ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DarkFire1978
    Original poster 8 posts

Rebels - Literally worse than useless. I had a mission to destroy a number of vehicles in a base but with the proviso that if an alarm was raised the enemy would make off with one or more of the target vehicles. Not a problem I was thinking - I have maxed optical cammo, a very stealthy recon drone and sync shots from my team mates. Shouldn't be too difficult surely? So, I approached the enemy base and started my drone recon of the area.

5 seconds later some worthless amateur-hour rebels turn up at the front gate of the enemy base in a vehicle at which point they open up on the nearest enemy soldier with a damned minigun. Obviously the worthless rebels fail to hit or kill any of the enemy but before being taken out en-mass by an enemy rocket gunner they do manage to alert the entire enemy base, thus failing my mission because one of the vehicles I'm supposed to destroy takes off and flies away. Somehow I've also magically been identified at this point, following which an enemy radio operator starts calling in literally never-ending waves of reinforcements. Eventually my team and I fail to take down the (around) 20th helicopter and we get wiped.

I'd love to say that this was an insolated incident but it wasn't. Time after time after time, I try to stealthily recon and infiltrate an enemy base only for yet another bunch of amateur hour idiot rebels to turn up, ruin things and then die meaninglessly. So far I've been loving Operation Motherland but this was the last straw for tonight and I rage quit. Never done that before in Breakpoint 😡

Please, FOR THE LOVE OF (insert deity or belief system), can we PLEASE have it so that unless it's specifically necessary for the mission in question, there are NO DAMNED REBEL SPAWNS near objectives!

Rant over, I'm going to have another push at this another day.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    971 posts

As someone who has felt similar frustrations..

Has anyone seen an enemy besides the Bagman/SkellCredit jabroni take off?

I failed the first time this happened, as I wasn't expecting it. Second time I couldn't get to the Bagman before he took off, but shot down the helo and completed it. Third time I capped the Bagman immediately, then cleared the base without anyone else taking off.

• AvengerGR35
    61 posts

Agreed. The rebels are dumber than the enemies and the teammates combined. The first time I did the mission to rescue Ito, a random rebel patrol passed by and attacked the nearest enemy and sent the whole base into alert mode. Since I had no other choice I decided to join the fight. My teammates were wiped out after some heavy fighting with the enemies at the base and the reinforcements but at least they took out the radio operator so this gave me the chance to kill the remaining one's on my own. My advice? When you see rebels approaching the base you are about to infiltrate, kill them before they go near the base. That's what I started doing after they messed up my missions countless times. Otherwise you can just kill the enemies standing in the entrance of the base.

• Virtual-Chris
    798 posts

"Please, FOR THE LOVE OF (insert deity or belief system), can we PLEASE have it so that unless it's specifically necessary for the mission in question, there are NO DAMNED REBEL SPAWNS near objectives!"

LOL... 😄

It's unfortunate and dumb that the Outcasts seemingly engage randomly with no regard for their own safety. It would be fine if we could request a diversion at the main gate to a facility and have them show up when we want to start engaging. But I have to say, the most frustrating aspect of all of this, is not the Outcasts, but the reinforcement helicopters that automatically know your location, even if you haven't done anything, and you can't even use prone camo. It's a horrible mechanic. It's just best to die as quickly as possible and respawn to try and get a fresh start.

ps. the same situation with the helicopters can happen in the wilderness if the Outcasts start a fire-fight with a group of Bodarks with a Tactician. Your best bet is to wipe quickly.

Faction warfare in Wildlands was interesting and sometimes entertaining, and beneficial. Here it's just terrible.

• Steven527
    369 posts

@latenitedelight I don't think so. Basically if you can take out the bag man you are free to do what you want after that.

• LateNiteDelight
    971 posts

@steven527 what it seemed to me, I just have a SSS.

• DarkFire1978
    Original poster 8 posts

I eventually got through this mission without too much trouble. Worth noting that yet again the rebels turned up as soon as I approached the enemy base and briefly caused a fuss before their inevitable demise. However, I was able to take out the bag man before he took off in one of the target vehicles and that was that. The base was alerted but no further escape attempts were made. It's almost like the rebels turning up as you approach is scripted to make the mission more difficult. If this isn't random then I'm not convinced by this method of making missions artificially more challenging but anyway, got through it eventually.

• LateNiteDelight
    971 posts

@darkfire1978 There are two locations I've visited more than once [my run, plus joining friends] that always had the Rebels show. Certainly seems some are scripted.

Think of them as a cover story, and reason to test your ability to go fast/loud? 🤷

• Flanker1Six
    225 posts

🙏 doesn't work! Just sayin..........................., of course 🤐 and 🖕 didn't work either! 🤣

To me; there seems to be a fair bit of continuity between the demonstrated professionalism and effectiveness of the Outcasts NOW; with their long ago and highly storied birth.

