Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Karakzorn
    Original poster 29 posts

Here I go again, brainstorming on how to change Nokk (yes I know, I keep coming back to it, I gues I'm a fan or something).
    We know the following information:

The devs have the following requirements:
    Nokk must not be forced to rework her entire ability mechanics, nor her voice lines.
    Nokk must not in any scenario become a rusher.
    Nokk must remain a 3-difficulty operator, requiring lots of game sense and map knowledge.
    Nokk must remain unique and not get too close to vigil or caveira.

We also know the following things:
    Attacker repick is in the works which will enable more hard countering of defenders.
    Drone after death is also in the works which will improve attacker intel and some defender intel gadgets.
    Bulletproof cameras are getting improved which Nokk counters.
    Nokk is primarily picked a few times in the higher tiers for her camera evasion, acting as a supprise pick to hopefully get a lucky round win, but not consistently as a dependable operator.

Nokk has the following mechanics holding her back:
    Nokk is a 2-speed operator.
    Nokk has an awful primary weapon that is equipped with a poor scope and poor damage, yet high fire rate for good headshot potential.
    Nokk’s gun has very low destruction potential, it performs poorly at destroying barricades and making holes in soft walls.
    Nokk’s gadget is on a 12 second timer, only benefits herself and doesn’t last long enough to traverse a large distance without break.

Here are my suggestions to keep in line with most of demands:
    Wait until the intel gadget rework and attacker repick goes live, and then keep an eye on how Nokk is performing. This will likely remain consistently low for all but the higher tiers, as Nokk only effects herself, which is certainly acceptable, but destroying gadgets is far more significant than gambling on a Nokk alone to turn the tide, especially when you also have to deal with traps that Nokk does not counter, easily giving away the game.

Increasing Nokk’s speed to 3, this has been a popular suggestion, this enables Nokk to traverse the map faster, meaning she can on average make more use of her gadget, as she will come in contact with more camera’s. Not only that, but her gadget is more reliable as the total distance covered while invisible is also increased. Nokk also no longer needs to hide waiting for her gadget to recover, enabling more “fun” and active gameplay.

Making echo and mozzie no longer have a notification if Nokk is sneaking past. This is pretty much a given, I don’t know why this operator specific interaction behaves this way, but Nokk was designed around countering intel. Why should Nokk be partially countered by some defending intel operators, but others not at all?

Increase her firepower by giving her an AR. If increasing the power level on her gadget is too much of risk, even though it only effects herself. Then increasing her firepower should be fine right? We are talking about an operator that has a selfish gadget, but also one with an average speed and bellow average attacker gun. Giving her an AR seems like an acceptable solution?

Many people call for an AR with a silencer that also matches the magazines on her model, personally I prefer a sense of historical accuracy. And would thus suggest the C8, as the Danish military fields quite a few Colt rifle models. It is a top tier R6 rifle with superior performance, meaning that Nokk would become a very capable operator, lacking in many departments, except firepower.

That leaves the little detail of her magazine texture, however with the new season showing magazine customization, I have every bit of faith that the devs are capable of making the C8 magazines look like part of her model, including the green/black stripe camo that her shotgun is themed around. The optics still have to be figured out, but I’m sure the devs know what feels fair, with the foregrip being enabled it should perform better than buck’s C8 rifle, however the devs can always limit her weapon attachment customization as they did with meluci.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    413 posts

Agree with pretty much all the points, for someone who is focused on being both mobile and sneaky as well as being a fragger, she just disappoints in both aspects with gadget and speed being limiting and the secondary gadgets and weapons more focused on support and ambushes. She definetly needs more firepower to fill her role the devs said they wanted out of a fragger since even if every star aligns and you can use your adget to flank the enemy at most you just will be shooting one person by surprise and then be stuck in an awkward position for a gunfight with an somewhat meh gun.

Her strenght should come from people being able to execute flanks, gadget pretty much alarms most intel operators and is easily countered by other gadgets at the same time in a regular gunfight too weak

Suggested Topics