someone said verifying files didn't work. Last update broke the game for me. When I started the game all I would get was a black screen. Turns out, the update did not download the hd textures I had enabled. The hd textures were only downloaded after I verified the files. Wouldn't suprise me if this update left out something like that.

• Frohike79
    Original poster 17 posts

@snakefist420 Oh yeah? i9 9900K 64GB RAM RTX3090... Am I below specs? It was running super smooth before the update... So please dud... Cut the crap 🙂

• KaiTiger
    1 posts

having same issue, game goes to boot up and crashes when it starts syncing achievements.
    contacted support and went through there little list of typical troubleshooting before being told i need to learn how to clean boot and start programs 1 by 1 and deliver him a dxdiag and msinfo before they will investigate my problem.
    when i asked if i could get a refund cause the update has bricked my game and is no longer worth the $175 they asked for it, i was told sorry your game has been launched and is no longer refundable regardless of the fact it doesnt work.

• Frohike79
    Original poster 17 posts

@kaitiger Be wise in the future & dont spend your money on their crap.

• FINSandman
    2 posts

Same, "big update", and now game doesn´t start at all..... Fix it asap !

• Frohike79
    Original poster 17 posts

I've updated the game running ubisoft connect with admin rights on my Zephyrus G15 laptop [Ryzen9 32GB RAM RTX3080] like it was said by someone. Well... exactly the same thing happened... Game isnt starting. Im giving up on this [censored]...

• metasynapse_
    21 posts

@frohike79 it stinks DENUVO.....

• Frohike79
    Original poster 17 posts

@metasynapse_ What about it?

• marcinzt1
    6 posts

Still doesn't work! Ubi said smth about this situation?

• Frohike79
    Original poster 17 posts

@marcinzt1 They dont give a damn about players 🙂 They only want your money 🙂

• PatriotFireman
    21 posts

"Garbage pieces of [censored]" have been insulted by having been put in the same category as this game.

They seek an apology, and rightly so.

• Frohike79
    Original poster 17 posts

@patriotfireman I would call it more suggestive, but I could get a warning 😉

• phxrider
    67 posts

How can I tell I got an update? Nothing has changed other than I am getting a Vaas load screen... they didn't even fix the oversteer bug that makes it so I can never finish the game because airplanes just climb / dive forever even if you try to countersteer them. Useless.

Update: I can see I have files dated 11/16 including FarCry6.exe, so I got something in the background.... Completely ridiculous that they released something and didn't fix the vehicle steering bug. Ubisoft, I don't care about new features and DLCs (which I did buy, BTW), I want the base game to work right before I care about add-ons.

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

@frohike79 Hey dud not everyone is having problems. Only a select few. I'm having zero (0) problems running the game after the update and i don't even use intel. You have a ok set up lmao but since i'm using AMD and your using intel and having problems and i'm having zero (0) problems it must be something on your end dud. Btw did i mention that i have zero (0) problems after the update.

Asus Rog Crosshair VIII x570
    AMD Ryzen 5950x
    G-skill ripjaws v 128gb ddr 4
    MSI RTX 3090

So my pc is also far above specs and i have zero (0) problems.

• phxrider
    67 posts

And BTW, if a problem is widespread, even if it doesn't affect literally everyone, it's the developer's fault. If it was a few people it would be another story. Seems like Ubi needs to slow down a bit and get the big stuff right before worrying about DLCs and fixing obscure graphical bugs.

• dadantschi
    1 posts

so many players have the problem, that is a cheek and shame! Does anyone have any information from UBISOFT?

Suggested Topics