Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MikeWeeks
    Original poster 103 posts

Has anyone gotten this message when attempting to upload an image to this new forum:

"Something went wrong while parsing server response"

and if so, resolved the issue?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2938 posts

Hi @mikeweeks I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced issues adding images to your forum post.

Can you please go through the browser troubleshooting if you haven't already then try again.

Official Response
  • MikeWeeks

@ubi-keo -- As the saying goes ... "been there, done that ..."

Customer Support will not, or can not, answer this question: what are the limits to uploading images to this new forum? Given that Ubisoft decided to eliminate the "link to a third-party hosting site" approach that was part of the original forum design.

• Virtual-Chris
    761 posts

@mikeweeks ... I had that issue and reducing the file size to below 2MB seemed to fix it for me.

• MikeWeeks
    @mikeweeks ... I had that issue and reducing the file size to below 2MB seemed to fix it for me.

Thanks for mentioning reducing may be the solution. In my case the file sizes I am attempting to load up all come from in-game and a file size of 375KB for example, is choking their system.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2938 posts

@mikeweeks I'm sorry to hear that the browser troubleshooting did not help.

My next suggestion would have been to reduce the file size as Virtual-Chris mentioned. Alternatively you can upload the images to a file sharing website then copy and paste the URL link into the thread you are posting on.

Official Response
  • MikeWeeks

@ubi-keo -- the issue appears to be dimensions of the file - not the size itself. By that, the Ubisoft system appears to be unable to accept files at 1440p for example (native resolution for a good number of systems), but will for that same file at 1080p. It's a joke, as now we the customers have to do the work to re-adjust in-game photo mode files to fit the restrictions placed by Ubisoft - for a supposedly "new and improved" forum experience.

As stated, the Ubisoft system chokes for a 375 KB file at 1440p, but accepts it at 1080p.

I also wish to point out that as far as I can determine Ubisoft has not published/displayed what are the limits to directly uploading files to this new forum. If my understanding is correct, why is that?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue with uploading images of higher resolutions (e.g. 1440p). I've moved this thread over into our Forum Feedback section, as it concerns an issue with the forum itself and not an in-game issue.

I've double-checked with the forum development team, and the maximum dimensions for uploads has been increased to 5000p x 5000p. Should images be wider than 2000p, they should automatically resize on the page as not appear huge in posts or stretch the forum too much.

Please do give this a try here in this thread with some of your captured screenshots if you'd like, to make sure that this now works as intended. I apologise for the issue as it was previously, and hope that this will resolve the issue for you all! 🙂

CC: @MikeWeeks, @Virtual-Chris

Official Response
  • MikeWeeks

@ubi-woofer Here's a test of un-altered in-game images:

375KB @ 250x1440 (previously received an error message)

Here's a sample photo-mode in-game image:

1.3MB @ 2560x1440

BTW: how does one go about seeing that a thread/post has been moved? I only found this by looking at my posting "history" to note that it no longer was in Ghost Recon. That's after no longer seeing it under Player Support. Does the "CC" have any real meaning - such a PM or notice of some type?

Suggested Topics