ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Solved [RESOLVED] [16 Nov, 2021] [PC] Game won't launch / Black screen at launch following hot fix | POST HERE

43 Likes/913 Replies/21737 Views
    henridog73
    1 posts

Really annoying.
    new laptop today G15 Dell, bought Farcry 6 straight away to test it.
    Glitched, wont launch.
    Ubisoft help unavailable when I tried to post the glitch.
    I assume it is either the patch or windows 11 but really wish I had tried another title instead.

• mikebjork81
    1 posts

Same here, the latest update broke the game. I could play the game without issues before the update. I’m on Windows 11.

Like many have pointed out:
    The game crashes to desktop after the splash screen.

I’ve also tried all the “standard” troubleshooting steps. I’ve also reinstalled Windows 11 and re-downloaded the game 3 times. Fix this Ubisoft!

• trymer11
    5 posts

For everyone who does not start (load) the game after downloading the November 16 update.
    I changed the keyboard language in the Windows from Polish to English (USA) and the game work fine.

• erkul01
    1 posts

having same problem after update , well done UBISOFT

• ysma500
    1 posts

@baniako91 I'm going to add some traffic on this comment, as it is a simple and clear fix 😄

There is one solution to the problem.Go to Far Cry 6 folder, then to "bin_plus" folder, copy all files, then paste these files to "bin" folder.It's a shame that Ubisoft didnt do anything for 4 days. Most of the time I got this game I can't play it becouse of updates or crashes, so its last time I've bought Ubisoft production.
  • Ganon12788
    2 posts
    @baniako91 I'm going to add some traffic on this comment, as it is a simple and clear fix 😄
    There is one solution to the problem.Go to Far Cry 6 folder, then to "bin_plus" folder, copy all files, then paste these files to "bin" folder.It's a shame that Ubisoft didnt do anything for 4 days. Most of the time I got this game I can't play it becouse of updates or crashes, so its last time I've bought Ubisoft production.

Still doesn't work for me. It gets as far as saying it's warming up the pso cache and the crashes. Never even got to play the game. Used a site to make sure I had all the required specs. I do even if I don't have the recommended ones. This is ridiculous. Never had this issue with any other game I've ever played on this laptop.

• VernonHunter
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney We've been waiting for over a week, nothing helps, far cry 6 needs an update, no talking. How long we have to wait ...
    how much longer do we have to wait for you to deal with this

• Ghostflasher
    3 posts

@trymer11
    Thank you! It worked.

• Escapextacy
    3 posts

@levis2000 same here

• zikat78
    1 posts

@henridog73 Same problem .Tried everything : Changed keyboard to US, Installed game 3 times. updated driver, deleted Save files ...
    Solution: Copy bin_plus to bin directory. After that check files using Ubisof connect.
    It  founds corrupted filles and download fixes.
    When you want to start the game use Ubisoft connect - games - right click - play.
    Do not use the shortcut on the desktop. Whenever I use the shortcut on the
    desktop the problem reappears - then I need to repeat above procedure.

• BloodAngel569
    26 posts

@ubi-viral I verified multiple times, then I reinstalled the game. Still no luck. This is getting ridiculous, it has been 5 days now. Are there plans to fix this or do you guys at Ubisoft need more input? Are there logfiles I can provide?

• RRS.RU
    16 posts

I do not understand anything at all what is going on here. I am at a loss and indignation. 5 days Yubisoft cannot fix the problem of the latest update. It is impossible to play, constant crashes to the desktop. How is this even possible? All file integrity checks have been done. But nothing happens.

• WaFn_Ragnar
    1 posts

@baniako91 THANKS MAN !!! It worked !

• asaphu46
    1 posts

I delayed this last update, because i had problems with the previous, but then the only option is to play offline. Now I ran the update, and the game did not start at all. In fact it started twice according to task manager, but quit immediately. Then I verified the files, it repaired some and now it works. HOW HARD IS TO DOWNLOAD A COPY OF A FILE CORRECTLY IN 2021?

In the previous update I had the same problem, but it downloaded like the whole game again then when verifying, so I guess it reverted the game to a previous state, not installing the update in fact.

• BloodAngel569
    26 posts

The bin_plus -> bin workaround did work,m thanks @baniako91 for the tip.

It's actually just 4 files that are different, but you might as well copy the whole directory.
    amd_ags_x64.dll,bink2w64.dll,FarCry6.exe,FC_m64d3d12.dll

• QuantumDynamics
    4 posts

@bloodangel569 Ive been able to play using this workaround, but only in offline mode so a lot of Special Ops missions etc are not possible. is this what everyone else gets?

• Howling_Siren
    4 posts

Same here.

I have no idea what is going on with Ubi lately, but it is a hot mess.

Thought I'd play Valhalla, gave up after increasing freezes and crashes (including my first ever Windows blue screens, plenty of 'em).
    Thought I'd try Far Cry Primal, no sound after Ubisoft logo.
    Thought I'd go back to Far Cry 6 as bought the DLC, game won't launch.

Meanwhile, I have zero issues with Steam, GOG or Origin games (I played through Cyberpunk with maybe one crash and a couple of minor bugs).

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
    MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, games were all 3 reinstalled and verified. Disabled everything in Ubi Connect overlays as that thing causes more trouble than it's worth. Did a whole bunch of troubleshooting with Support as well when I got in touch twice re: Valhalla.

• renecyberdoc
    8 posts

always the same and i mean not only Ubisoft,but other support forums as well, (update your drivers,update windows bla,blabla..................)Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez everything was updated and the game was running fine,but suddenly after an update it crashes,ERGO:definitely a Ubisoft problem and not a user pc problem!!
    verifying and repairing the files now - but then i mean i want to play for a couple of hours,i need half an hour for verify and repair -my nerves are broken (lol) after that i feel like doing a Siesta instead of playing,such things should not happen indeed.Let's see what happens now after repair.

update after downloading another 16,7 GB game seems to work -thanks .

• hemmob
    3 posts

@vernonhunter
    Yes, this is getting silly. While I myself am able to play the game if I change the Windows keyboard layout to a foreign one, it's no solution, It's a workaround found by a fellow gamer. This is a full-price AAA title we're talking about, not an indie game or an open source -project. Apparently the issue is not very widespread, otherwise they'd have pulled the game out of stores. It seems weird, because my setup is as common and usual as it gets: newish and high-endish AMD + Nvidia build with retail Windows 11.

• trainstreet
    8 posts

Some users are quick to complain but lazy to read or understand what's already been suggested: There is an easy solution that helps in most(!) cases.

copy all files
    from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 6\bin_plus
    to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 6\bin
    and overwrite/replace.

Suggested Topics