The Ito Kids started the Outcasts long and glorious resistance to vicious facist oppression and tyranny by blowing up and incinerating a building full of their coworkers. Later claiming they were unaware of the building being occupied; despite seeing people coming and going from it, as well as lights inside being switched on and off in various rooms.

So here we are. The Outcasts today!

Useless indeed! 👍

• Steven527
    369 posts

I am pretty much ignoring the story line. I mean the whole idea of the "Auroan" people is ridiculous. They are skell tech employees, that doesn't make them a nation or indigenous culture. They would never get international recognition for anything. The homesteaders have a better shot having raised at least a generation on Auroa, but even that is a stretch.

I'm approaching it as an island that has a conflict I want no part of, I'm just there to do some missions to eliminate a strategic threat in weapons development. That the outcasts show up and blow up an OP is just part of things going pear shaped. I've actually shot a few to maintain secrecy in an OP. 🤠

As to Ito. The ending ...
    SPOILER!

I don't see the point of capturing the bad guy when Bowman says eliminate them. Ito and her brother should face criminal charges, not sure what the heck she is referring to in terms of outcasts being blamed when we are months out from the original mission. Just for the hell of it I did finish the campaign capturing all the bosses. Meh. From now on it is kill or.. kill.

As to being "Ghosts" everyone knows they were there. Hell they set up a base in Erewhon. Deniability in this OP is laughable.

• LateNiteDelight
    971 posts

@steven527 Ito is not only the worst, but a murderer of innocents.

Now, if Sigrid had asked me, maybe I would have captured boss lady, but sadly she can't 😥

#SecretSquirrel

• Gremlin-Cursed
    71 posts

@avengergr35 Yeah, they're complete idjits. Never, ever, ever free a rebel from captivity if he's anywhere near an enemy that must be taken alive; that moron will kill him. The only use that rebel hostages are is if there are more than three to be let loose (when you don't need to abduct an enemy). If there's a generator, kill it, and then free the rebels. They will divide the enemies' attention when you attack from the opposite side of that area of operations. Now, they're still pretty damned stupid, so don't expect much; they're cannon fodder, so plan accordingly.

However, with the new DLC, the Motherland conquest mode, the rebels have a degree of greater utility. This is because as you destabilize false flag operations, the rebels become more numerous. They're still pretty damned useless, though. Again, don't get your hopes up. The rebels in Wildlands, though, proved far more effective and useful in combat.

On a different tangent, I miss the challenges presented by Wildlands' jamming broadcasters.

• Gremlin-Cursed
    71 posts

@steven527 As you can see in your wanderings about this volcanic archipelago, there once was an indigenous culture; you see their stone carvings all over the place. There aren't any indigenes on any of Auroa's islands; Skell, or some other exploiters of third-world countries killed them all, wiped them out.

Basically, they're American capitalists.

• firekeeper203
    14 posts

@darkfire1978 yeah exactly one base is the fuel storage area

• Gremlin-Cursed
    71 posts

@latenitedelight It didn't take me too long to develop this habit when undertaking a mission involving A) Someone mustn't be allowed to escape, or B) a particular vehicle or vehicles must be appropriated or destroyed:

Scan the entire camp/outpost/site via a combination of intel grenades, aerial reconnaissance, and sensor drones, including nearby enemy concentrations, eliminating all the red spots from your HUD (die-hard purists, of course, shall ignore this), noting the positions of:

1. Bagmen
    2. Radio Operators
    3. Target Icons
    4. Rocketeers (it seems that the more difficult the mission, the more likely it may be that they'll explode when sniped, even when the skulls are carefully targeted)
    5. Snipers
    6. Camo-equipped enemies (these badboys will converge on your location, so either plan to move after firing, or lay mines along likely vectors of approach)

Depending upon the proximity of the bagman to other allies of his and target vehicles you don't want to screw your mission shall determine whom you strike first and then target next. If I decide not to eliminate the bagman first, then I plan upon immediately targeting end eliminating Mr. Moneybags next, before he has a chance to make good his escape. If you're a hands-on DIY-type ghost who likes it up close and personal, you can exercise a lot more leeway with fully-upgraded optical camouflage.

"Men plan, but bagmen laugh."

• Chunkie__Monkie
    47 posts

Has anyone seen an enemy besides the Bagman/SkellCredit jabroni take off?

That's all you need to do on these missions take the Bagman out first quietly then you can go about destroying the vehicles however you want as its the Bagman only that will try to escape in one of the vehicles

Suggested Topics