ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PaulNevada
    Original poster 23 posts

Developers, make VSync setting work in in-game benchmark finally, please!
    It's always off now despite the on in the settings...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    1035 posts

@paulnevada Vsync is supposed to be off in any graphics benchmark. Otherwise you won't know your true performance because you'll be locked at 60 FPS

• PaulNevada
    Original poster 23 posts

@longjohn119 You're totally wrong. Every game (Far Cry 5, 6 - as well and as examples) use the VSync setting and apply it in their benchmarks. You always can go and turn it off and re-benchmark.

• longjohn119
    1035 posts

@paulnevada Just because Ubisoft included it in those games doesn't mean it's the correct way to benchmark graphics. Go watch about any benchmarks on a top tier YouTube tech channel like Gamer's Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, Jayz 2 Cents etc. and you'll find they will always have V-sync turned off when they do graphics benchmarks. That has been a rule of thumb for the better part of 3 decades

If you really want it enabled then it's better to do it in your graphics card control panel or just set a 60 FPS limit because V-sync is broken in many if not most games. V-sync also causes input (controller) lag and judder/hitching in many cases which is why it is recommended to turn it off and only use it if you have a screen tearing problem in the game (not the benchmark)

• PaulNevada
    Original poster 23 posts

@longjohn119 I just want they fix it to the way I used to see/use these ones in their other titles here. We all will be able to vary that option in the settings.
    PS: I own 60 Hz monitor and I always use VSync - in every game - to have the smooth picture.

• longjohn119
    1035 posts

@paulnevada You don't need a smooth picture for a benchmark and like I said vsync is broken in a lot of game and causes judder/hitching and judder/hitching result in unsmooth gameplay .... A better way to do it is go into your GPU control panel and set a 60 FPS limit and you have no frame tearing and a smoother experience. Modern GPUs do a much better job than v-sync which is an ancient technology made for CRT TVs. (The exception is Freesync, G-sync and VRR which are NOT V-sync) Still you should never use Vsync or a FPS limit when benchmarking because it defeats the purpose of benchmarking .... It's like drag racing with a governor/speed limiter

But what do I know I'm only an Electronics Engineer with 2 degrees and 35 years experience on the IBM PC platform

• PaulNevada
    Original poster 23 posts

@longjohn119 I asked ubisoft to fix it to the way all their (and not) other games do. That's all.
    PS: Watching the benchmark with VSync ON lets people know how the game will run with VSync ON - that's the point of that testing.
    I don't like to tweak other than the game offers.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1486 posts

@paulnevada Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know your concerns about the benchmark missing the option for Vsync.

We can certainly pass this idea on to our game team. We appreciate all feedback and suggestions that could help us improve benchmarking and performance in our games.

Please be in touch if there's anything more we can do.

Official Response
  • PaulNevada
    Original poster 23 posts

@ubi-nacho I will be more than GLAD if I will see it fixed in the coming update for the Title!

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 623 posts

Hello @paulnevada and thanks for getting back us. We passed your feedback to the Game Team and appreciate your suggestion, however officially it is not considered as an issue therefore it can not be fixed in a future update. We'll share more information as soon as we have it. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • PaulNevada
    Original poster 23 posts

@ubi-oxavo Hm-m-m, and what's that then? All of your other Titles do have it, but AC Valhalla doesn't! :(((
    PS: It's about 5 minutes for The Team to get it done and they move such a way outta the question?

Suggested Topics