ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Legoguru2000
    Original poster 9 posts

The Vass Insanity DLC has released and even though this time you had a great storyline and character setup you still managed to mess it up. How? BY making it a Roguelike game mode, something that will appeal to only a sub-section of your customer base. Undoubtedly there will be many who love it but by making it a Roguelike game mode you've intentionally limited how many of your paying customers will get anything out of the DLC. You made this same mistake with FAR CRY 4 with Escape Form Durgesh Prison, a DLC with a lot of potential that you greatly reduced (the enjoyment of) by setting a time limit and goals that made it impossible but for only a few to get the most out of.

When you make decisions like this do you not run them by an outside party to see if maybe you've not thought things through? With the epic and I do mean epic failure of FAR CRY 5's DLC's one would hope that the crafting behind the planned DLC's for FAR CRY 6 would have been given much more care and attention and initial marketing and video made it look like you had and then we discover its a Roguelike game. This should have been more like a small expansion that after completing would unlock a Roguelike alternative mode to up the DLC's difficulty level.

So far most of the Marketing for the 3 DLC's has kind of grouped them together, we can only PRAY that the other 2 DCL's aren't also Roguelike game modes with the other villain's in other settings. If they are then rest assured your post release sells of the Game Pass will "fail to meet expectations".

In the future please include outside parties in feedback on major decisions like this so in future FAR CRY titles we don't continue to see repeats of easily avoidable bad decisions.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rizz768
    177 posts
    we can only PRAY that the other 2 DLC's aren't also Roguelike game modes with the other villain's in other settings.

Got some potential bad news here, Ubisoft made a news post before the games release detailing the season pass, and one of the lines is as follows:

Set in twisted worlds inside the minds of each character that feature locations from Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, and Far Cry 5, each DLC will see you getting stronger the longer you survive by unlocking perks and finding new weapons. Each time you die, you’ll start over from scratch and use the knowledge you’ve gained to push further into the villain’s psyche.

So it sounds to me like the three DLC's will share similarities with the rogue-like elements.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@rizz768 This is a shame, the insanity one fits with the definition of insanity speech, but I was hoping the other two would do something different. It would be nice to have 3 DLC with a different playstyle/concept for each of them.

• RobertEmerald
    126 posts

I love Fat Cry 6 for the most part, minus all the re-spawning enemies, post story NPC's disappearing from the game, having not much to do after completing the game (as I mostly play dominoes and rooster fighting, while waiting for the next weekly insurgency mission to come around), having no New Game Plus yet and the minor bugs and glitches. With that said, I for one hate and despise roguelike gameplay and timed missions, but that's how Ubisoft decided to do it. It's there for players who love that type of gameplay and they are the ones that will get the most enjoyment and their money's worth in those DLC's I'd rather just purchase everything in the DLC's and be done with it, as I hate repetitive deathloops, but sadly, even Ubisoft doesn't know how to squeeze more money out of us, because if they did, they would give us the players, the option to purchase everything in the game with real money.

Anyway, I purchased the Ultimate Edition, like I always do for mostly all the games I purchase, even though I might not like many of the things that some DLC's offer, but I do it, for the other things that the DLC's and Ultimate Edition offers. I've been on Earth for a long time and as always, trends and fads dictate the way companies make and change their products, in order to cash in on those trends and fads of the moment. It's a business model that has worked for decades. We as consumers will either love, hate or be indifferent to all these trends and fads, but as they say,... "You win some and you lose some". I'm a proponent and in the group that is always for more "OPTIONS" and more "CUSTOMIZATION". Until that day comes, if ever, we are stuck with the "Trend and Fad" business model system.

• WildHunt
    198 posts

@legoguru2000 I'm enjoying the DLC for what it is, which is basically Deathloop but more entertaining.

So far the only FC DLC I have really enjoyed was the Vietnam one in FC5, the Mars and Zombie DLCs were kinda lame. I don't think the next two DLCs will be roguelikes, I think they went with roguelike for Vaas because fed into the insanity theme and doing the same thing over and over again.

• NoooobSlayer
    42 posts

@rizz768 Okay, Im gonna refund the DLC's since I don't have enough time to play these and cannot save in the game as it doesn't have a save option...
    Thanks for the quote!

Suggested Topics