ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LTJasonWolfe
    Original poster 14 posts

I want to see more of the original transhuman and posthuman ideas in the story. I think the ability to equip FS-style exoskeletons and cybernetics, and upgrade them with skill points or Exo/Cyber Points would be a really neat feature. There could even be perk trees and a limited points pool, meaning you have to choose how you want to build your Ghost. Exoskeletons could either be linked to class, or have perk slots like your character. Exoskeleton/cybernetic perks could be things like increased sprint speed, reduced stamina consumption, reduced falling damage, aim stabilization, etc. Exoskeletons are already in the cards for soldiers in the coming decades, so why not give them to the Ghosts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megalodon-26
    299 posts

@ltjasonwolfe The vast majority of feedback has asked for less of the science fiction crap, and thankfully they have listened. If you want to play as a cyborg, go try Crysis 3, or maybe Outriders.

• DoT.ExE2_4
    3 posts

@ltjasonwolfe While I think most players of GR games tend to not like the transhumanism thing, I also do feel that the story of part 1 has done quite a bit of setup for the whole transhumanism as a whole in GR breakpoint. I feel that if the devs want to do a transhumanism storyline, it's got to be about something that ties in with the rest of the plot part 2 and 3 have been already building up to.
    I'm all onboard finding out whatever they had planned before for part 3 before it was swapped to red patriot as long as the game doesn't force me into a face first firefight against a whole bunch of bullet sponge drones with auto aim, has some actual tactical gameplay in it's "boss" rooms/fights and actually feels plausible IRL lore wise.

I'd much rather fight enemies with some exo skeletons than have one myself though, it would most certainly explain why the heavies can carry their full battle load without ever resting.

And here's to hoping we get a mission editor.

• Church367A
    147 posts

Can't say that I would be interested in more sci-fi or skill point based features. When it comes to Ghost Recon and near future tech I would much rather keep things limited within five years into the future to keep things as grounded in reality as possible. In many cases our character already possess super human abilities in terms of things such as stamina consumption (depending on settings), as well as aim stabilization regardless of settings or points spent in the additional weapon mastery.

Take into account that you can choose to utilize a Barrett M82 as well as an LMG of your choice with topped off ammo among other items and you might as well already have an exoskeleton suit with the way you can still move about unhindered. Which is one of the reasons I would much rather return to a squad of six with a realistic loadout for each that can be dictated by the player.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

There could be room for exoskeletons in GR since part of the lore in the series is a unit that has access to high-end/prototype equipment, such as OICW or Cross-com. Heck, they were used in Endwar as part of the U.S. combat engineers' setup, so they could use heavier equipment without it being so cumbersome. It doesn't mean that the Ghost using it is gonna be a cyborg, nor does this mean that we'll be fighting any. This should be looked at further in future titles, at least for certain classes should they return in my opinion.

As for post-humanism, that was kinda discussed with Project Deus early in the story. Unfortunately, since the devs remade episode 3 into Red Patriot, it left holes in the story that I would like filled up. Parts in "Investigations", such as the location of Project Deus (could've been Moa island), Wonderland, dealing with Miles once and for all. Though the thing with Stone and Monroe could be a different story.

• Steven527
    381 posts

I can already carry 6 anti tank rockets, 10 mines, 10 c4 charges, a god awful amount of ammo, 2 primary weapons, dozens of grenades and a drone... what purpose would an exo-skeleton serve?. keep in mind the amount of art and animation work it would require to essentially create a cosmetic.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @Steven527.."I can already carry 6 anti tank rockets, 10 mines, 10 c4 charges, a god awful amount of ammo, 2 primary weapons, dozens of grenades and a drone... what purpose would an exo-skeleton serve?. keep in mind the amount of art and animation work it would require to essentially create a cosmetic."

Style, Sir! Style! All the cool Tier One's will have to have one after we set THE TREND! 😉

No thanks for me! 👎

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@steven527 Actually, for exos, I mentioned they could be used for future titles, not updates. If the devs decide to bring classes back, exos could be used for increased max ammo capacity, carrying around heavier weapons with less stamina consumption (something like reloadable anti-armor weapons) maybe carrying around heavier armor. Problem is for balance purposes, it wouldn't be stealthy, as it might make too much noise. For this game (Breakpoint), it would probably be a new cosmetic like Wildlands. Difference is we could get it from Maria's Shop from a future update or special event, and not through something like WL's Ghost Mode.

• Megalodon-26
    299 posts

@jmagnum50 Well, personally I'm hoping that after the Breakpoint fiasco, Ubi will try to minimize all the high tech crap. Other than a drone for ISR, the game is much more enjoyable when you only need some good weapons and tactics, to get the job done.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@bigrexxx Part of the Ghost Recon mythos is "equipped with the latest battlefield hardware" which is what was (probably) mentioned in the OGR intro. Concepts that kept coming back in multiple releases include the OICW, mini drone, sensor grenade, and optical camo. However, it would help different sides of the fan base is using this tech remain an option. If we want to use this tech that the Ghosts have access to, good. If players want to keep it old-school, that's fine. They are just tools and should be available if we decide to use them. Besides, the camo I mentioned, didn't players want GR to be less high tech in the next game after FS (WL) yet somehow we got it back. Same as BP, but it's much better. Anyway, as I said, just let them be options, like if you decide to use optical camo or a ghillie suit for stealth.

• Nova_RUS_
    7 posts

@ltjasonwolfe Согласен с автором - как раз наличие экзоскелета абсолютно оправдывает и объясняет как возможность бегать с антиматериальной винтовкой калибра 50, так и прокачку персонажа. Найденные чертежи апгрейдов Скелла или сами апгрейды как раз объяснили бы, почему я теперь могу взять с собой 4 оружием противотанковый гранатомет или бежать марафонскую дистанцию с штурмовой винтовкой, снайперской винтовкой, пистолетом, рацией, запасом боеприпасов и граната и в тяжелом бронежилете. Или почему я лучше стреляю, тем более после марш-броска. А вот отсутствие экзоскелета как раз ломает логику - почему Номад носит на себе оружие и боеприпасы в таком количестве, который может унести только грузовая лошадь. В свое время я ждал Солдата Будущего именно из-за возможности играть за оператора боевого экзоскелета, в том числе. И его вырезали из финальной версии игры... И как раз игроки, которые настаивают на отсутствии высоких технологий у солдат призраков - именно вы ведете к поломке погружения. Потому что мужики и женщины в футболках, с 1 штурмовым ружьем и тремя гранатами ничего не сделают против Волков, которых мы видим на Ауроа, тем более против боевых дронов. Хотя на для меня до сих пор не понимаю, почему нам не дали возможность иметь своего четвероного или колесного дрона поддержки, вместо мультикоптера с пистолетом.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

@jmagnum50

Technology like that would not be useful to the silent but deadly ghosts who are behind enemy lines at all.

I know you like the futuristic stuff but this just wouldn’t belong in a GR game.

• KUZMITCHS
    22 posts
    There could be room for exoskeletons in GR since part of the lore in the series is a unit that has access to high-end/prototype equipment, such as OICW or Cross-com.

Yes, and in those games the majority of the equipment were REAL prototype gear and tech, Land Warrior for GR1 & GR2 and Future Force Warrior in the GRAW games.

Then the devs went full Sci-Fi with the original Future Soldier pitch for the Ghosts gear and this horrible "Apple/Tesla meets Greek gods and Nazgul" style for the drones and enemies like Wolves.

I'm fine with the Ghosts having access to exoskeleton tech (for example JSOC had their little TALOS suit thing as a mock up of how future Operators could look, but it was just a mockup that was basically a scam), but it SHOULD be based on REAL examples of prototypes and not be left to the imagination of UbiParis devs like it was with Future Soldier and Breakpoint.

Here, for example the UPRISE exoskeleton prototype:

https://mawashi.net/en/: (https://mawashi.net/en)

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

KUZMITCHS,
    Well, if it were up to the dev team, hopefully it won't look (or feel) too weird, but I would still like to see this type of thing used in GR. I haven't read up on it myself, but I think it would be useful in case you have a class carrying heavy weapons and plenty of ammo, or you have extra ammo to resupply your team. I mean as a video game function, not a real-life function.

Rugby-Dog,
    The tech in the game doesn't bother me. I hope the devs continue to allow us to use it (at least as a choice), because let's face it. Despite WL having less high-tech, we still got a hold of optical camo and got it back in Fallen Ghosts and now got it back in Operation Motherland. As for silent but deadly, stealth is a useful option in later GR games, but there's plenty of times to go loud. If they were just supposed to be silent, there's no need for grenade launchers, LMGs, rocket launchers. As for the tech not belonging in GR, it's part of GR, not just team tactics and guns (even though I'm more of a gun guy).

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@ltjasonwolfe I have to agree with others, that this is pretty much the opposite of the general consensus, (which I agree with). I’d rather have less of this stuff!

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts

I hated GRAW because you couldn't ammo up nor pick up weapons or ammo from down enemies but your character is already a hybrid between a Mule and a camel carrying all those weapons and all that Ammo, My GOD, my Nomad carries about 450 rounds for the Sniper rifle and on the ASR I believe I have more than 300 as well? And then all of the gadgets that one can carry?

Then again, I keep forgetting that we are in this new trend where everything, mediocre or not, is accepted because most people want to play a game that has it all already included, even if not much of it works good.

• Steven527
    381 posts

Something to wonder about, this is in a trash heap in the channels R&D center. Is it reaching for the bottle?

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

@steven527 This is both funny and sad at the same time.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts

@Steven527 I guess my only question now is... how much are you getting for every metal can of soda you find? 😊

• Steven527
    381 posts

Suggested Topics