ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

What on earth is going on with land vehicle control in this game? You couldn't accelerate from a stop while turning the wheel (pressing a directional key) up until the most recent update, and now since this update that's fixed but now the steering doesn't return to center when the direction key is released, it continues to full stop in whichever direction was pressed and stays there until the throttle is released. Also does this with horses when you press the left or right key (horses did NOT have the "won't accelerate while pressing a direction key" issue, control was perfect prior to this update).

Also, the helicopter controls REALLY SUCK in this game - FC5's were an order of magnitude better. Helicopters are unusable in combat.

Otherwise, the game is amazing, beautiful and highly addictive fun!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4857 posts
    Best Answer

Hey there @phxrider !

This was indeed resolved in Title Update 6, thanks for confirming this is working for you guys!

As this issue has been resolved, I'll be locking this thread.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other queries!

Official Response
  • heyscot
    70 posts

Hey you crazy Ubisoft cats,

You guys fixed the move forward issue! Thank you so much!

Now that that's fixed, there's a problem with vehicles. If you have your move forward bound to a mouse button, and you have a key on your keyboard bound to move left/move right, you will:

A. Stop moving forward in your vehicle, and
    B. When you press your move left or move right key, you turn the wheel all the way in that direction and don't stop. You can press the opposite direction to change direction, but then you will turn the wheel (or horse) all the way in that direction, too.

Just like the movement bug referenced in the link, if you bind your move forward key for transport to a non-mouse key, it functions as normal.

. In the first half of the video, I'm driving with my move forward key bound to my right mouse button. Then in the second half of the video, I change my move forward key to a keyboard key, and then it functions as normal.

Thanks guys! You can do it!

Scot

P.S. Over a year ago I provided feedback to Ubisoft asking for a hamster to be a potential pet in the game, but I'm not finding any hamsters yet. The hutias are cool but you can't have them as a pet. My recommendation was pretty specific: a Syrian hamster, like this one. Please let me know if this is functioning as intended.

• paulkneipp
    22 posts

Hi. Since the last update, the road vehicles are experiencing serious oversteer. When I push to steer left or right, even if I tap the button, the steering continues as if I was holding the button down and I end up driving off the road. The only workaround is to release the accelerator button immediately after I tap left or right but this kills my forward momentum.

I have the exact opposite issue with water vehicles. It is almost impossible to steer while accelerating, especially on the jetski. Pressing the left and right steer buttons does nothing unless I release the acceleration button.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Thanks for your report of this, @paulkneipp - I understand you've found the vehicles to oversteer (and understeer with boats) since the update, which is very unusual indeed. I appreciate your report on this.

This isn't something that seems to have been reported before, so I'd certainly like your help in looking into this, if that's okay? Please start with our troubleshooting guide, making sure you've verified the game files, fully updated your Windows install, and checked if any background programs (such as those which control your gamepad or mouse and keyboard, for example) might be interfering with the game.

Can you also try another control method, if possible? So, for example, if you are using mouse and keyboard, please try with a gamepad temporarily, just to test it - does the oversteer still happen?

Thanks again for getting in touch about this - let me know if I can clarify these steps and questions at all 🙂

Official Response
  • Mego-Urko
    10 posts

I use Mouse2 to move forward in vehicles. There seems to be an issue now where the steering wheel is overly sensitive to the point where cars are not drivable. Its some kind of weird oversteer thing going on. If I nudge left or right it becomes very erratic.

Here is a video.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey @mego-urko , thanks for reaching out about this. I understand vehicles are oversteering while you've got accellerate bound to your mouse2 button - that's most unusual! I'd certainly like to look into this.

Can you send me a cross a screenshot of your key bindings menu, so we can see what the rest of your bindings are for vehicles? Here's our guide showing how to take screenshots (although I'd imagine you know just fine how to take them, having recorded a video for us already). Once I've got that, I'll be able to go ahead and report this to our teams to investigate further.

Just for future reference, please don't bump threads to point to another one. We'll get to each thread as soon as we're able. Thanks for your understanding!

Please let me know if I can clarify my screenshot request above, or if you've any other questions 🙂

Official Response
  • Mego-Urko
    10 posts

@ubi-thrupney I think the issues lies in have mouse2 bound to move forward. You guys can confirm this by binding it that way. Thanks!

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks for coming back to me so promptly with this screenshot, @mego-urko - that's very helpful indeed 🙂 I've gone ahead and reported this forward now.

My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. Let me know if you've any questions at all.

Official Response
  • sonyman87
    4 posts

@paulkneipp
    I have the same issue. Horses also will just continue to turn a full 45* on the slightest press of left or right. its impossible to drive, race, or ride using the steer keys. you just have to hope you dont have to press them.
    system: 3800X on 6900xt 1440p ultrawide. Logitech G910 keyboard.

• anglerjon
    2 posts

@paulkneipp I have the exact same problem. Although vehicle steering was flawed prior to the update, after the update vehicles are undrivable. If I just tap left or right steering it continues as if I am holding it down. It's like the key "locks" regardless of how I press it. Only way to keep it from going in a direction is to stop accelerating.

• phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

I have this problem with ALL land and water vehicles and horses. It's not oversteer, it's that they forgot to check for the player releasing the A and D keys so the steering just continues to full lock even after you've released the key. It centers only when you lift off the throttle. This is a bug and I don't know how something so glaring got past QA testing. Also, airplanes are completely unusable as it appears to do this with the pitch keys.

Honestly, and this is a slight tangent, but airplanes sucked in Far Cry 5 and still suck. if not worse, in 6. I wish they would just remove them from any required missions (thank GOD you don't really have to do the Nick Rye mission in 5 to progress in the game, unfortunately I have no story missions available to me in 6 other than that stupid "get a military plane" one - as you can tell I'm super frustrated and this might be the first Far Cry game I give up on and I don't finish.)

• phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

@anglerjon Yup. which makes them unusable for anything requiring speed (like overtaking a vehicle to hijack them or racing for a supply drop)... you can still use them to get from place to place faster by using the autodrive or doing a finger dance on the throttle and turn buttons but for "intense use" they're now useless, and don't even bother trying to fly a plane....

Horses are the most useable transport in this game, even before the patch broke everything. You can still steer them with the mouse and don't really need the strafe keys.

• BONZAII42
    2 posts

@paulkneipp same issue here. Steering is crazy now.

• anglerjon
    2 posts

@ubi-thrupney Good morning - is this being looked into at all? I would like to be able to play the game again.

• phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

Does anyone know if this is affecting all versions or just the PC?

• phxrider
    Original poster 71 posts

@ubi-thrupney When are we looking at for a fix for this? Vehicles are completely broken, which means the game as a whole pretty much is broken. This should be a high priority and not have to wait until the next major update.

• Kalsarikannit.
    9 posts

I used to be able to drive cars and trucks just fine, suddenly it's like every time I tap the key for turn left or turn right it's stuck on toggle, the vehicle will do a total circle. I can't even drive in a straight line anymore. All other vehicles handle just fine, it's only the road vehicles. I have turned off all autodrive settings, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @kalsarikannit, sorry to hear this and welcome to the forums. Can you please elaborate on this further for me? Do you have any extra peripherals plugged into your computer such as a third party flight stick? Are you using a controller and if so, can you try using a mouse and keyboard?

You could also try changing your keybinds to see if that helps.

• Kalsarikannit.
    9 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    Hi, no controller, no flight stick, just mouse and keyboard. I have tried re-binding steer left and steer right keys but the problem remains the same. Its like they are set to toggle, I just tap the key and the car will continue pulling left or right. It's odd because everything was working fine, this problem just recently started.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics