Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Troopercooper80
    Original poster 64 posts

Cant even enter ravensthorp now since this osk. Festival update.
    worked before, but warping to the docks instead of center/longhouse, sound stutter, disappears, freezes, crash to homescreen.

fix your Shi.. seriously.

This is ridiculous after a year of release.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Live_Force
    3 posts

@troopercooper80 Same here! Festival broke dialog for me on Xbox Series X. Horrible event update.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Hey @Troopercooper80 & @live_force, sorry to hear you've both encountered these sound, freezing, and crashing issues. I completely understand the frustration these have caused. Do you all receive any error messages with these crashes?

Official Response
  • Troopercooper80
    Original poster 64 posts

@ubi-mercury No and this should be a known issue by now..
    There are or have been quite a few threads on this.

I have ofcourse done things like clearing the cache with a powercycle, but that made things worse.
    Where before clearing the cache, crashes could happen just walking around, not necessarily with a sound drop. (Made a thread on that before)

After clearing the cache I run into what other people have reported, sound starts stuttering, dropping altogether, freeze/black screen and a crash to homescreen.

There are no error codes.

This only happens in raventhorp.
    I can go and play everywhere else, but any “warp” back to raventhorp is an almost guaranteed crash.
    It’s best heard with the footsteps from the raiders on your boot walking on the docks to town, you can hear the footsteps just pop in and out, considerably worse if it also happens to rain.

Now this sound and soundtrack disappearing (also during cutscenes and conversations) seems to be in the known issue list, but I do suspect it’s closely related to the crashes as it’s always accompanied by a crash during sound getting all weird.

This very specifically started happening after oskeria festival / tombs of the fallen update.

• Lance_Bubo
    3 posts

Hi @ubi-mercury - Another data point for you:
    I am experiencing the same problem on my Series X - The audio issues seem to be confined to Ravensthorpe, including loud Pops/Screeches, along with multiple audio layer drops (Reda's dialogue, festival dialogue and ambient sounds are among the missing). While annoying in themselves, the worst part is the audio issues eventually increase in severity and ultimately result in a hard crash of the program, kicking me out to the Xbox dashboard.

As a result, I can't spend much time in Ravensthorpe and must fast-travel elsewhere to keep the game from crashing. I have confirmed from reddit and other forums here that numerous others are having the same behavior. I believe this started after the previous festival update, with the described audio issues persisting whether or not there is an active festival.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 977 posts

@lance_bubo Hi there.

Thanks for sharing your report with the team. We appreciate the additional details included here.

We'd like to forward on your game save as part of a report to the team. Could you let us know if your most recent save is available on the cloud?

You can check this by:
    • Creating a manual save before ending your session.
    Wait a minute or two after the save animation has finished.
    • Open the Main menu and choose Quit to Title Screen.
    • Choose Load Game
    • Check if the save you just created has a cloud icon next to the play time.

Official Response
  • ismellwhenidie
    1 posts

Same issue here. It’s a mess, and has been for several days. Multiple attempts to resolve have been unsuccessful (restarting prior saves, uninstalling and reinstalling game, etc.) The Oskoreia Festival update has been a failure for the Settlement, and the game. Please fix.

• Troopercooper80
    Original poster 64 posts

@ubi-nacho

All my saves are on the cloud, most are manual saves as I always do that before I exit the game, switching to previous save games to overwrite from time to time (so no only 1 savefile I keep overwriting, there are several) and I can clearly see them all labeled like one local and one with cloud icon.

So no worries there.

Most recent save should have about 117 hours on it, I’ll admit I have stopped playing lately due to this bug but also time constraints.

edit I know You directed this question to someone else, but as it’s my thread I wanted to also answer.

• Lance_Bubo
    3 posts

@ubi-nacho
    Yes, my most recent save should be on the cloud. Thanks!

Suggested Topics