ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gremlin-Cursed
    Original poster 75 posts

Vassiliy Kropotkine isn't your normal sort of victim—he's special! I have never had any schmuck that I've captured and stowed in a vehicle get out if I leave to do something else! He just plain ol' irritated me, so I planned for him a fate worse than death; I was going to capture him alive and deliver him into the hands of his angry enemies. Tackling this mission, I quickly discovered that a stealth approach from outside the compound was too frustrating. "To Hell with it!" I swore aloud, returned to the nearest bivouac, got a light and nimble chopper, and landed on a rooftop mere meters away from his position. All of his support troops are complete incompetents. One of the two radio operators present summoned backup to the wrong A/O; the chopper continually patrolled in circles, attacking rebels about half a click to three-quarters of a click away, the pilot and gunners too far for me to mark and execute, so backup could be safely ignored. Almost everyone else around me, but the intended abductee, I had picked off with impunity from a prone position, the only threat presented the whole time being a lone high-ground sniper positioned to sight me. I didn't have to even bother with the fully-upgraded adaptive camouflage. A silenced TAC50 SNR took care of him neatly. Then I got impatient and sniped the three remaining foolhardy enough to come into my sights, hopped down, grabbed him, and frog-marched him into a handy SUV. I turned to walk away, intending to hack the laptop, when I noticed that his icon was moving around!

I made a beeline back to him, knocked him out, and this time I was assured that he'd stay put and not try to wander off again while I hacked his laptop.

I think that the developers should have chosen more carefully the staff members that came up with the names of these enemy characters, like, maybe people that actually speak and write Russian? The Filmmaker's name isn't the only one that doesn't quite follow Russian language conventions, but he'll do. The Y in his first name is superfluous, the transliterated character not audibly heard when pronounced, and the written Kropotkine is actually pronounced Krō-pōt-keen-ye...but, spoken in the game is the far less odd and common name of Kropotkin, Krō-pōt-keen. Just sayin', it would aid greatly in immersion if the names weren't so comically bad.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics