ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tcarlisle2012
    Original poster 207 posts

I will admit, when I first played this game mode, I was not a fan. Playing it for some time, I've come to a place where I don't hate it and can see why they chose this game mode.

The first thing I hated about it, was that it didn't have any of the far cry stuff like outposts, missions, etc. It just didn't feel like far cry.

But then I thought "if they had followed that same formula, they would be criticized for lack of adding anything new".

The biggest problems are:

It is too hard. To easy to die, and you pretty much get wiped back to square one. Quitting the game wipes you back to square 1?

Well, not really. Kind of, sort of.

Some of your stuff carries forward when you die. So you don't get wiped back to zero in terms of some stats, but yeah map progress you did is wiped.

Quitting the game also resets the map? [censored].

Well, the essence of this game mode is you play conservatively and carefully, and you farm stuff to build up your stats and weapons. I mean, that is really what this game mode is all about.

Well, if they didn't reset the map, ever, you would run out of things to farm. You would have no way of getting your toon to the appropriate strength to take on the next big thing.

I could see the forum complaints now.... "we need a way of resetting stuff!?!?!"

The run'n gun pure action players are going to hate this. The stealth players are going to like it. Casual players are going to hate it, because it involves farming, doing things more than once, and not really being able to "save" the map progress.

For me, the bottom line is that if it had followed the far cry model, I'd probably already be done with it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@tcarlisle2012 If it smells like shitte one should not step in it.

• Spidey456
    11 posts

@tcarlisle2012

I found the DLC exciting. Something I didn't find from the base game and stopped playing because it was to easy. A few times I got that "F yeah" endorphin dump on the DLC. No run and gun? That's all I do. Just got to watch positioning. Slide and don't get flanked by too many. enemies. Gunplay is more inline with FC5. I'm still waiting for a higher difficulty patch for the base FC6 game because there is no challenge for me there and beating it is a for gone conclusion. Which makes playing it boring. I like to have some sibilance of doubt I will successful in the games I play.

Well done devs with the DLC

• tcarlisle2012

@spidey456 Yes, I find the various challenges are a run'n' gun style, and the tactics you mention are right on target. Otherwise, I prefer to play stealth. That just my preference. I did not mean that it can't be played any other way -- just that my opinion is they intended it to be mostly stealth.

• KopfSmertZz
    86 posts

@tcarlisle2012 I played it for a few hours and will try many more. I agree that it is to hard in the beginning, a small mistake in judgement often results in death and you have to start over and over again. I do not mind to do that, but it should be a bit more easier to farm money, permanent abilities and weapons to get the feeling you are progressing, now it just takes to long, specially in the first runs. This DLC is all about stealth and farming, over and over again until you are strong/good enough to do a sort of speedrun. I'm in!

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

@tcarlisle2012
    It's too hard? What? I thought it's too easy.

Need a way to reset stuff? Go to a safehouse or your base and exit. Restart the game and voila: everything is reset. You keep your weapons and upgrades.

FYI: the gun I use most is a silenced pistol.

• Izi_
    45 posts

I liked DLC very much, but I have 2 problems. It's way too short and way way way too easy.
    10 hours and I did everything possible found everything, upgrade everything and I still have 100000+ money which I don't need any more.

Very last achievement was that I need to Respawn 10 times, which mean I must die 10 times. I died only 1 times on the very beginning when I accidentally feel into abyss. So I tried to die intentionally on hardest difficulty 5 and with my fully upgraded Vass it's almost impossible to die.
    Tried with group of enemies shooting at me when I standing in fire, burning all the time and I dropping grenades into my feet. Still takes more than a minute to die once.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy. And too short. You only need to fully finish it 3 times and you're fully upgraded with all gold weapons and gold buffs.

• RobertEmerald
    166 posts

Not my cup of tea. I played for 20 minutes, got bored and hated everything about the DLC, even though I love Vaas's character. Worst Far Cry DLC ever! 0/10 I love the base game though, even though it needs a New Game Plus mode, additional story content and some bug fixes.

Note: Ratings will vary from player to player. as always. 😁

• tcarlisle2012

Yes, as you upgrade Vaas, the game gets a lot less hard. In my view, people that are going to not like this game mode, aren't going to play it long enough to upgrade their Vaas very far. The early stages of the game is where I think it will lose a lot of people. And having your overall progress (not your character stats) reset at death means the player has a lot at stake. A lot of people aren't going to like that.

I will be honest, I wasn't really feeling the zombie or mars DLCs from FC5, but the Vietnam DLC hit it out of the park for me. Maybe the next one will be more to widespread liking.

• RobertEmerald
    166 posts

@tcarlisle2012, The Vietnam DLC for Far Cry 5 was the only I enjoyed and played to completion. The Mars and Zombie DLC's I did not like and stopped playing after spending around 30 minutes on each DLC.

• Sleezure
    141 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics