ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Original poster 1287 posts

So I am in Sinking Country or the new A.G. Codon (close enough) and I am supposed to destroy 4 enemy vehicles, trucks or parked Helos so I Biv close to one and when I spawn at the Biv the vehicle is no longer close to the area where I am supposed to go, ok, cool, no biggie, these are moving vehicle I learn (it could be my fault, I normally don't read the cheese stories behind the missions so hard lesson).

I get on the LC4-R (again, close enough) and I go find this beast, lots of patrols on my way there so I decide to play with a few of them, get to the vehicle, a few blast from the grenade launcher that sits atop the vehicle and KABOOM, vehicle is down (I get the 1/4 signal from the missions display, which BTWs, it the most annoying pop-up ever as it almost takes 1/4 of the tac map [double face palm on whomever came up with that jewel] WOW) and now I get to start a fight with the local new crowd of Bodarks and of course eventually I died. OK, cool no biggie I thought.

BUT WAIT, I spawn, check the mission statement and now I have the same amount of vehicle to destroy that I had before I destroyed this one? 0/4. Hmmmm, ok, possible glitch so I go do it again, and again, and yet again [3 times] (trying to cut down on my rants). I am now getting a bit miffed.

Decide to go try a Helo up in the northern province, FP to the Biv, get on a little dingy and spot possible enemies, move stealthily to the top of the structure, plant C4 on the helo, move up to the Sattelite dish (I had previously done away with the snipers and rocket dudes) and I now blow up the Helo, KABOOM and again 1/4 so 3 more to go, time again to create some ruckus after a mission well done. I die again after a while (I'm a trying a new mouse and I can't find a balanced DPI setting for BP). Spawn again and again I am seeing the helo spawn and I am back to seeing 0/4. What in the name of churn Crap is going on here?

I know the studio suck big donkey Schlongs but, I must be doing something wrong, it can't be this buggy or glitchy, can it? 😠

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ko102crew
    10 posts

@fcac-no-moe I don't think its a bug or glitch. Basically you have to destroy all 4 without going down. Happened to me as well, I died and it reset.
    Then I just cheesed it and blew everything up with a heli. Mission done in 5 mins.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Basically you have to destroy all 4 without going down.

Yep, any mission with multi-part objectives needs to be completed in one go.

• Steven527
    384 posts

@dagrommit this also goes for the assassination missions. If you complete one site and die at the second the whole mission resets

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

Spawn the helo with the rocket launchers and you will deal with this in minutes 🙂

• Steven527
    384 posts

@dv20katana but the vehicle ambushes are fun!

• GamerCZ84
    38 posts

@steven527
    I enjoyed these missions. But since there is no save option I fully agree that having to do all objectives in one life is a pain in case you are playing exteme no hud immersion version.

If you go rambo you are done in like 3 minutes... 😄

Anyway my BP days are basically done. I dont know when I will or if ever finish OM. Halo is out... 😄

And honestly I think that energy armor would suit BP arcade playstyle a lot and would certainly go in hands nicely with Future Soldier. I just cant help it, but Halo actually feels very realistic in mechanics and gameplay when you take in account its sci fi setting and super solider theme. Once the shield is down Spartan is dead meat.

Breakpoint is supposed to have normal human beings who are more powerful than Master Chief and they dont even need sci fi super advance shiled lol...

• FcAc-No-Moe

Ahhhhh Ok, so it is my fault for not bringing my crystal ball to a well thought out mission story... something told me it was going to be this way but I couldn't believe that 7 months wouldn't be enough to get to a mediocre effort instead of a lazy one.

And yes as well, when I saw the helo I had to blow up something tickled my fancy and thought, why don't we steal it, blow cheet up and then destroy it but silly me, I want it to give the missions a fair shot.

