ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Steven527
    Original poster 384 posts

There must be a black hole in that room...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

@steven527

Bunch of Ingrates you Lot are... this is by far the best GR game ever! 💯

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@steven527
    This isn't that unrealistic, as anyone who has driven into a tunnel will tell you.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@steven527 They’ve nerfed all the ways to farm skell credits, but we’re still dealing with this 💩

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@ltjasonwolfe You’re joking right?

• MikeWeeks
    391 posts

@ltjasonwolfe Not the tunnels I've driven into, that's for sure ...

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@mikeweeks
    Then you haven't driven through any tunnels. Blindness going into and out of them is a common problem for motorists, one that has caused more than a few fatal accidents. Even well-lit tunnels have this problem, as they are not as brightly lit as the outside world. I would know, there are quite a few tunnels in Colorado. Any transition from bright natural light to a more dimly-lit interior will cause this. I've encountered it going into older buildings with sub-optimal lighting, darkened motel rooms, cabins, and even my parents' camping trailer. Hence why pirates wore eye patches - the idea was to keep one eye adjusted to the dark, so they could see better below decks than they normally would upon going below. The only way you can avoid even a slight decrease in acuity is for the interior to be as brightly lit as the exterior, or to use a lot of natural lighting. It is worth noting that the opposite occurs when going from a bright interior to a dark exterior.

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@virtual-chris
    No, I'm not. But then again, I actually pay attention to my surroundings when I'm out and about, so I notice things like this. You'd be surprised how harsh shadows can be. Of course, I'm also a photographer, so I am constantly aware of the light conditions in a given area.

• Steven527

@ltjasonwolfe but this isn't a tunnel. It's a door and a shadow line right down my side... not a tunnel transition in Colorado.

If you tell me this is normal in CO, I am gonna tell you to stop doing so much weed.

• MikeWeeks
    391 posts

@ltjasonwolfe Like I stated, not the tunnels "I've driven into". That's a statement of fact.

Walking into a darken window-less structure on the other hand, yeah there's some adjustments one has to make, depending on several factors.

Look again at the actual structure represented in the image, as well as the time-of-day. That looks natural? Only in this mess-of-a-game.

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@steven527
    I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in that picture. I think the camo effect is distorting the background in such a way as to make the shadow look more harsh.

In the original image, the shadow looks perfectly natural and exactly what I would expect for a shadow during that time of day. Shadows are soft at dawn, sharp at midday, then soften again at dusk. Bright lighting of any kind can also cause sharp shadows.

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@mikeweeks
    Yes, it looks natural. Having walked into similar structures in real life, I can tell you that is in fact what happens. Yes, there are windows, but they don't let in enough natural light to counteract the effect, mostly due to being in the walls, not the ceiling. That's why a lot of newer retail outlets rely more on skylights, rather than vertical windows to improve natural lighting.
    Also, if you haven't experienced this effect driving into tunnels, then you've never driven into a tunnel.

• MikeWeeks
    391 posts

@ltjasonwolfe Of course you're entitled to your option regarding that sharp, black, solid break in the image looking natural; that completely hides half the character - from a POV that also represents being right next to the character.

Indeed, as if there's a black hole right there ...

• LTJasonWolfe
    14 posts

@mikeweeks
    As I said, there are a number of cases where such an image can be obtained in real life. Whether you believer or not is your choice. Maybe go out into the world and pay attention to your surroundings a bit more, and you'll see things like this.

• MikeWeeks
    391 posts

@ltjasonwolfe

Not from that angle in the image - more likely if following from behind the character at some distance, approaching the open doorway..

Been out in the world for quite a few decades and indeed am aware of my surroundings; however thank you soooo much for just being you ....

• P4rk3R_817
    4 posts

@mikeweeks Legit question since I think it looks stupid too and doesn’t really appear to be an instance or eyes just needing to adjust to the contrast of light and dark- as I’m dubious this is modeled in the game… does it get lighter as you spend more time in that position as your eyes adjust- like what Jason is suggesting it may be relating to with his mystical tunnels?

i mean yeah walk from a light environment to a dark one and Things take a minute to even out- same as going from dark to light- an opposite effect I also doubt is modeled in game… in support of what you guys are saying.

So okay maybe that’s some pseudo effect of going from light to dark in game but I’m quite certain he’s just glamorizing that potential since it’s extremely unlikely to be intentional by the same developer who put warp speed lines around your helicopter when it’s flying forward.

• Steven527

@p4rk3r_817 keep in mind this also isn't the only entrance to the structure in the first pic. In a tunnel the only light source is the entrance, not so for this so the room shouldn't be pitch black. In the second pic the light source is below me so should not cut off at my waist.

@LTJasonWolfe put the bong down. I warned you about eating the gummies, the cookies and hitting the bong all at the same time. There is no way the lighting in either pic is natural. It is an aspect of how Ubi decided to implement lighting in this game and it is awful.

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in that picture. I think the camo effect is distorting the background in such a way as to make the shadow look more harsh.

what camo effect? A ghillie suit. That's reaching.
    Compare the above to Wildlands

and this is a tunnel..

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1285 posts

Help me Obi-wan-Kenobi!

• Steven527

@fcac-no-moe I'll try young jedi but you must use the force to bend light.

here is the my view when playing

here is what should be my view given my character's position.

• ArgimonEd
    193 posts

@ltjasonwolfe yes, there are situations where you'll have to adjust your vision when entering a dark place and the time it takes to adjust will depend on the disparity between the illumination between the two environments, but not the way it is currently in the game.
    As the image presented by Steve shows, it's literally almost as you had a pool/lake/pond of darkness.
    Unless darkness and light were physicall things, things that can be touched. This wouldn't happen.(unless you are swimming to the abyss, but we are above surface in this game)
    As well as the other point, since the light particles enter the room, it should be something gradual and not (again) a pool of pitch black.

@Steven527 what platform are you playing? Man.
    I do encounter my gripes with the illumination in game, specially at night, but never have witnessed something like what you are experiencing

Suggested Topics