ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Solved [16 Nov, 2021] [PC] Game crashes when loading due to Fast Travelling, Death or Special Operations following hot fix [Resolved]

26 Likes/389 Replies/13451 Views
    Angry_Bavarian
    Original poster 12 posts

@jev1313 @ubi-thrupney i can confirm that this works for me, too. No more loading-screen issues. Problem is that in offline-mode moneda you earn is not added to your account, seems it requires online-connectivity. Also insurgency does not work then.
    But at least it should be a hint on where to search.

• jev1313
    17 posts

@angry_bavarian Yes, none of the special operations can be done in offline mode. I noticed that the Modena I did have was now reported as 0(zero) in my inventory while in offline mode, however it reappeared after switching back to online mode. All of my outfits and weapons purchased through ubisoftconnect remained in my arsenal however purchased vehicles were not available in offline mode. The did reappear once back in online mode. Annoying but not really that important. It may be possible to do all but the special operations part of the insurgency but that test will have to wait until next Monday.

• trymer11
    5 posts

Hi
    Far Cry 6 won't launch after update November16.

• jev1313
    17 posts

@trymer11 Please read my post about changing the ubisoft connect app to OFFLINE mode. Maybe that will work for you.

• trymer11
    5 posts

@jev1313: - unfortunately, dont' work. Thanks.

• Rockape6348
    6 posts

Come on Ubisoft!!!! Everyone is having the same problem. You need to sort it out! Crashing when trying to Fast travel and Special Ops

• jev1313
    17 posts

@trymer11 Try this thread in the player support forum. It has some solutions that involve changing the keyboard layout. Game won't launch, or black screen at launch, after Nov 16th update | POST HERE

• Angry_Bavarian
    Original poster 12 posts

@jev1313 does not work for me, same problem.

• Jason4078
    21 posts

I have been going back and forth with Ubisoft Support all day. Sent dxdiag reports, msinfo32 files, had me try disabling all my startup programs and startup services, uninstalling/reinstalling MS Visual Studio C++ versions (which they sent links to dead web pages in my support email), tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, used DDU to cleanly and completely remove my Nvidia graphics drivers and doing a clean install of the latest drivers. Nothing worked!

Come on Ubi - I don't believe this in on my (or any of the people in this thread complaining of the same issue) end!

What is more likely:

A computer that hasn't changed its startup programs, startup services, forwarded ports on their routers, installed applications, etc is conflicting with an aspect of the game? Mind you, we can get into the game fine. Gameplay is what it was prior to the Vaas Insanity update (at least on my end). I can roam around Patriotas Peak without issue. I can use the workbench, do Bandidos operations, talk to Lola, and look at the items in the Black Market without issue! Only when I decided to fast travel/airdrop does the game CTD. I honestly don't see how any of these resolutions/fixes Ubi keeps telling me to explore can affect an in-game function. The program itself? Sure. I could see that being possible and realistic. But for any of these fixes to actually fix in-game functionality (when the game runs the way it should, loads properly, etc) is a huge stretch for me to believe.

OR

That the Vaas Insanity update/patch from a day or two ago borked something up in the game which messed up fast traveling/airdropping?

Paid $120 for the Ultimate edition and since launch, it has been a buggy mess on my end. When it works, it is a blast. When it doesn't, it is frustrating beyond reason.

• Kkat.
    20 posts

@jason4078 I tried Ubisoft's recommendations to "help them help me" right up to the point they wanted me to downgrade my computer's functionality. At that point, I'd had it with their efforts to find something other than their game to blame instead of trying to fix the problems their update created.

I'm sure they're going to put the blame on me for not jumping through all their hoops and write off the issue as being caused by whatever was next on their list of hopeful scapegoats.

Fortunately for me, I have discovered that playing in offline mode clears the problem. Which makes it clear that the problem is in some aspect of the game's online element. This does lock me out of Special Operations, but other than that, the only downside is that I cannot use the store. Unfortunate for them since this means their issue is literally costing them money. Likewise, I don't have the DLC, and since I suspect that the DLC won't work in offline mode, I won't buy the season pass until this is fixed.

• Jason4078
    21 posts

@kkat Not being able to play Spec Ops is a deal-breaker for me. I really want to complete the insurgencies they release each week for the moneda and for the weapons. Plus it has been something my step-son and I have recently been able to co-op in and have a good time. I realize the items from the insurgencies will probably be available at some point. But that is no excuse for issues like this. One minute, one day that in-game functionality is working, the next day it isn't.

• NormalSaiyan
    2 posts

@jev1313 Having tried the other troubleshooting steps to no avail, i tried what you said and put Ubisoft Connect into offline mode and it worked like a charm. I can now fast travel and air drop again. I hope this confirmation helps the team hone in on the problem.

• AgileTalent
    3 posts

@jkendric202020

I'm having it as well. I have several accounts in my house, and several installations. On my machine, if I fly without "teleporting" I can take over locations, etc. I can also do the new DLC. However, entering a mission, immediate CTD.

So, I tried my wife's account on her PC, it works fine. (Travelling, doing missions,etc.) I logged onto my account and tried a Special Operation, bam, CTD.

So, it's not the installation. It's something to do with the save file, or possibly a graphics setting, though I have played around with all of the above. I can even travel in the new DLC. I just can't seem to do it in the original game. I'm 85 hours into this game. I REALLY don't want to start over. (And I've been taking my time, and haven't completed the main storyline yet, if that makes a difference.)

Tried on both Nvidia 2070 and a Radeon 5700Xt.

• AgileTalent
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney I have the same issue and have tried all the steps (and then some, like trying on another machine where my wife's character can travel fine, but when I login, I cannot. Which REALLY makes me think it's in the save file, somehow...)

Will check out the system files thing.

• Kkat.
    20 posts

@agiletalent I've discovered that the problem disappears if I play in offline mode. When offline, I cannot play Special Operations, but fast travel and other spawning works just fine. That heavily suggests to me that the issue is being caused by some aspect of the online element.

• RoadHouse1
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • WildHunt
    224 posts

At this point, I would rather Ubisoft roll back the update until they can fix the problem. I say this as someone who owns the DLC, just roll back the update before players miss out on the weekly content due to being locked out of special ops.

• firestormx75
    14 posts

@wildhunt I am also having this problem. Brand new computer, new download of the game, have verified files.

• Scotterius
    8 posts

I am having the described problem as well. I have uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled, cleared temp folder, uninstalled Ubisoft connect and reinstalled everything fresh, Verified all drivers...on everything and rebooted my router. I even disconnected my additional monitors.

The game still crashes during fast travel. Otherwise, I can perform missions in the game normally. Special operations will crash as well. I have not completed the campaign, so I don't have access to insurgencies yet.

Edit: I can confirm that fast travel does work in offline mode. The problem does seem to be with ubisoft servers. I remember I had a similar problem with Breakpoint in that the game just stopped working during a save check. Eventually I just stopped playing.

• Stay-Frosty
    1 posts

@scotterius
    Same problem here. I am willing to submit files to UBI if it will help. This is very frustrating.

Suggested Topics