Ok, back to reality and the normal way to enjoying this game... by cheesing it cheating it then.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@steven527 yep, it's a way of increasing the sense of jeopardy as you progress. Allowing you to die between objectives would make it even easier than it is now. I do find it annoying when there's a timer though, as you're forced into one way of completing the objectives - i.e. as fast as possible.

As for vehicle ambushes, that's what mines are for. Or if you want to do the movie thing, stand in the middle of the road with a rocket launcher as the truck heads towards you 🕶

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

@steven527
    They sure are and I do that even with the heli - I sometimes set down near the road on a bend or something and ambush them like in your pic. Just remember to park the copter well out of the way so it doesn't get wiped out!

• martbloke88
    22 posts

I actually quite like the multi part, don't die missions. Adds a little more to the whole not wanting to die feeling.

I did actually fall foul to this at first though in RA01 when you have the mission with 2 camps of AI to take out - 5 heavies in 1 and 3 heavies and a commander in the other. Completed the 5 heavies, then died and thought I only had that 1 camp left. I was wrong as had to do the 5 heavies again.

What bugs me though is as the AI are the same and patrol the same in the camp every time, it's still trial and error. Want it to change up each time so it's not a case of the Tom Cruise film "Edge of Tomorrow". Would also add replayability to it too not knowing what you are going to get.

• Steven527
    384 posts

@martbloke88 exactly. Replay would be greatly enhanced if there were multiple AI routines and it just selected one randomly each time. There are minor changes I have seen like guard patrols going clockwise versus counterclockwise so something must exist. I also do like the linked missions.

• FcAc-No-Moe

So I am doing the mission where you have to rescue some hostages and of course they have you timed and finding clues less than 100 meters from each other while spawning enemies near you that immediately go on alert even though they have no LoS on you, and I said that as a 100% fact because I stood inside the first hut with optic camo on so they could have been alerted by my presence initially but after I did away with the first 4 how or why?

Anyways, guerilla tactics again and I finally get to the last part where they send 5 to 10 heavies with rocket launchers etc etc, plus a helo plus another Azrael but they only give you 2 minutes to get to the end and I failed it by seconds?

Is that really what you guys like, is that what you guys are finding to be fun? if so, in what way is that fun? I mean, unless of course you do it by sync shots and you hiding out waiting for the shooting to pass but for that, wouldn't you rather watch a Jack Ryan episode instead? If you plan to have some fun by shooting at something and you have to deal with these bullet sponges and then deal with the final BS, well, I am definitely in the wrong game. I love tough and rough as much as the next guy but this type of lazy masochism is not my cup of tea.

And I am sure that If I spawn all my teammates and have them go at the enemy I can finish it but again, what is the fun in that? Pride and praise for what exactly, for taking 7 months to come up with this half churn missions?

Meh! I'm talking to myself for sure.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@fcac-no-moe umm.. I've seen plenty of complaints about that mission, and zero posts saying they liked it. Pretty universally panned, unless you were trying to avoid spoilers.

• FcAc-No-Moe

@latenitedelight

I haven't read all of the posts, contrary to popular belief so perhaps I missed the part where everyone hated it. It did help me get it out of my system though. 😀

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Is that really what you guys like, is that what you guys are finding to be fun?

You're confusing the multi-part aspect with the timed aspect. Most multi-part missions aren't timed. And while I noted my dislike of the timer, everyone else has been discussing the multi-part complaint in your first post.

• ko102crew
    10 posts

They need to just stop with timed missions, they force you to play like a jackass. I see a timed mission and I know I'm playing Far Cry instead of being a Ghost.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Is that really what you guys like, is that what you guys are finding to be fun?

You're confusing the multi-part aspect with the timed aspect. Most multi-part missions aren't timed. And while I noted my dislike of the timer, everyone else has been discussing the multi-part complaint in your first post.

It could very well be, I am not going to lie that I pay little to no attention to the cheesy missions because, well, most of them are cheesy, lack a good description of what you need to do, basically, they are as mediocre and effortless as most of the game is.

Suggested Topics