ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

Hey @phxrider

If there are to be any changes, it will be announced in the form of patch notes, which would be posted in the News and Announcements as mentioned above.

Official Response
  • tesla_vs_edison
    5 posts

@ubi-thrupney This issue was reported 5 months ago. Your team have identified the problem and have reproduced this themselves given your earlier remarks. After how much time does Ubisoft Support consider it to be unacceptable before this is fixed?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Hey there @tesla_vs_edison . We're not able to give any timescales on our processes. My apologies. As soon as we've got information to share, we'll do so here in the thread.

Official Response
  • tesla_vs_edison
    5 posts

@ubi-thrupney okay, at least tell us by when it will be fixed, i.e. within 1 month, within 6 months, within 12 months, within 36 months?

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4838 posts

Hey there @tesla_vs_edison,

As noted by Ubi-Thrupney, we cannot give any timeframes as to when fixes are expected to be released, as this information just isn't available to us at this time.

As the investigation progresses and more information is made available, we'll keep you updated here.

Official Response
  • phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts
    @ubi-thrupney okay, at least tell us by when it will be fixed, i.e. within 1 month, within 6 months, within 12 months, within 36 months?

....ever?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

@phxrider As above, we can only share information and news of updates when we have it from the dev team, so we can't provide a time frame.

Official Response
  • phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

@ubi-froggard Everyone including me is well aware of your policy. What we're not comprehending is why BASIC MOVEMENT CONTROLS are broken and have been since the game was like 3 weeks old, meanwhile we're adding celebrities and movie characters and Netflix series endorsements into the game. It's beyond ridiculous. Fix the basics.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @phxrider!

Please do mind that oversteering will only be caused if assigning one of the few keys to 'Accelerate' and isn't something that will occur with the default movement controls. To add, this matter has been tackled by our team and there were patches to address this, however as some players notified that issue persists, investigation has been re-opened accordingly.

Apologies if this has been taking longer than anticipated and appreciate you for bearing with us for the time being.

As soon as more information will be available, we will try to keep you all in the loop. Until then, if you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • szfjozsef
    6 posts

@ubi-karl this oversteering issue is poisoning the game. I had to uninstall again, since it is unplayable.
    Please consider the fact that the default controls aren't suitable for everyone. This wasd movement has never worked for me, but ALL OTHER GAMES treat different settings without problems. It's incredible that at Ubisoft, in Far Cry 6, this is an issue. Damn, it's an input held down or released, what the heck is doing the IT team?
    I have very simple movement controls: Mouse 1 forward, X left, C right. When Mouse 1 is held down, hitting X will max out the steering to the left. It is so hard for the IT team to change the controls and see, there is a bug?
    1 stars, negative comments and uninstall the game. Ok, my money is wasted already, I can't receive a refund, but hell, this is an amateur bug!

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1028 posts

Hey @szfjozsef,

Thank you for kindly sharing this update and feedback.

I can assure you that as soon as we have an update we will be happy to share.

Many thanks,

Official Response
  • phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

@szfjozsef Make that ALL OTHER GAMES INCLUDING ALL OTHER FAR CRYs

• phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

@ubi-karl Your answer is like saying "sorry your legs aren't working, but no biggie, you can just walk on your hands". Let them eat cake..... The default W key as forward is super awkward for me and others, and after a while one gets sick of accidentally diving out of vehicles from hitting the E key right next to it.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@phxrider Hey! Thank you for your reply and thank you for the feedback, we understand that this situation is frustrating and we will pass this feedback on.

If there is anything else we can assist you with in the meantime please let us know.

Thank you.

• heyscot
    70 posts

@phxrider Also please note that this issue doesn't exist in any of the other Far Cry games.

• Kamikaze-TMX
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mego-Urko
    10 posts

@Kamikaze-TMX

You know what is annoying? People chiming in with their lame opinions on a support forum. I see ubisoft has still not fixed this issue. Unacceptable. You lost a long time customer.

• heyscot
    70 posts

HEY GUYS CHECK IT OUT!

On November 3rd, 2021, the oversteering issue was reported! There was even video! And other players reported it too!

Let's see. . .it's September 18, 2022. . .so 10-1/2 months later. Are we aiming for a year before it's fixed?

This is a bug that hasn't existed in any of the other Far Cry games, so it's almost like you could copy and paste the code from New Dawn and you'd be cooking with gas in no time!

I'm not talking to Customer Service folks, since they ignore me (see my "protected data" chat where I was blown off) and they don't have any power whatsoever, I'm talking to the devs. If you ever fix this bug, could you please call it the "***" fix in the patch notes? Thanks.

I'm never buying another game from you guys again,

S.

Hey you crazy Ubisoft cats,

You guys fixed the move forward issue! Thank you so much!

Now that that's fixed, there's a problem with vehicles. If you have your move forward bound to a mouse button, and you have a key on your keyboard bound to move left/move right, you will:

A. Stop moving forward in your vehicle, and
    B. When you press your move left or move right key, you turn the wheel all the way in that direction and don't stop. You can press the opposite direction to change direction, but then you will turn the wheel (or horse) all the way in that direction, too.

Just like the movement bug referenced in the link, if you bind your move forward key for transport to a non-mouse key, it functions as normal.

. In the first half of the video, I'm driving with my move forward key bound to my right mouse button. Then in the second half of the video, I change my move forward key to a keyboard key, and then it functions as normal.

Thanks guys! You can do it!

Scot

P.S. Over a year ago I provided feedback to Ubisoft asking for a hamster to be a potential pet in the game, but I'm not finding any hamsters yet. The hutias are cool but you can't have them as a pet. My recommendation was pretty specific: a Syrian hamster, like this one. Please let me know if this is functioning as intended.

• Ubi-MrM
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3694 posts

Hi Everyone !

I've taken note of your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear about the impact this Issue has on your experience in Far Cry 6 !

The Issue should be fixed in a future update, and we'll share new information as soon as it is available.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime, and if you have questions, or for any other Issue, don't hesitate to let us know !

Official Response
  • heyscot
    70 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics