ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked SOLVED [RESOLVED] [16 Nov, 2021] [PC] Game won't launch / Black screen at launch following hot fix | POST HERE

43 Likes/913 Replies/20655 Views
    ntzimba
    Original poster 5 posts

Game just updated and won't start, nothing happens after clicking PLAY button.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

Following the release of Title Update 3, we have had reports that players are still experiencing crashes / black screen when launching Far Cry 6, and that this issue has started for some following the release of this Title Update.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you follow all of the steps provided in this basic troubleshooting article, as these help to resolve a number of common causes behind technical issues experienced in-game. In particular, we'd recommend ensuring that you have verified your game files, as this will repair any corrupted or missing game files.

If the crashes continue to persist after trying these steps, we welcome you to share your report with us. To help us to better gather reports for the development team and provide you with clearer updates, we have opened up two new dedicated Megathreads. You can find these below:

We will now be locking and archiving this thread. If you are still experiencing a crash or black screen on launch following Title Update 3, please share your report in the appropriate Megathread so we can investigate this further.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Sammarok
    177 posts

@nerdherder Yup, after latest update (dlc update) game is not even launching now. I did already verify files, still game won't open.

• MePlayingGTA
    34 posts

Same here. After November update the game won't start. Nothing surprises me at the moment with these "updates". Last time it broke the game and after a file check, I had to download a new pack almost 20 GB. This time the file check didn't change anything, so I tried to uninstall the game and start downloading it again. Only about 90 GB to download now.

• Sammarok
    177 posts

@meplayinggta Good luck, I did not try to uninstall and install again, no time for that right now. So I am verifying files again and it seems this time is taking longer, so let's see.
    EDIT: Nope, nothing. Still doesn't launch.

• Levis2000
    3 posts

The game worked flawlessly until the update right before the release of the DLC with Vaas.
    After the update, I have a splash screen and instant crash to the desktop (for a second you can see a window from Ubisoft Connect, similar to the game startup).
    Restarting the PC did not help, the drivers are up-to-date (let me remind you - the game worked without any problems).
    The verification of the game files did not help - all OK, nothing downloaded.
    Tried to clear UC cache - did not help.
    This is the second time the game crashes after update.
    I wanted to play the DLC and can't play the game at all...

• xSoranox
    2 posts

@levis2000 same Problem

• tduthoo
    7 posts

@levis2000 ditto..... screen preparing to launch and then nothing anymore....

• Haukk4
    4 posts

Same problem here

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

Same here. I see it's now version 6.1.2.1. Crashes after clicking continue game, also crashes after trying to create a new game.

I'm on a PC, Win 10 Pro, 32GB, SSD, plenty of Hard drive space, Votac 1080TI graphics card.

Rock solid performance before the update from 6.1.2.0 to 6.1.2.1. Finished the game and was now doing the insurgency.

Tried running it 4 times; crashed each time.

• oX.re
    2 posts

game won't start on PC since the dlc-update. pls fix quick. thx!

• Levis2000
    3 posts

@rickidoo2010 It seems that your problem is a bit different - in my case, the game does not go further than to the splash screen, and you are talking about loading save from the main menu.

• MyFishBerserker
    6 posts

@levis2000 same issue here

• Bobby_88_Emeryt
    3 posts

I have the same problem 😕

• michalczyzak1
    2 posts

@levis2000 same problem

• Tuuny_
    9 posts
    I have the same problem, unfortunately it can't even enter the game

• Dzukkis
    1 posts

I have the same issue.

• degeele
    1 posts

I have the same issue.

• fastfwdzh
    5 posts

Same problem here. Ubisoft should fix this asap!!!!!!

• metasynapse_
    21 posts

same problem here

• dolomynum
    6 posts

I also have this problem, after installing that ~8G update from today, the game won't launch, it shows the splash screen for some seconds, then silently exits. Previously it was working OK, and I have about 10 in-game hours. I have the "basic" FC6 with no DLCs, nvidia drivers are up to date. 😞

Suggested Topics