ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hanibaal81
    Original poster 1 posts

Please allow the blueprint build mode while the game is paused , it helps a lot especially in mid and late game

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    394 posts

@hanibaal81
    Hi There. I totally agree with you. When you are trying to plan a big island, it takes up a lot of time. Many people have been asking for this feature, sometimes known as Active pause, for a long time, right back to the closed Beta. Many were happy to accept the restriction that you could only build blueprints, allowing for efficient planning. There are multiple threads about it on the old forum. The devs said that it would be a major change to the game mechanics, and commentators (including me) said that they felt that a very slow speed mode would be a reasonable alternative. I suggested two slow speeds; a slow one (say 1/2) and a very slow one (I think I said 1/32 or 1/64). The devs responded at one of this year's game Updates (maybe 10 or 11) by adding the slow speed but not the very slow one. I never understood why they only added one, though it did help a bit. There are two faster speeds so why not two slower ones. I fear that we are running out of time to get this important feature into this game. There may not be any more major updates, though there should be at least one more bug fix update. (Mind you, they said no more Season Passes after Season 2 and shortly afterwards announced Season 3)
    However, I really hope that the devs take it into consideration for any future Anno game.

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Anno Dev Team Community Developer 293 posts

As Asterix said, currently there are technical constraints that prevent us from adding some kind of "active pause" to the game - certain reworks of our systems, which this would require, can't be done to the live version of the game without the risk of causing issues. However, we keep the feedback in mind for future projects, yes.

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    394 posts

@ubi-thorlof
    I understand that a true active pause is difficult, at this stage in development. I'd still like to see the super-slow speed though, Say 1/64 (assuming binary division is easiest) or 1/50. I can't see that it's any more difficult to have two slower speeds that it is for the two faster speeds that we have, and neither do I think that a few extra divide steps is particularly difficult.

Suggested Topics