ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hexagon12
    Original poster 34 posts

I would really be enjoying the Vaas Insanity DLC apart from the fact that it constantly restarts from the beginning when you die. Yes, I see the less than subtle joke - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again etc etc etc. However, this means it is almost impossible to finish without spending hours and hours playing. It just gets lame having to do the same stuff repeatedly. How about an update so that when you get a piece of Citra's knife you don't lose it if you get killed? Kind of like the traits or the weapons you get to keep permanently?

Please don't make this same mistake with the Joseph Seed or the Pagan Min DLCs because it really sucks balls and kills any enjoyment from something which is actually well crafted with a great villian and a good back story.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ampee1
    166 posts

@hexagon12 Will those be the same gameplay wise as this Vass one? ("rouge lite" stuff)

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

Yea i don't like that, but i also don't like is when your friend is host and upgrades his weapons your weapons get upgraded also. If you are not the host you can't upgrade your weapons. At least in my co-op game i couldn't. And when my friend put a scope on his m60 I still had iron sites as i couldn't upgrade it figuring i didn't have the money all of a sudden i had a red dot scope on my m60 which i didn't want.

• forcas1
    2 posts

Ok, so let me start off by saying…I loved far cry 5. That being said…far cry 6 has been a bit of a disappointment. I bought the dlc assuming I was going to love it as much as far cry 5 but this was not the case. My opinion but all the woke [censored] is very distracting from the story.

on to Vaas dlc. Y’all did great with this one. I finished it yesterday and as soon as I did I wanted more. Excellent job. I liked that it had this tone of almost a hell for vaas. I liked as you beat it …his responses to things change. It feels as though he is changing a bit the more you play. Like he realizes things maybe even mistakes he’s made. I would like to see a sequel where he escapes and comes back. Maybe Jason leaves or has been corrupted and he becomes the hero of the story because of his near death experience and the mind prison. Just stay out of the [censored] politics. Just write a good story and screw the woke nonsense. It’s just divisive and damn right annoying. But yea whoever in y’all’s team worked on this…you can tell they loved vaas and put a lot of heart into this. They really deserve a pat on the back. I may rebuy 3 just cause I loved this so much lol. Looking forward to the next dlc.

• forcas1
    2 posts

@hexagon12

tips of you haven’t figured it out. Buy buy buy. Don’t worry about progressing too far. Max out your pistol first since it’s a free buy. If you can get to the spot with the smg rifle get it. So those weapons were my go to. Unlock your powers. Yes you lose them but they constantly drop even from weak enemies. those powers really help. I got to the point where I didn’t die at all anymore and just mowed everything down. Just keep spending money on perks skills and weapons and eventually you’ll stop dying.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@forcas1 I found that my goto weapon was actually a shotgun combined with melee takedowns. Once you have the health unlocks, and the melee takedown perks, you can just run around shotgunning everything in the head, and if it doesn't die then perform a melee takedown (combined with the takedown healing perk and the takedown from the front perk, this move is extremely powerful, allowing you to chain together successive takedowns and get healed at the same time). Also, get the health increase perks asap, they make a huge difference in survivability. I've completed it on the first two levels now (the second time only took 90 mins or so) so my methods may change as the mobs get more difficult.

Edit: Also, as you get more powerful you can choose to skip some of the locations if you don't need them and just go straight for the blade pieces. I chose to do the full map though as this maximised how much I could afford to improve my skills.

• GameGuru2018
    309 posts
    I would like to see a sequel ....

Many people would like to see Vaas again in the big game.

There is a Demand.

I think it shouldn't be continuation of Far Cry 3.
    It should be another story.
    In another setting.

But there is fear among people!

They're afraid to see the wrong Vaas.
    Not real.
    Adapted to a knew Ubisoft policy.

People afraid that developers can simply kill Vaas.

It can alienate many.

• NoooobSlayer
    42 posts

@hexagon12 Ubisoft found a way to murder Vaas's story and his reputation...
    It's like, I am already sick of even trying to play this DLC after experiencing that I cannot save my progress...
    This is an absolute disgrace to the gaming community
    Stupidity at its finest! Not an innovative approach!

• Hexagon12
    Original poster 34 posts

@forcas1 Good suggestions. Thanks. Money really is the key. How though to get 4,000 bucks plus so you can keep more of it once you inevitably get killed? My issue is that to get the traits needed and the weapons you have to go through the same tedious process, again and again to generate meagre amounts of cash, most of which gets lost if you are trying to build it up when you get nailed. I got through the radio and the prison camp with just the pistol and a bow, along with some land mines and grenades. Citra's damn temple though requires a bit more than that and to die nearly at the end is more than a little frustrating, given you have to go through the whole damn thing again from the beginning.

• Hexagon12
    Original poster 34 posts

@noooobslayer Agreed. It just makes you want to walk away and drink rum and listen to music. It truly is the definition of insanity, which is perhaps what the developers were intending. Or perhaps they are just sadists with a sense of humour (very dark)?

• boo-yah1907
    268 posts

I am not gonna say which ones, but some of the special weapons(not the ones u get from your cases) that you acquire through challenges, even if they are different levels, they have the exact same name, the exact same stats, looks and mods. So its the exact same weapon but different levels(whats the point of the levels if everything else stays the same)...

• RobertEmerald
    164 posts

@forcas1, Well that was a woke comment.

• Pappydada
    34 posts

i understand some of the frustrations expressed here, game is tough, but once you understand the rogue dynamic and the map it becomes somewhat easier. in addition to some of the good advice here, i'd like to add the following; when facing baddies that don't miss it is imperative to NOT square up on 'em. either pick 'em off from a distance or run like heck and flank. if you serious sam it you either get smoked or use all your syringes. farcry 2 was a great teacher of this bit of fps wisdom. run forrest run. second bit of advice is to buy the camera asap. you can mark enemies through anything. helps a whole lot. third item is, leave the fragments for last.

• boo-yah1907
    268 posts

@robertemerald https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/121651/dlc-vaas-insanity/2?lang=en-US&_=1637482873519 check this out, i sufferred so much, i felt i should put out a guide when i was finished. You dont have to give a thumbs up, just let me now if you have found it useful. Now i just try to get all the special weapons.

• nickostr
    1 posts

@hexagon12 Can't agree more. Those of us that can't spend hours at a game and lose ALL progress towards the goals when we have to do something else have no chance of ever completing the missions. If you haven't purchased the DLC or season pass, don't. I haven't been impressed with 6 so far anyway; 5 was far more enjoyable. 6 feels like Just Cause 2/3 but even less fun.

• GameGuru2018
    309 posts
    ..... again and again .....

Again and again, again and again......i-n-s-a-n-i-t-y.

Well done!

More ideas to your villains, developers!

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@nickostr Just put it on Story Mode, at least until you get some skills and things unlocked. There isn't really a ton to this DLC content-wise or even story-wise. It's cool to revisit the Vaas character, be in his head a little bit, and see all the vaginas. But it's simply not worth torturing yourself to get through it.

• RobertEmerald
    164 posts

@boo-yah1907, Thanks, but no thanks. Nothing will make me like this DLC, no matter what guides are out there. If I wanted to play rouguelike games, I would have purchased one already. No one forces me to play something I despise!

• boo-yah1907
    268 posts

@robertemerald Sure. Personaly i am not a fan of the genre too but i still liked this mode in a far cry setting, its different. I would admit that it has its problems.

• GameGuru2018
    309 posts

.... a seeker.....not believer.

It's very important part of Vaas nature.

Next time, if you invite him again.....add to him not only Western philosophy but also Eastern.
    It will be interesting how they interwine and complement each other.

Repeating the same things again and again.....The Wheel of Samsara.
    From life to life, doing the same things, the same desires, owning a gorgeous woman or man, wealth, glory.....

Meditating Vaas.
    Or attempts to meditate, ending in a nervous breakdown.
    How he jump up in a rage - "Sh-t! Censored.....censored....I was so close to enlightenment!!! You m-f, spoiled everything! Censored....censored."

Western + Eastern philosophy would be good.

Suggested Topics