ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tyrolek
    Original poster 10 posts

Hi
    I am wondering if I can get banned for using VPN while playing Siege? I live in the US and in early morning hours queue times are abysmal. I often play with my friends in Europe anyway, accepting the higher ping. However, when they're not playing and I decide to play myself, would using VPN to switch to a EU server get me banned?
    Ubisoft has an article recommending caution but that's about that. Is there any other bit of info I am missing?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts
    Best Answer

@tyrolek Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about the use of VPN in Ubisoft games. Ubisoft strongly recommends that players avoid the use of VPN services. Players who decide to use VPN do so at their own discretion while being aware of the potential risks associated. 

You can find more information on this here.

If you are experiencing long loading times you can manually change your data center here. This will allow you to connect to others outside of your region without the use of a VPN.

If you need anything further please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Lie-nus
    130 posts

@tyrolek Are you on PC? You can edit your data center in gamesettings.ini to play on EU.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/rainbow-six-siege/article/selecting-data-centres-manually-in-rainbow-six-siege-pc/000060594

Edit: Yeah you are on PC. You have a profile on R6Tracker.

• Ubi-Viral
    Best Answer

@tyrolek Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about the use of VPN in Ubisoft games. Ubisoft strongly recommends that players avoid the use of VPN services. Players who decide to use VPN do so at their own discretion while being aware of the potential risks associated. 

You can find more information on this here.

If you are experiencing long loading times you can manually change your data center here. This will allow you to connect to others outside of your region without the use of a VPN.

If you need anything further please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • tyrolek
    Original poster 10 posts

@lie-nus Thanks!

• Ubi-Viral

@tyrolek If you need anything else please get back in touch.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Parashistik
    1 posts

No you can't get banned for using VPN

• RandeeTaub
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Viral

@parashistik Hi there, as I have advised above the use of a VPN is at a players discretion and the risk of a ban still remains.

Please use the link above to find more information on this.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • difficultcggo
    2 posts

Why would VPN be restricted while using Ubisoft services? I don't anything bad in this

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1665 posts

@difficultcggo Hi there.

Thanks for posting your question here.

Regrettably, we're unable to further share information on VPN use and how this affects our services, in order to maintain integrity to our internal systems.

Apologies if this was not the answer you were hoping for.

If you have any other queries, please be in touch.

Official Response
  • difficultcggo
    2 posts

Why would using proxy cause a ban on your Ubisoft account! I don't see something in using proxy servers while playing online in video games made by Ubisoft. For example, when I was a child, I spammed on numerous websites, so my home IP was on different spamming lists, and I couldn't access many websites. It is why I always use Turkish proxies: (https://soax.com/turkey-proxy) to hide my real IP. I often forget to turn it off and start playing video games made by Ubisoft in the multiplayer regime, and I didn't get banned from the game.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello difficultcggo, thank you for your question. We advise against using VPNs to play our online multiplayer games as a caution, as it may cause issues with connectivity or interference that we are unable to resolve. Please see our guide posted previously by Ubi-Viral for more information on the usage of VPNs >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/using-vpn-with-ubisoft-games/000062859

Official Response

Suggested Topics